Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you should stop by one year chappo...more "hazing" than you can poke a stick at, think everyone the last two years has been well and truly hazed out by the amount i smoke. Tom also makes an apperance every year trust me on that one.

As for sheep we leave that to NZers.

Fents my friend next year I'm in just for shytes and giggles...

But you guysreally need sheep, yeah!

pics_south-carolina-vice-agent.jpg

Love and kisses

Chappo

Ok

What beers are everybody going to bring?

I have a keg of Oatmeal Stout or a keg of Landlord Clone (Doc)

Thinking about bringing the landlord as im drinking the first keg of it now and it is pretty nice, however the stout is great too (any preference)

How much room for kegs at party central?

Kleiny

P.S. I can bring a sheep from the farm for chappo's sake if required (just dont be dirty with her because she's betroved to my cousin) :lol:

What's the polite thing to do (yes, I'm a case swap n00b)?

Do I bring enough to drink for myself on the day, then share the love once I get there?

Should I plan to bring "TOO MUCH BEER (tm)", knowing things will get messy?

Can't wait, 20 more sleeps to go!

Thinking about bringing the landlord as im drinking the first keg of it now and it is pretty nice, however the stout is great too (any preference)

Yeah, bring the Landlord for sure!
I'm thinking of bringing a minikeg of Ringwood Bitter.
Mmmmm Ringwood - sucking down a pint right now. I love this yeast! :beerbang:

kleiny +1 for the landlord, i've yet to try it and would love a tatste!

Warmbeer - bring whatever beer you like, too much is never enough, everyone just brings whatever and then everyone drinks whatever beer's are there, its def a sharing thing.

should be about enough room for 10 kegs, 2 in doms keg fridge and 8 in a old dead fridge he will have lying on its side filled with ice, of course as always if you bring a keg also bring something to dispense it....pluto gun, bronco tap, wahtever.

There is usually enough sodastream bottles brought on the day for gas (i have mine, dom has one and so does barra) and im sure plenty of others will bring gas as well just in case.

i'm bottling my swap today hopefully and brewing tommorow so i'll have a keg for the swap.

1 keg of Landlord it is then.

Hutch, pls bring the ringwood i have not had a chance to use this yeast yet but it gets great support from some on here.

Warmbeer, bring what you can there will be plenty of beer there and the more there is the better.

Not long now and i might catch up with a few at the bulkbuy pickup this saturday.

i've just cracked a "tester" of the english ale i've made and i'm pretty happy with it. still needs a few more weeks to carb up, but i was shooting for low carb to fit the style anyway. huge malty body with light background hops, this will age well. hope you guys like it, should be much better again in 3 weeks :)

Ok finally got my act together for the case swap ... lets see if 3 weeks is enough time get a brew down and packaged up.

Was going to be a Red Ale that became an American Brown Ale, that somehow got over consumed ... and now is going to be some sort of Red Weizen ( or a Dunkel Weizen/Marzen cross ).

Hey all,

Case swap is fast approaching. I just realized that I will need a crapload of glasses!

There are 27 swappers (not all coming) and their entourage...So might be helpful if people are gonna bring mates then to add a (+1) or something onto their attendance. Plus breakages. Probably need around 50 glasses...

I haven't worked in a pub for ages, so don't really have any hookups to just borrow the glasses. Does anyone else have a source that we can borrow/hire glasses from (with payment for broken ones of course)?

If no-one knows where we can borrow/hire them, do people know where to acquire cheap glasses? Might add the cost onto the spit contribution's.

cheers
dingo

PS.,
What's the word on brewing on the day? Should I get Fents 120L pot, and his mash tun?
Can we maybe put a section in the Wiki for brewing? Put equipement down and we then decide what to bring, just so we don't have overkill on kettles... But then again, we might be able to get a shiteload of beer made on the day.

Can we maybe put a section in the Wiki for brewing? Put equipement down and we then decide what to bring, just so we don't have overkill on kettles... But then again, we might be able to get a shiteload of beer made on the day.

