Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...No, but did take my no-chill cube that was filled using a PVC hose :ph34r:

Things that have been left:
1 x pluto gun (Fents or Kleiny I think)
1 x reg + sodastream setup (Barra?)
It looks like there are still 2 case swaps to be picked up (I think). Was this fourstar and warmbeer? (Or is there an extra one as a few people had 27 bottles). Just PM or ring me to organise a time.

Yeah mate, ive got to come and collect my swap beers, mine are the 2 coopers boxes. Are you home tonight? My body/head was too sore to even get off the couch yesterday. Ive also got my keg/bronco setup still in your fridge to grab too.

Cheers for the kicka$$ day! :icon_cheers:

Yeah, there was also a bit of hose lying in the back yard. That yours Leigh?

Yeah mate, ive got to come and collect my swap beers, mine are the 2 coopers boxes. Are you home tonight? My body/head was too sore to even get off the couch yesterday. Ive also got my keg/bronco setup still in your fridge to grab too.

Cheers for the kicka$ day! :icon_cheers:

I'm hoping there are 3 swaps in the back! Warmbeer is picking up 2 lots, and his wort, and your;ve got 1 too. I'll check tonight. Yeah, I'll be home tonight, just give me an SMS to tell me when you'll arrive.

Nah, not mine...just another one of the "had to be there" running jokes that got worse as the night progressed LOL

There were just as many PET casualties as glass :ph34r:

although at least one of the PET's was able to be decanted ;)

It was decanted, but didn't fill the bottle, so I drank it. So no-one has to worry. And I think it was the only PET that was harmed during the filming... Would have been OK if there was a tiny little bit of tape on the bottom. :p

I'm hoping there are 3 swaps in the back! Warmbeer is picking up 2 lots, and his wort, and your;ve got 1 too. I'll check tonight. Yeah, I'll be home tonight, just give me an SMS to tell me when you'll arrive.

Yeah it should be correct. Mine where the 1st ones to go into the shed sitting behind the grey milk crates. The way crappy hoddle st is, i wont be leaving my place beofre 7 as i wont get out of my stree for 1/2 hour otherwise, i'll give you a tingle as im leaving. Oh, if you/housemates are feeling thirsty tonight, feel free to demolish whats left in that keg of mine if there is anything! I need to pop an AAA into it ;)

Cheers!

Yeah it should be correct. Mine where the 1st ones to go into the shed sitting behind the grey milk crates. The way crappy hoddle st is, i wont be leaving my place beofre 7 as i wont get out of my stree for 1/2 hour otherwise, i'll give you a tingle as im leaving. Oh, if you/housemates are feeling thirsty tonight, feel free to demolish whats left in that keg of mine if there is anything! I need to pop an AAA into it ;)

Cheers!

I went to grab a beer just after you left, and it popped, so it's ready to go...

Hi lads,
Thought I'd put in a note that our beer (#25) needs a little conditioning in the bottle still. It's been in the shed at pretty low temps for a couple of weeks, so I think a few weeks indoors where it's a little warmer would be wise. We had a test of a bottle yesterday and it was a little light on for carbonation still.

I'm looking forward to tasting the rest of them! Might be a good idea for everyone to put their recipes up in the recipe DB for easy linkage when the queries start rolling in.

whoops! i should have known about that thread i suppose :)

though i have to say it does seem a bit odd that we wouldn't use the recipedb for recipes. are there problems with it?

Some have Benny, others have posted in that thread...

Will update the wiki, had one of my swap brews last night (#11) and she's flat as a tack!

Hey Fents, I'm thinking that it was benny that grabbed your case swap. My fault. I should have remembered that the wooden box was yours! But you both still got a full case swap. I wasn't really up for doing any remembering or thinking on Sunday!

Hey Fents, I'm thinking that it was benny that grabbed your case swap. My fault. I should have remembered that the wooden box was yours! But you both still got a full case swap. I wasn't really up for doing any remembering or thinking on Sunday!

Fents, PM me for your wooden box back. sorry, didn't know it wasn't ours as i didn't drop the beers off!

Fents, PM me for your wooden box back. sorry, didn't know it wasn't ours as i didn't drop the beers off!

All good benny, it was my fault. I should have taken more notice the night before (and Fents said that the bottles at the front of the car were his (I forgot)) :chug:

does the hose thats there have a stainless fitting in one end , if so its my kettle to cube hose ..

Yep, that's be it.

Here are the crappy pics I took on the day:

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg
IMG_0074.jpg
IMG_0073.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg
IMG_0070.jpg
IMG_0069.jpg
IMG_0067.jpg
IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0065.jpg

no worries ,mate will sort something out to pick it up sometime , im in no urgent hurry for it , ive got a tee piece for your keg fridge gas lines too that i forgot to leave behind...

whoops! i should have known about that thread i suppose :)

though i have to say it does seem a bit odd that we wouldn't use the recipedb for recipes. are there problems with it?

I think it's fairly common for most extract and AG brewers to use one of the well known software apps (Beersmith, ProMash, etc.) to concoct recipes, and it is a lot simpler copying recipe text directly into an appropriate thread than to the recipeDB.

I personally find the recipeDB a great resource when looking for inspiration from other's successful recipes, though I don't necessarily think it is the best way to communicate the specific details of your case-swap, as it is somewhat limited, and innacurate in its calcs.
That's my $0.02...

Latest posts

Back