VICBREW 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black n Tan said:
And now the hardest part, to replicate the masterpiece. Many a brewer has made an award winning beer and been unable to find that special something again.
Yes, that a challenge... Anyhoo, this is what we brew for innit?

Folks,

I've just finished uploading all the scoresheets onto CompMaster, so if you entered online you should be able to log in and download yours now.

Cheers!

Andy

Thanks Andy your effort is greatly appreciated

Andyd said:
Folks,

I've just finished uploading all the scoresheets onto CompMaster, so if you entered online you should be able to log in and download yours now.

Cheers!

Andy
Thanks Andy, any idea when we can expect to see the comp results if we didn't enter online?

scientzing4beer said:
Thanks Andy, any idea when we can expect to see the comp results if we didn't enter online?

Here...

MartinOC said:
No, sport, it's the other way around.

Anything entered via Compmaster (ie. online) "should" be going out tonight or tomorrow (depending on Andy's personal workload).

The physical judging sheets were picked-up from my place tonight & will be sent-out by snailmail for those who made paper entries.

Since Collingwood aren't playing in the final, I guess it will be sooner rather than later, or (worst-case scenario), all the paperwork will be sorted during the "game" on Saturday (I have absolutely NO interest in anything footy-related & won't be involved).

Edit: That means the physical sheets will be mailed-out early next week (latest).

scientzing4beer said:
They are mailed out by martin, you will get hem next week. Now you know to enter online! :p

Turns out second place in Brown Ales doesn't have a bottle to send up to the Nationals...

So I got a call as fourth place to step up.

Trouble is I don't have any more of my fourth place Scottish ale either. But apparently I can submit another beer in the same category.

I have a White Rabbit Dark Ale that is American Brown-ish, albiet a bit too dark. So its on its way to the nationals....

If anything comes of this - it will make me the Stephen Bradbury of the brewing world. :ph34r:

I have the beer in Darwin till the 3rd and they won't accept any late entries

mxd said:
I have the beer in Darwin till the 3rd and they won't accept any late entries
It's a bugger when that happens. Your options are:

1. Have someone in Darwin send it directly to Canberra;
2. Submit another beer in the same category;
3. Bow-out & let the 4th-place getter submit their beer to the Nationals.

On hols in Darwin so would need someone to goto my house fill the bottles from the keg etc...

I've never done well at the nats so it saves me the anxiety :)

Gotta be in it to win it, mate. If you can get someone to decant for you (they could scoff the rest of it as payment.. :D ), at least you've got the entry there & in with a chance.

Techno. offered me his, but it's a bit of a bind getting it from him. 'Would love to find someone in the Eastern 'burbs that's closer to me & willing to part with theirs...

Good luck. There were a few standouts in that category ( more than when I judged it a couple of years ago) and I hung onto my favourite 4 or 5 to try again at the end of the flight. All still tasted very good at that time.
I swear a couple of others were deliberately entered to see what taints the judges could perceive though.

MartinOC said:
Techno. offered me his, but it's a bit of a bind getting it from him. 'Would love to find someone in the Eastern 'burbs that's closer to me & willing to part with theirs...
Martin - just had a look i my fridge and your in luck. I have a bottle of your Caledonian Porter if you want to grab it from Boronia.

GrumpyPaul said:
Martin - just had a look i my fridge and your in luck. I have a bottle of your Caledonian Porter if you want to grab it from Boronia.
Perfect!!! Paul, you've just saved my arse & a whole heap of stuffing-around!

I'll PM you to coordinate a pickup.

Cheers!

manticle said:
Good luck. There were a few standouts in that category ( more than when I judged it a couple of years ago) and I hung onto my favourite 4 or 5 to try again at the end of the flight. All still tasted very good at that time.
I swear a couple of others were deliberately entered to see what taints the judges could perceive though.
Thanks, Mant's. Yeah, I tried a few of the Robust's as they came out & figured I didn't have much competition in the sub-cat., but then, the Baltic's have usually scored well, which was my only real concern.

'Worked-out well for me... :D

Latest posts

Back