Maybe the section needs equipment and ingredients so as we all contribute to the brew.

Doesn't have to be the same beer (just see what people want to bring / brew), but just needs a bit of organization.

Dingo I can get glasses from Eaglehawk party hire (family business) but we would have to pay for the broken ones (as i have not asked for them yet i dont know if they will charge me something). Maybe everybody bring some glasses.

Kleiny

What's the word on brewing on the day? Should I get Fents 120L pot, and his mash tun?

Glad you brought this back up - I was thinking the same.
A wiki page would be good to sort out who's got what (equipment), what beer(s) we'd like to create, and what ingredients/manpower we can contribute. Looking forward to this, though staying sober might be harder than I'd originally thought!

Hutch.

Maybe the section needs equipment and ingredients so as we all contribute to the brew.

Doesn't have to be the same beer (just see what people want to bring / brew), but just needs a bit of organization.

Dingo I can get glasses from Eaglehawk party hire (family business) but we would have to pay for the broken ones (as i have not asked for them yet i dont know if they will charge me something). Maybe everybody bring some glasses.

Kleiny

Hey Kleiny,

If you can get glasses, that would be great. We can just charge anyone who actually breaks a glass! If you need bucks up front, I can do that... I can pick up too if needed.

But, the BYO glass thing is always another option, or I could get some plastic cups... :ph34r: I've got a 1 litre Kaiserdom glass that I could use, but then again, a small glass would be better so I can sample all the beer on the day!

Dingo

i reckon we keep it simple with the brewing on the day - maybe just have kleinys setup going (he was going to bring it anyway i belive) and if he gets there early he can start knocking a brew up, then we can just go Back2Back (once the first is in the kettle start mashing again) brews on it if people are keen....

what you think kleiny?

im happy to bring my setup but the cars gonna be loaded if im bringing the spit as well.

Hey all,

Case swap is fast approaching. I just realized that I will need a crapload of glasses!

There are 27 swappers (not all coming) and their entourage...So might be helpful if people are gonna bring mates then to add a (+1) or something onto their attendance. Plus breakages. Probably need around 50 glasses...

I haven't worked in a pub for ages, so don't really have any hookups to just borrow the glasses. Does anyone else have a source that we can borrow/hire glasses from (with payment for broken ones of course)?

If no-one knows where we can borrow/hire them, do people know where to acquire cheap glasses? Might add the cost onto the spit contribution's.

cheers
dingo

PS.,

The chefs hat in south melbourne is selling beer glasses at 39 c each. I'm happy to buy 10 off you at the end of the case swap(i already have 8 which totalled a massive $3.12). I'm sure other people would buy them as well.

The chefs hat in south melbourne is selling beer glasses at 39 c each. I'm happy to buy 10 off you at the end of the case swap(i already have 8 which totalled a massive $3.12). I'm sure other people would buy them as well.

These are the same glasses i bought for the last case swap....great value

Rook

i reckon we keep it simple with the brewing on the day - maybe just have kleinys setup going (he was going to bring it anyway i belive) and if he gets there early he can start knocking a brew up, then we can just go Back2Back (once the first is in the kettle start mashing again) brews on it if people are keen....

what you think kleiny?

im happy to bring my setup but the cars gonna be loaded if im bringing the spit as well.

I will bring my system but maybe we need at least another mash tun and kettle its still gonna take time to brew and i can only squeeze around 40l out of my gear at a time. (you remember that fents ;) you were on official boil over watch)

The glasses from rooks were good and they seem really cheap above im sure my olds would charge us more if we broke some of theirs. at 39cents ea buy 30 and we can pay the money back who cares at around $10

...OK, There's now a Wiki Page for organising this :party:

Not sure if I've got all categories covered, so please add/modify as necessary so that we can get an idea of logistics, and plan for a fun/stress-free day.

Hutch.

Back