VICBREW 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinOC

Insert something suitably witty here
Reaction score
This is a call for JUDGES and STEWARDS for VicBrew2014. It's[SIZE=10pt] earlier this year on the second last weekend of September - Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st September 2014[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] at the Belgian Beer Cafe Eureka, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank Melbourne, Melway 2F E7. T[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]he competition is BJCP registered, but all judges are welcome.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Can you please reply asap ([email protected]) providing the following information:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]AVAILABLE SATURDAY 20th Sep SESSION: yes/no[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]AVAILABLE SUNDAY 21st Sep SESSION: yes/no[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]JUDGING EXPERIENCE, COMPETITIONS JUDGED AT: 0 / 1 / 2-4 / 5-10 / >10.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]BJCP ID#:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]AVAILABLE TO JUDGE: yes/no[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]AVAILABLE TO STEWARD: yes/no[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]PREFER TO JUDGE CATEGORIES (ok to use category numbers):[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]PREFER NOT TO JUDGE CATEGORIES [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt](ok to use category numbers)[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]NAME:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]ANY OTHER INFO:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The days on which each category is judged will depend on the number of entries and judge availability.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Starting times for the sessions are expected to be:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Morning session (9.00 am start):[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Afternoon session (1 pm start, 5pm finish):[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Lunch will be provided for all judges and stewards.[/SIZE]

If you're only available for part of the day, please indicate your preference for a morning or afternoon sessions. We will use this information to draw up the judging schedule but cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet everyone's preferences. We hope that most judges will be available for several sessions, but the need for this will depend on the response. We will not assign judges to categories in which they have an entry - please let us know the categories you will be entering. We we will also check against the registration database in case you change your mind.

[SIZE=10pt]The categories are:[/SIZE]
1. Low Alcohol (<4% Abv)
2. Pale Lager
3. Pilsener
4. Amber & Dark Lager
5. Strong Lager (>6% Abv)
6. Pale Ale
7. American Pale Ale
8. Bitter Ale
9. Brown Ale
10. Porter
11. Stout
12. Strong Stout (>6% Abv)
13. India Pale Ale
14. Strong Ale (>6% Abv)
15. Belgian Strong Ale (>6% Abv)
16. Wheat & Rye Beer
17. Farmhouse Ale & Wild Beer
18. Specialty Beer
19. Mead
20. Cider
[SIZE=10pt]There is a full list of categories and styles on the back of the entry form and at www.vicbrew.org under the VicBrew tab on the left-hand side of the page.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Thanks for your assistance,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Mark Hibberd[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]on behalf of the VicBrew2014 organising committee (Michael Guenzel, Michael Bowron, Charles Johnston, Mark Johnstone, Andy Davison, Martin O'Connor)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][email protected][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]mob. 0427 178 068[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I'm posting this on behalf of the Committee (YES, I'm THAT Martin O'Connor on the committee!! Derrr!).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I'm Chief Steward, so any questions about stewarding can be directed to me here or via PM.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Let the games begin!!!! [/SIZE]

Serving temps this year? ;)

Looking forward to it.. hopefully get a day pass to help steward if I can.

You, Sir, can get Royally FUCKED with a triple forward somersault & half-roll in the middle!

The usual (ie NOT distracted this year) attention will be paid to ALL entries as becomes them.

'Look forward to having you on the team, Yob...mwahahahaha!!!! B)

I'd be up for being a steward on the sunday!

Grainer said:
I'd be up for being a steward on the sunday!
Choice! Usually lots of "big" beers & a very relaxed afternoon as we wind-down to the results.

Shoot Mark Hibberd an email (in the original post) & he'll put you down for a slot.

Don't forget to turn-up early (free lunch for all Judges & Stewards!).

What we REALLY need is Saturday Judges & Stewards, so we can break the back of the schedule (Hint!).

Sorry, mate Panda's are off the menu for this year (they proved very popular last year & became prohibitively expensive what with the budget 'n'all).

I'm sure I could swing you an ocelot-burger, or perhaps wolf nipple-tips as a snack??

At the behest of the VICBREW committee, I'm gonna keep bumping this (sorry, Mod's) until we get the numbers.

For all you Victorians, I KNOW it's during finals-time (Personal yawn here..), but the event is before "that" thinggie happens on the last weekend, so there's no excuse.

Also looking for a dedicated crew of Stewards (this is MY personal thang..).

Lunches provided for all Jugdes/Stewards. No need for experience (don't be scared/intimidated), it's a lot of fun & I'll guide you through the whole thing. If you want to try judging whilst you Steward, or Steward whilst you try judging, it's all possible.

Lot's of great beers to try for free & fellow beer-geeks to talk-to along the way.

Mostly need people on Saturday (to break the back of the judging schedule), but Sunday is a good day to cruise-back & enjoy a few bevvies in a relaxed atmosphere before the results are announced.

PM me here, or contact me on the mobile on 0417 521 372 with any queries.

Martin

Edit: I missed an "l" & since I'm such an anally-retentive prick, I decided to be absolutely precise about my pismronounciation..

You haven't been ignored. Mark Hibberd is a VERY busy man.

Expect a response about a week out, when Mark will do a bulk mail-out confirmation to all & sundry.

Don't forget to respond to Mark as per the OP:

Can you please reply asap ([email protected]) providing the following information:

AVAILABLE SATURDAY 20th Sep SESSION: yes/no

AVAILABLE SUNDAY 21st Sep SESSION: yes/no

JUDGING EXPERIENCE, COMPETITIONS JUDGED AT: 0 / 1 / 2-4 / 5-10 / >10.

BJCP ID#:

AVAILABLE TO JUDGE: yes/no

AVAILABLE TO STEWARD: yes/no

PREFER TO JUDGE CATEGORIES (ok to use category numbers):

PREFER NOT TO JUDGE CATEGORIES (ok to use category numbers):

NAME:

CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:

ANY OTHER INFO:

5 Entries in... I fekkin love comp season :party:

*ed and email sent for stewarding on the sat, full day

Am I correct in understanding that entries closed yesterday?

Really????...cant believe I missed it.

I was going to enter for the first time...

How strict is the cut off?

Suggest you talk to Pete, Gunzel or Andy D and see if you cant squeeze in..

Not entering A cider in a Beer comp are you? ;)

Latest posts

Back