Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont think we need name tags. Just man up and introduce yourself and yea after a few everyone just becomes "mate", except for Rook. After a few he becoms wook, wooki, wookstar, man from rullarook or just plain old num nuts.

No worries CM2. I can either bring a 1st gen slant, or a stubbie of 3rd Gen slurry (or both!). Let me know your preference.

Hutch.
a stub of 3rd gen would be awsome. Cheers Hutch.

If anyone's interested I should have fresh slurry of:
- saf-k97 (german ale)
- T58 & chimay blue combined

I might have cultured up some w4184 (sweet mead) or w9097PC (old ale). Happy to share if i get them done.

OK, I have just tried to send a PM to everyone in the wiki. If I have missed anyone, then please get back to me and I can PM the details. Lets just hope that the weather gods help us out!

No worries CM2. I can either bring a 1st gen slant, or a stubbie of 3rd Gen slurry (or both!). Let me know your preference.

Hutch.

I'll grab a slant off you Hutch if you have a spare one.

I have some slants of the following if you want any

I'll also have some fresh 2007 slurry

Rook

I'll grab a slant off you Hutch if you have a spare one.

I have some slants of the following if you want any

I'll also have some fresh 2007 slurry

Rook
I'll bring one for you Rook.

Ooooo, the 3522 sounds good. You made any BPA's with this?

how does the 2007 go? Ive got 25kg of pils grain to do something with now.

how does the 2007 go? Ive got 25kg of pils grain to do something with now.

Bretto,

I'm using this first the first time as we speak, it has been in the fermenter for 10 days on AndrewQLD St Louis Lager, I'm then going to put a German Pilsner onto it

Rook

anyone got some 1968, 2565 or 2001 in stock?

I have 4 x AHB Polo's to also bring for some of you guys.

anyone got some 1968, 2565 or 2001 in stock?

I might be able to hook you up with a slant of some 1968 Fents. I should have a few floating around! ;)

Looking at the levels in the kegs, i think i will be attending with the CAP over the Helles. Sorry Rook. i mgiht decant a bottle or 2.. just for tastings.

I might have to run down to daves on the weekend and get a beer out post so i can transfer to another keg. i dont plan on brining around a nicly settled keg of CAP for it to be roused on the trip down. I might drop it off mid week dingo with my swap beers if thats ok?!

Cheers!

I might be able to hook you up with a slant of some 1968 Fents. I should have a few floating around! ;)

Looking at the levels in the kegs, i think i will be attending with the CAP over the Helles. Sorry Rook. i mgiht decant a bottle or 2.. just for tastings.

I might have to run down to daves on the weekend and get a beer out post so i can transfer to another keg. i dont plan on brining around a nicly settled keg of CAP for it to be roused on the trip down. I might drop it off mid week dingo with my swap beers if thats ok?!

Cheers!

Yeah, just PM me, and organise a time.

the book doesnt have Rochfort 8 or 10 I found out last night. it went down in my opinion after that. although there are some interesting beers in there.

ooppss better keep it on topic.

Guess what i have in the glass?! :p

Yep, the dregs of the AIPA force carb keg! Awesome Fruit salad/citrus/pine hop aroma swith some bready maltiness. Appearance has a slight dry hop haze, without haze i'd say a deep orange. (The pic doesn't do justice for the apperance, bad lighting.)

The flavour is nothing but hops! :icon_drool2: Its backed up with a malty body and finishes with a grassy/piney fruit salad hop flavour and some bready munich on the finish. There is a slight lingering crystal sweetness as well. not something that realy jumps out at you, it seems the hops mask all of that! Either way, you guys will enjoy it if you love C hops and uber dry hopping!

Beers! :icon_cheers:

xmasswapipa.jpg

I didn't have the time/motivation to join this swap, but I might drop by for a couple of beers on swap day (if I'm not forgetting any prior commitments).

If so, I will bring along a randall packed with some cascade flowers if you don't have one already?

Bottled my Australian "Plain Jane" Lager tonight, so should be all carbed up and ready for the case swap.

Tasted bloody nice out of the fermenter...luckily I'm going to do another batch over the weekend, otherwise I would be tempted to keep it for myself :beer:

Latest posts

Back