Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has everyone filled in wether they are attending or not? be good to get some numbers....under a month away now.

Hey all,

Number 7 and 28 have pulled out. Well it looks like it. So do we have any takers?

beerDingo

Hey all,

Number 7 and 28 have pulled out. Well it looks like it. So do we have any takers?

beerDingo
I'd have jumped at it, but unfortunately, mrs maple is out of town and I have sole custody of the assistant that week.

if everyones still brewed 28 bottles bring em all and we can give Rook and Maple a case to go home with too.

if everyones still brewed 28 bottles bring em all and we can give Rook and Maple a case to go home with too.

I'm bottling a brew this weekend, so i'll give you guys the privalidge off drinking my beers again, provided i get 28 bottles out of it

Rook

You a good man Fents, i don't agree what the others keep saying about you :icon_cheers:

Rook

I'm bottling a brew this weekend, so i'll give you guys the privalidge off drinking my beers again, provided i get 28 bottles out of it

Rook

i was gonna say shutup and just put ya name on the list but you already have ahahahahaha. :lol:

Sampled what little leftover Vienna lager there was last night. I think you blokes will like it.

It has a little astringency to it, and is too roasty for what I planned it to be - but only to a small degree, not enough to stop it being an enjoyable beer.
Bring on the day!

I'll also bring along some IPA loaded to the gills with Galaxy and Cascade. This was the other beer that could've made it in to the swap, but I liked it too much to give all of it away to you blokes.
I've never enjoyed having my face implode so much. :icon_drool2:

^^ you on cooking duties again mate? hahahahahahahaha

I'll also bring along some IPA loaded to the gills with Galaxy and Cascade. This was the other beer that could've made it in to the swap, but I liked it too much to give all of it away to you blokes.
I've never enjoyed having my face implode so much. :icon_drool2:
Sounds awesome Wardy. Would love to try your IPA - Galaxy sure is potent stuff.
I'm still trying to decide what to bring for consumption on the day, though I don't think we'll be short of choice either way.

Does anyone think we should combine the swap with a brew day?
I've got a surplus of different hops that I could donate to a worthy cause.

Hutch.

we could. ive got an extra mash tun not currently hooked up that i could donate for the day if we need it.

we could. ive got an extra mash tun not currently hooked up that i could donate for the day if we need it.
All my stuff is portable, so could bring along any of...
* 40Ltr Urn (3kW)
* 30Ltr Urn (2.4kW)
* March Pump
* 36Ltr KeepCold Mash tun

ive also got a 50L HLT running a 3Kw element if someone has 3phase power to run it.

kleiny brought his system last time and knocked one out...a brew that is. im already bringing the spit but i spose if there was heaps of intrest i could squeeze in the 120L mashtun and 120L kettle.

edit - im not driving the brew tho...im happy basting, drinking and smoking by the spit.

i could bring my burner and a 50 litre kettle even the mash tun and hlt if required , prehaps someone should canvas this plan to dingo ..

I don't have much in the way of AG equipment, but...if I bring my cube, can I take it home filled with fresh wort that somebody else made? :p

I don't have much in the way of AG equipment, but...if I bring my cube, can I take it home filled with fresh wort that somebody else made? :p

Maybe some of the non-AG brewers could be involved, and take home a cube to do with as they please....BYO cubes...
(might need a limit on numbers, as we can only make as much wort as we have gas kettle capacity).

I'm more than happy if people want to brew. I'll help, but don't want to drive.

I've got a 70 litre Mash tun (Techni Ice Esky).
1 50 litre keggle (got another 2 that I need to convert, hopefully they will be ready, but may not be).
1 Rambo burner, which the keggle fits perfectly on.

Back