Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good boys. I wont be attending :( and have updated wiki.

Q has offered to bring my contribution. Cheers mate.

Will post recipe when i get my shit together.

Enjoy pong if it eventuates :icon_vomit:

im happy to contribute 150gms of green bullet if required also not fussed if i take any wort home or not :beerbang:

im happy to contribute 150gms of green bullet if required also not fussed if i take any wort home or not :beerbang:
Nice one!
A Green Bullet SMASH is looking a likely contender - although it's very hard to overlook all the other hops being offered-up :wub:
If we go the Green bullet, I'd be keen on a 10Ltr cube of this, as I've not tried it yet.

I would be keen to do a DrSGA for all that wants it (great Beer) and a green bullet smash for myself

I can pick up some more green bullet hops from G&G during the bulk buy if needed

Reckon we just need to know from those attending if and what they want?

PS. sorry for any thing spelling wise its my days offf so im a bit under the APA influence

Kleiny

I would be keen to do a DrSGA for all that wants it (great Beer) and a green bullet smash for myself

I can pick up some more green bullet hops from G&G during the bulk buy if needed

Reckon we just need to know from those attending if and what they want?

PS. sorry for any thing spelling wise its my days offf so im a bit under the APA influence

Kleiny
Cheers Kleiny,

I think we should probably be right for Green bullet, given that it's about 13%aa, and well have ~230gm of the stuff from Troy and myself.
Enjoy the APA (me, I'm heading home for a bit of Ringwood action :icon_drool2: )

well im into damage control with my brew. had a look/taste last night.... still a massic kraussen on top after 2 weeks. its not a high grav beer so it shouldnt be there. had a taste. nup not infected, however it is a bit bland. its definitely not what its meant to taste like. it should be richer. I racked my head to think of what i could have stuffed up. I checked:
- volume. no thats fine.
- ingredients. no my recipe says i added the right amount of fermentables
- infection - no it tastes fine.

so im at a loss. i'll see if i can tweak it a little. dont worry i'll still bottle for the swap but im faily sure its not my best work for some reason. Sorry. oh and im doubly annoyed as i made a double batch. so im still going to have a keg of the stuff to drink. Lets hope i can rectify the problem.

Gents , as much as i really dont wanna have to do this , im going to need to pull out of this swap , i havent brewed the beer for it yet and am pushin for time to get it brewed and bottled in time for the swap so i think its better i pull out now and hopefully someone can jump in to fill the spot , hoping to still get along to the day but sadly wont be a swapper ..

bring on the xmas in xmas swap .. ill be better organised by then ..

Gents , as much as i really dont wanna have to do this , im going to need to pull out of this swap , i havent brewed the beer for it yet and am pushin for time to get it brewed and bottled in time for the swap so i think its better i pull out now and hopefully someone can jump in to fill the spot , hoping to still get along to the day but sadly wont be a swapper ..

bring on the xmas in xmas swap .. ill be better organised by then ..

sorry barramundi, but i have to say I'm relieved... I lost 2 L of my beer when racking to secondary and I'm worried I wont get 28 bottles out of it now (bottling this weekend, so I'll soon find out).

Well i'll be racking mine to a keg after CC'ing. Then force carbing and bottling. The remainder 3L from the fermenter will be hand bottled and naturally carbonated. So whoever is lucky enough will get the (hopefully) bright AIPA, whoever is unlucky will get the remainder that are naturally carbed and or (even luckier) some odds from my other kegs.

It will be some of anything as noted in my signature. I might even throw in a Berliner Weisse for shits and giggles. (i will ntoe on the bottle as to what it is if you miss out on the AIPA.) BTW the AIPA tastes great!

anyone got any ideas about my brews issues?

A bit of hop flavour -
1. 100gm LDME per 1L water, ng hop of your choice, boil however long depending on what you want from it. IBU calculations are for full batch size.
2. Rack beer onto cooled nL.
3. Let ferment a bit further. 3 days should see you right.
4. Bottle
5. Hand out at swap day, smiling. Worry/Stress levels : Low.
6. Receive kudos.

Not sure what else you'd do to liven up a beer. What's it lacking? Will hops be enough?

Edit : Just read "not rich enough". Do the above but also steep ng of some crystal malt and add to boil. You don't have to have hops in that boil.

your a champ mate. relieved my stress. nah its not the hop issue. i recon thats fine. its meant to be a really mouthful malty beer and its lacks body and maltyness.

i thought about just adding some body and malt extract to compensate. ill blow my 4%alc target but thats better than a beer im not happy with. as i said its an ok beer just not what i was hoping. mind you ive never made a 4% beer.

i might try ans siphone some off and bring it tomorrow to grain BB.

edit: just read your edit. funny tag team edits ive decided the issue is hat its not dunkly enough. hows that for bullshit non descript wording. yes. yes im drinking. no more posts for me lets i join PP in exile.

anyone got any ideas about my brews issues?

RDWHAHB!

:)

Must be something about this brew-up. I had mine turn out blander than bland.

I did a mini steep (about 2 lt) with some more spec grains, added a bit o LDME (maybe 100g), and boiled up some more Fuggles for 15 mins, chucked that in the fermenter and gave it another 2 days before bottling.

It's still not as good as the last Mild I brewed, and has the colour of a porter (!), but it tastes OK, and I'm not ashamed to be passing it out with my name on it.

I've had your homebrew before, mate, I'm sure it'll taste great no matter what you think.

my post on homebrewers in Oz was getting near a PP post ;P

maybe i should post up my masters paper on 'more guns = less crime'... im sure that would get more heat than a PP post

by the way. I love PPs posts

It's still not as good as the last Mild I brewed, and has the colour of a porter (!),

Dont worry about that, my mild that got 3rd for the british ale comp was on the 'upper end' of the mild scale with colour. The only 'negative' commtents i had was about the colour. My colour was calc'd to 20SRM and the style notes a max of 25SRM. IMO they where thrown off by the colour as being too dark. thats the major place i lost points. (whcih i shouldnt have as its within style). Either way its marginal with a megative colour perception. aslong as it tastes great you are on the money!

CM2. Let your beer go. its probably because its still 'green' you are thrown back by it. Im sure it will be tasting great once bottled, crabed and chilled post swap day mate!

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

Sorry if this has been mentioned - I did read through the first 10 pages and now my eyes hurt.

A couple of brewers I've met recently asked me if I was attending - my assumption was that if I wasn't swapping then I wouldn't be welcome but I've been assured you don't have to swap.

Is this the case? I'm not familiar with these events and I'm not 100% certain I'll attend anyway (work etc) but would be happy to come along for an hour or so, bring a few bottles of brew just for general consumption and chuck in some bbq money ifnonswap attendance is usual and if I'm able to go.

Also aware that numbers (above the total swappers) in someone's house might be a bit much. Happy either way.

Cheers

Hi Manticle,

If you visit the Wiki page you'll see there is space down the bottom for non-swappers who'll be attending. Just put your name down and away you go...

sap.

Back