VICBREW 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vicbrew will be the second comp I have entered and my first time as a steward. Looking forward to seeing how it all runs and will definitely be putting my hand up as a judge in the future.

GalBrew said:
Just to give you all an idea, here are all the entries that we have to sort.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1443144939.446131.jpg
Is that JarJar Binks in front of the other two guys?

Amendment to the previously-amended amendment:

After doing the sorting etc. today & despite a few drop-outs/no-shows, we have a total of 590 entries this year. FAAAARK!!!!

Over a beer or two during lunch, the committee agreed to deal with the ever-increasing number of entries in one way or another, so expect restrictions to apply next year.

We just can't deal with these numbers without the judges & stewards to handle them on a single weekend.....HINT!!

BOTH!

Epic is right, mate! It goes up every year. Critical mass is approaching...

Going to bed now. Need to sleep in order to be my utmost, bestest Martinet tomorrow..... :ph34r:

MartinOC said:
BOTH!

Epic is right, mate! It goes up every year. Critical mass is approaching...

Going to bed now. Need to sleep in order to be my utmost, bestest Martinet tomorrow..... :ph34r:
Shit eh!!

Sorry man, I'm usually on board but just not possible this year.

Well folks, day 1 of judging has kicked off. We are well busy with a record number of entries and most categories stretching over 2 days!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1443226908.246410.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1443226923.703674.jpg

Pretty sure we have 12 categories going at the moment, with at least one to start up this arvo with three tables at once.

Just dropped by to check on proceedings...
Hats off to everyone there, doing a great job. It's a big job to get through all those. As an outsider looking on it looks like a well oiled machine.
Did my civic duty, donned the rubber gloves and did an hour(ish) of glass and jug washing.
BIG thanks to all involved

Epic- thats my summary. Stellar effort to Martin as head steward. Thoroughlly enjoyed it even if the first half was a blur of glasses and jug washing/chilling/ice gathering. See you all next year!

(GP)Your's was the only one whose hand's that fitted the gloves..Hat's off to vicbrew organisers will done guy's.

Latest posts

Back