VICBREW 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing a major revision to CompMaster at the moment to fix a few issues with my current hosting and add some new capabilities. Editing entries is at the top of the new features list...

I entered one of my beers as an imperial stout but my gravities are a tad low for style is this now a useless entry or will it get moved to foreign extra stout

a potential drama, due to the site being down on Friday I couldn't enter/print labels. dropped them off at G&G late friday and then retrospectively entered via compmaster adding the bottle cap IDs I used - but no compmaster labels. will this be enough for the comp?! Entered the Ape Attack APA and Eye Gouge IPA. cheers!

Buckerooni, PM me the Compmaster entry numbers & the corresponding bottle cap ID's you used (& any other info/bottle-markings etc.) & I'll see if I can match things up & inform the bloke that picked up the OTHER 231 entries from G&G on Saturday........ :angry:

MartinOC said:
Buckerooni, PM me the Compmaster entry numbers & the corresponding bottle cap ID's you used (& any other info/bottle-markings etc.) & I'll see if I can match things up & inform the bloke that picked up the OTHER 231 entries from G&G on Saturday........ :angry:
Hopefully its a bumper one for you guys with Merry Mashers and the Northerns etc..

the OTHER 231 entries from G&G on Saturday........ :angry:
WOW - 231 from just one drop off point - that's close to half of last years total entries. Its going to be a big comp if the other drop offs had similar numbers.

Any idea on how the number of entries is comparing to previous years

When is judging being announced? Just gotta sort out timetable etc.. cheers

Numbers yet to be finalised. Probably tonight or tomorrow.

Once that's done, the judging schedule will be published. Judges are required to rock-up at 8.30am & Stewards at 8.15 (for setup & preliminary briefing) each day.

Hey everyone, is there a Twitter feed or anything for results? If not, when do results get published, or made available?

Probably after the comp is held...

This year it will be held on the 26th and 27th of September at the Belgian Beer Cafe Eureka, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank Melbourne, Melway 2F E7. This is a BJCP sanctioned and registered competition, and all judges are welcome.

Yob said:
Probably after the comp is held...

This year it will be held on the 26th and 27th of September at the Belgian Beer Cafe Eureka, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank Melbourne, Melway 2F E7. This is a BJCP sanctioned and registered competition, and all judges are welcome.
Aah, my bad, I thought it was this weekend for some reason.

So I had a cunning plan last night when I realised that the venue for Vicbrew is at the bottom of the Eureka Tower.

You see MrsGrumpy has been talking about going to the Eureka Skydeck for ages. So I say to her last night.

"Hey why don't we go to the Eureka Skydeck this weekend", "Ok" she says.
"Oh and while we're there. How's this for a coincidence - that brewing comp I entered is on just below it. We could drop in there and check it out"

tee hee....cunning plan worked.

Will see you all there at some point over the weekend.

DU99 said:
:icon_offtopic: you also stroll to southbank and visit hophaus
Looks good DU. Do you recommend? We are going to the Storm v Cowboys game Saturday night and we're going to go to the German brauhouse in south warf before, but that would be much closer.

Latest posts

Back