VICBREW 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're coming to the boil now gents....

FYI, we have a total of 575 entries to get through - gonna be a busy weekend!!!

Judge allocation & further info. should be going out today.

FYI, we have a total of 575 entries to get through - gonna be a busy weekend!!!
575 entries - that's an awesome number of entries.

Clearly an increase on previous years a far as entries but what about the number of brewers?

Is it the same number of us just entering more entries? (I had 3 last year 7 this year)

Or are there more brewers in the game?

Martin _ I think you need to do another t-shirt run

"Victoria - the real home of home brewing"

I don't have access to the total number of brewers entering right now, but I'd guess it's up on previous years.

Ive never entered and have this year, cant speak for others but there seems to be plenty noobs about like myself :)

If you are a competitor, interested onlooker or new steward, please consider putting your hand up for judging.

Don't be put off if you've never done it before - you'll likely be partnered with others of experience but all you really need is a palate and a hand (to hold a glass and to write). If you can review commercial or home brewed heer, you can judge.
Every year vicbrew (one of the biggest national comps) struggle for judges but the number of entries grows.

They need competitors and beer people to offer half a day to a day to taste and reflect.

You get free lunch usually - I presume it's the same this year. My first ever judging stint was at vicbrew and it was a great experience. Don't hesitate because without assistance, the comp can't run and it can't run well.

I live interstate these days so I can't help but I encourage anyone even considering to jump in.

Thanks, Manticle!

We've Juuust......got enough judges to handle the numbers this year, but I can see the need for more in coming years. The committee is working on that...

I've said it many times - becoming a judge will make you a better brewer.

Stewards is another (personal) issue. We've got a glut on Saturday & a dearth on Sunday. Lunches are also provided for Stewards, so if you want to rock-up & help out (did I forget to mention free beer?? ;) ), you'll be most welcome.

Yes many categories are scheduled to carry over to the Sunday this year, so don't think you will miss out on the 'interesting' stuff. Remember, stewards get to taste the comp beers and the Sunday has plenty on offer including the specialties....always interesting!

I'm down for Sunday afternoon but, having seen how few stewards there are for Sunday, I will try to get there as early as I can. Looking forward to it!

By the way, we have the Barney, will be bringing it on Sunday unless someone wants to collect it earlier.

worthogs webmaster said:
By the way, we have the Barney, will be bringing it on Sunday unless someone wants to collect it earlier.
Sunday bringing will be fine. It all happens at the end, so as long as it's there for the results it's all good.

DU99 said:
Anything we have to bring(stewards)
Just a strong work-ethic & a sense of humour. We'll provide the rest.. ;)

Just to give you all an idea, here are all the entries that we have to sort. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1443144939.446131.jpg

Latest posts

Back