Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
somebody gave me a VB stubbie half full of yeast slurry - i think it was rook? bit hazy that memory..... anyway i can't remember what it is, i think it was 1068 or something? i need to know what it is so i can read up on it! anybody remember?

hmmm wonder what may have caused the hazy memory ,

neill were we at one stage chatting about kayaks and you having one for sale ? if so can ya PM me to keep things here on topic cheers

somebody gave me a VB stubbie half full of yeast slurry - i think it was rook? bit hazy that memory..... anyway i can't remember what it is, i think it was 1068 or something? i need to know what it is so i can read up on it! anybody remember?

1469. I got one too.

pm sent barra.

cheers wardy - i knew it was something like that. what sort of beer should i make with it?

Top swap guys ...

Thanks to Dom for hosting, and all for participating

Good to meet some more fellow AHBers in person.

Only regrets where that I could not stick around too long .. and had to drive .. both will be rectified for next swap :icon_cheers:

Top afternoon guys & some great beers offered around.

Good to see some old familiar faces & plenty of new ones too.

Thanks to Dom for hosting, & Fents & others for organising.

Note to self .... get arse into gear & actually brew for the next swap....

See you all at Xmas.

Cheers,
Mark

Did you hear that whip also Fentsy.....LOL

By the time Nat came and got me i was in Never Never land singing Thriller.....

What a great day.

What did i learn from the day

1. Dont let Fents try and organise a spit....No Fcuking idea, but he did get there in the end, blamed the meat being on to late due to the missus wanting a session in the morning
2. Barra's farts haven't improved
3. As much as i wanted to bag Fourstars beers the boy knows how to brew. Best Munich Helles i have ever tasted and i think Mortz will support me there
4. DO NOT under any circumstances drink Chris's Bock if you want to stay relatively sober.

Dingo, thanks for making your place available, and top effort by the beer makers ( Hutchy and Kleiny ) they showed how easy it is to make beer.

Thanks Barra for the Hop Rhizones, Hutch for the 1187 slant and Mick for the Kooinda Glass

Bring on the xmas case swap at Kleiny's

Rook

P.S

Fourstar, I'll find something else about you to pick on :icon_chickcheers:

It was great to catch up with the old grey ghost mark_m, i didn't feel out of place with my greying hair

1469 mate, make something English with it....

I don't even remember giving it to you.....where you the bloke with the short hair and glasses?

Rook

Anudder great swap with a great crew of people.

Big thanks to:

- Dom (and housemates) for lending us their place.
- Fents for his organisation and spit roasts.
- The two brewmeisters Hutchy and Kleiny (I'll report on the SMASH once fermented).
- Neill for bringing the malt for me.
- Mick for bringing some Kooinda Pale and some great advice.
- All who brought beers for consumption...some great beers, and those that were less than great, we all learnt where not to go wrong (like sanitation :p )

Learnings from the night:

- Do not use fruit boxes for case swap beers (hope the shed cleaned up alright Dom).
- Do not stoke the fire while somebody else is moving hot coals by hand (that was too close!)
- Stir, stir, stir and you avoid a boil over (the brew I looked after didn't boil over :p probably more by Hutches instructions)
- When sparging, make sure you have fluid in the mash-tun ;)
- PBW is your best friend
- Fents cooks a bloody mean spit
- iPhone (nuff said)

Bloody great arvo/night...haven't laughed that hard for quite a while!

So when's the next one? I believe Kleiny put his hand up to host.

P.S
Fourstar, I'll find something else about you to pick on

Heh, i should have known it wouldnt be as easy as brewing decent beer to get some status around here. :rolleyes: Maybe i should drop my post rate a little as a starting point!

I wish i didnt have your Alt so late Rook, my palate was quite shot by then so distingushing complexity i had no chance but from what i could taste/remember... big thumbs up! Very balanced.

Cheers guys! Off to hibernate for the winter!

Hi All,

Thanks for the great day!

Thanks to:
-All for coming.
-The brewers! Well done! 200 litres was it? All before 6pm. Did anyone get a pic of me fixing the stuck mash?
-Those that came over in the morning and helped clean (was that you hutch that did the brew rigs?). Sorry for not getting up early enough. Kleiny, I shoulda shown you where the food was so you could've started on eggs and bacon...
-Fents for organising the meat and spit.

Things that have been left:
1 x pluto gun (Fents or Kleiny I think)
1 x reg + sodastream setup (Barra?)

It looks like there are still 2 case swaps to be picked up (I think). Was this fourstar and warmbeer? (Or is there an extra one as a few people had 27 bottles). Just PM or ring me to organise a time.

Sorry to Seemax, for dropping (or rather, having the ass fall out of your box), and losing a few of your swaps. So if anyone does not have #9 in the swap, it is my fault, but those ones should have a bottle of one of the extra's.

Also, I haven't yet looked very hard (well at all), but rook you mentioned that you had some AHB shirts. Do you know where they are, or did you give them to Fents or something?

Anyway, cheers all for comming and making it a great day!

Dingo

Hi All,

Thanks for the great day!

Thanks to:
-All for coming.
-The brewers! Well done! 200 litres was it? All before 6pm. Did anyone get a pic of me fixing the stuck mash?
-Those that came over in the morning and helped clean (was that you hutch that did the brew rigs?). Sorry for not getting up early enough. Kleiny, I shoulda shown you where the food was so you could've started on eggs and bacon...
-Fents for organising the meat and spit.

Things that have been left:
1 x pluto gun (Fents or Kleiny I think)
1 x reg + sodastream setup (Barra?)

It looks like there are still 2 case swaps to be picked up (I think). Was this fourstar and warmbeer? (Or is there an extra one as a few people had 27 bottles). Just PM or ring me to organise a time.

Sorry to Seemax, for dropping (or rather, having the ass fall out of your box), and losing a few of your swaps. So if anyone does not have #9 in the swap, it is my fault, but those ones should have a bottle of one of the extra's.

Also, I haven't yet looked very hard (well at all), but rook you mentioned that you had some AHB shirts. Do you know where they are, or did you give them to Fents or something?

Anyway, cheers all for comming and making it a great day!

Dingo

Dingo,

I gave the shirts to Fents and that reg and sodastream setup maybe Fents also, if he doesn't claim it by noon today it's mine :icon_cheers:

Rook

Dingo,

I gave the shirts to Fents and that reg and sodastream setup maybe Fents also, if he doesn't claim it by noon today it's mine :icon_cheers:

Rook

Ya better be quick Fents! Did you leave the shirts, or take them home? We can do a swap at cricket. My shirt for your brew rig. hmmm, actually, keep the shirt ;)

...*cough* ... PET... *cough*... :ph34r:

:p

I didn't get a pic Dom... but I was impressed with the "glad wrap" method... top work :rolleyes:

Brendo

I seen Dom with the rubber glove on and glad wrap around his arm, scared the hell out of me....
I thought he was about to do an A.I on Kleiny

Rook

There were just as many PET casualties as glass :ph34r:

although at least one of the PET's was able to be decanted ;)

Leigh,

Did you grab your PVC hose before you left?

Rook

yep the blue pluto gun and soda stream + regulator is mine.

shirts are in the green safeway type bag dom, also left that at your joint (should have a beer book in it as well thats mine). bring the mash tun and kettle plus that green bag to cricket thurs night pls mate.

i have cm2's and peels's swaps.

someone on sunday stole my swaps tho - 1 wooden box and a slades box as well. All is good i do have a swap but wouldnt mind those boxs back.

Back