Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There could've been some OH&S issues

Image024.jpg

But the safety officer was too busy playing with kerosene and Fents' spit, so the potential for disaster went unnoticed.

Here's how Narra gets the coals hot:

Image023.jpg

A huge thanks to all involved for a great day, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Especially Dom for sacrificing his home to us
Fents for a belated but good feed (start the fire a bit earlier next time, huh?)
Hutch and Kleiny for excellent brewmastership (I'm making up words now) and the various helpers - but whoever was watching for boilovers maybe shouldn't put the resume in storage just yet.

Oooor, my head hurts...
Top hosting effort Dingo - love your backyard/bar.
Awesome spit Fensty - you've set the bar pretty high mate.
Kleiny - top job - think we need to crack the whip on boilover-watch next time!
Barra - you've definitely got sanitation issues there... :p

...and good luck to those who took home a cube - keep us posted how they turn out.
Hutch

Top effort by the host and everyone else involved for getting this off the ground...

Will there be some kind of tasting thread or wiki where we can post comments about the beers in the swap?

sap.

Top effort by the host and everyone else involved for getting this off the ground...

Will there be some kind of tasting thread or wiki where we can post comments about the beers in the swap?

sap.

There is usually a tasting thread, usually the first person to post a review makes one and links to it from the wiki.

Awesome day guys. A really pro job by all.

Great to see some old faces and heaps of new swap attendees, great to see.

Man my taste buds were sooo shot by the end of the night, lots of big beers.

Q

top work guys... I had a great arvo!!

Thanks BeerDingo for offerring up the venue mate... very brave :super:

Looking forward to going through the beers and getting some chilling... and more importantly cracking them!!!

Looking forward to the xmas one later in the year.

Brendo

PS... mine #5 is good to go whenever you want to give it a crack.

Thanks to the host Dom and Fents the master organiser

Good feed in the end (although i did think pizza was on the cards before the spit got rollin)

Good work Hutch on the brewday i still cant find any of those worker bee's who were spose to be on boil over watch.

To the guys who stayed shame u blokes didn't drag your arses out of bed to see me off, but im all cleaned up and home now.

Barra u better get working on an improvement in your sanitation for the next swap.

Im thinking everybody must have liked my beer a came home with a keg without a drop left.

Dont reckon i will need or be able to taste another beer for a few days. :icon_drunk:

Looking forward to the next event
Kleiny

:chug: + :chug: = :icon_vomit:

I say no more gentlemen! Did some one try and feed me the rotisserie pork via my pants? The arse laden in grease and what appears to be mustard!?! WTF!?

Either way, the hangover is slowly lifting. Thanks for the awesome beers guys. On a side note,who gave me some awesome dry stout early on in the night?!? whoever it was i need to get that recipe from ya... balance was fantastic!

Rook, the recipe for the helles is here mate:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=447450

Cheers guys, awesome food Fents! Dingo, ill give you a call during the week to pickup my keg+swap beers.

BTW, mine is ready to drink asap.. number #15 AIPA.

Cheers!

funnily enough i didn't really have an appreciable hangover this morning - gotta love homebrew :)

good work on the organising dingo, although your kitchen looked like a bomb had hit it by the time we left, hope the housemates aren't too annoyed!

Hutch and Kleiny for excellent brewmastership (I'm making up words now) and the various helpers - but whoever was watching for boilovers maybe shouldn't put the resume in storage just yet.

Kleiny - top job - think we need to crack the whip on boilover-watch next time!

Good work Hutch on the brewday i still cant find any of those worker bee's who were spose to be on boil over watch.

In my defence, the boil-over watch was a complete and utter success.

It was the backup boil-over watch that failed every time I went to get a new beer. Man is not a camel, ya know.

BeerDingo, and housemates, thanks for letting a bunch of pissheads take over your backyard for the arvo.

Kleiny, Hutch, thanks for the instant edumacation in AG'ing.

Barra, thanks for NOT putting burning hot coals down my back. BTW, I think your sanitation regime needs some work.

Fent's, thanks for the slabs o meat.

Rook, Barra, Fourskinstar, Fourstar's+1, thanks for the rolling comedy side show.

Liver, thanks for not failing me, yet.

Warmbeer

PS. #20 is ready for drinking now. Let it come up a couple of degrees, I like warm beer ;)

such a great day. biggups everyone for coming, it wouldnt be a swap without teh swappers.

also large thanks to mick from kooinda for rocking up and bringing a slab for everyone, they sure didnt last long, hope everyone that was there got a sampler. micks a machine dont think we finished up till about 4-5am.

rook and troy in fine form but i heard a crack of a whip, turned round and they were both gone early. case swap vets.

good work kleiny and hutchy on the brewing (and kleiny on the cleaning this morning)..

bring on the xmas swap.

Please reveal details of this sanitiation issue.

Looks like I missed a cracker but will be a candidate for Christmas.

Hey fents I still owe you $10 for the meat, pm me your details and i'll transfer you some dosh.
Thanks again for an awesome feed.
I reckon we need more crackling next time. Crackling + brewers means above average crackling per person is needed :)

Q

I reckon we need more crackling next time. Crackling + brewers means above average crackling per person is needed :)

and I copped a pasting over 'stealing all the cracking'! My hands look suburnt today from trying to crisp it up over those red hot coals! As soon as i popped it on that plate, it was like seagulls to fish and chips!

Please reveal details of this sanitiation issue.

Looks like I missed a cracker but will be a candidate for Christmas.

dont be alarmed manticle the sanitation isnt relevant to any of theswap beers , bit of a joke that grew out of a comment made by forestar/play/skin earlier in the evenin ...

cheers Dom for being a top host , also to doms house mates thanks for givin up your house for the occasion , fentsy good work with the meat but i gotta concur with wardy perhaps next time we need to get those coals rockin a bit earlier even if it means sacrifices in other areas.... ;)

hutchy and klieny well done on running two quite sizable brews during the day , hope all the guys that ended up witha cube follow up and make a nice beer from them .

mick from kooinda , top bloke , top beers , buy some fellas support the little bloke giving it a crack in the big league !

anyone else involved i the whole thing well done and ill look forward to the next one which i will be a heavily sanitised swap participant ...

ps , warmbeer, dunno bout you but that hot coal thing scared shit outta me , thank god they didnt end up down the back of your shirt ... could have ended in disaster ...

Back