Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up for starting at similar times to other swaps. So official kick off will be 1pm. Fents is coming early to start the spit roast, so I spose people can rock up from around 11ish onwards... Fents, what time do you reckon the spit will be done?

mine's getting bottled on the weekend, it's in secondary now. tasting good, i went the safe route with this one so it's not massively hopped, some of you hop addicts might turn your nose up at this one but i reckon it'll be good!

well my recipe is up. i'll make this bad boy in the next day or so.

Also remember to update your details in the wiki

i got my case swap brew out the way today dortmunder delight done & dusted :icon_cheers:

Amount Item Type % or IBU
8.00 kg Pilsner, Malt Craft Export (Joe White) (1.6 SRM) Grain 65.84 %
4.00 kg Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 32.92 %
0.15 kg Melanoiden Malt (20.0 SRM) Grain 1.23 %
70.00 gm Hallertauer Aroma [7.00 %] (60 min) Hops 22.7 IBU
70.00 gm Hallertauer Aroma [7.00 %] (5 min) Hops 4.5 IBU
1 Pkgs Bohemian Lager (Wyeast Labs #2124) [Starter 125 ml] Yeast-Lager

should be a banger my last one was great & ive stepped it up a notch with liquid yeast

My Cal Common is now 8 days in primary, and still chewing away slowly.
Down to about 1.018 from 1.052 - Taking its bloody time. I mashed low, and was hoping for a dry-ish finish.

Anyway, should be bottled and carbed in time for swap-day :party:

Arrrrgggggghhhh, my Mild has turned out to be very, very "Mild" :(

I'm trying to take some desperate measures to bring it up to scratch - See here

I wasn't even trying a new recipe, this is a tried-and-trusted beer I'm loving at the moment.

The message I'm taking out of all this is "Drink. Brew. Idiot"

haha yeah it's funny how you can make ten million batches without problems, but as soon as you need one for a case swap it all goes to shit. mine's attenuating really slowly too, down to 1015 from 1048, i think it's almost done. will gelatine this one tomorrow and bottle on the weekend. gunna be a big malty body on this, hope it tastes okay!

My Cal Common is now 8 days in primary, and still chewing away slowly.
Down to about 1.018 from 1.052 - Taking its bloody time. I mashed low, and was hoping for a dry-ish finish.

Anyway, should be bottled and carbed in time for swap-day :party:

Had to bottle this a little early (FG 1.014) - my primary sprung a slow leak one night, though I only lost about 1/2 Ltr before I discovered it. Bloody crappy cheap plastic taps.
Still managed 30 PET Bottles out of it, so I'm all set to go - Should be ready to drink @ end of June.

If all things goto plan, my AIPA will be hitting the slurry of my cream ale, this weekend at the latest. The cream ale is moving slowly from recent cold weather on the weekend Its @ 1.020, shooting for 1.012. Its been in primary for 5 days now, activity for the past 3 (krausen). I just hope it attenuates well. If it doesnt, i might look at reverting to some dry US-05. :ph34r:

Maybe i should top-crop while i can! The krausen is around 5-6 inches thick!

same my apa has been in primary for 1 week now and has only dropped from 1.052 to 1.038. going like a snail.

My bright ale hit the bottles on Sunday... I had forgotten how much I hate bottling since I got into kegs <_<

Brendo

same my apa has been in primary for 1 week now and has only dropped from 1.052 to 1.038. going like a snail.
1056 must be struggling to munch through all that Chinook resin. Mouth-puckering goodness!

I hope my Bock is traveling well as im in phuket and wont get back to it until next week (Singha until then)

I hope my Bock is traveling well as im in phuket and wont get back to it until next week (Singha until then)

Thats a shame! <_<

Singha + Phuket Beach * 35 deg day @ 70% humidity = :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

My Cream ale is down to 1.015 today... i'll give it till Saturday and rack her for the AIPA! im going paintball saturday morning, i just hope my body is capable of doing anything that afternoon.

hey mate can you bring me back a bar mat from the "Aussie" pub over there? cheers ;)

hey mate can you bring me back a bar mat from the "Aussie" pub over there? cheers ;)

I'm sure he can get you some potato chips mate if he can't get the bar mat :lol:

Rook

i got my case swap brew out the way today dortmunder delight done & dusted :icon_cheers:

Amount Item Type % or IBU
8.00 kg Pilsner, Malt Craft Export (Joe White) (1.6 SRM) Grain 65.84 %
4.00 kg Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 32.92 %
0.15 kg Melanoiden Malt (20.0 SRM) Grain 1.23 %
70.00 gm Hallertauer Aroma [7.00 %] (60 min) Hops 22.7 IBU
70.00 gm Hallertauer Aroma [7.00 %] (5 min) Hops 4.5 IBU
1 Pkgs Bohemian Lager (Wyeast Labs #2124) [Starter 125 ml] Yeast-Lager

should be a banger my last one was great & ive stepped it up a notch with liquid yeast

Why don't ya put it in the recipe thread? :unsure:

Back