Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good info there Q, i only used about 1/3 of the cake though, saved the rest for future brews :) hopefully the notto doesn't strip too much off it. i've found it to be a great yeast overall, i think i like it even more than US05, i keep it down around 15-16 degrees and it ferments out super clean. raise to 20 deg for the final 3 days of ferment - great attenuation. can't wait to try the DSGA - it's dropped 10 points in the last 18 hours so the notto is destroying it!

Rule of thumb if you cant get to mrmalty to get an EXACT measurement:

Ale - 1.050 OG at 23L = 1/4 cup of slurry. For a fruitier English, drop this to 1/6 or 1/8 of a cup to get some esters going by stressing the yeast
Lager - 1.050 at 23L = 1/2 cup of slurry.

Cheers!

hmmm, came home tonight and the US05 is climbing out of the fermenter...never had this before! The SMASH tasted nice when I drank the OG sample, the yeasties must also like it ;)

Hey 4*, can you sit down and compile all your little hints into a few pages/book...I reckon it would be good reading!

Just pitched the yeast on the Green Bullet SMASH this morning (US-05). Will report on it in a few weeks.

Hydrometer sample was very bitter, but still tasted good. Looked to be 1.050 or 1.051 - Good job, brewmasters.

Hey 4*, can you sit down and compile all your little hints into a few pages/book...I reckon it would be good reading!

Ha!
Only if you pay me! Alot of these little tips/tricks are things ive picked up form listening to brewstrong over the past year. A swimming pool of knowledge that show is.

Somone else asked me todo a wiki on something once.. i think it was on water modification but declined as im quite new to it. Maybe i can add some of my info to CM2s little wiki he has going on.

Edit: maybe ill add something on cleaning and sanitation too! :p

Latest posts

Back