Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally got my porter pitched last monday with a good few cups of yeast slurry from the scottish ale I brewed before it. it took off in about 2 hours and held a thick black krausen on the top for the better part of a week. took my first hyrdo reading tonight and it's a little higher than planned (about 1.018), but I didnt bother to measure my efficiency, nor did I dilute to my original planned volume so it's probably explained by that. tastes pretty good if I do say so myself. If I hadnt done a double batch I'd be seriously considering pulling out of the swap to keep it all to myself :p

11 days to chill, filter, force carb and bottle... I hate bottling :(

I was wondering how long it would be before somone piped up about how close we are.

SWMBOd had a taste test of the force carbed Gelatin fined AIPA tonight. When i poured some... man it was fresh!! awesome citrus, melon, spicy/resiny hop aroma! I want to keep this all to myself. Slighty overcarbed, perfect for the transfer to bottles IMO. shoud lose just the right amount of CO2 once it gets a lid on her.

Dingo, when are you releasing your address so i can bottle and bring aroudn my beer and keg to consume @ the swap!

The idea was to bring along a keg of cream ale. i do however have a (almost) full keg of CAP, sweet stout and Munich Dunkel as well. I also have a 1/2 keg approx of Helles and Dry Stout. Let me know guys what you would like to help me polish off on the day. Just so i can transfer to an empty keg to ensure we drink crystal clear beer on the day!

Cheers!

The idea was to bring along a keg of cream ale. i do however have a (almost) full keg of CAP, sweet stout and Munich Dunkel as well. I also have a 1/2 keg approx of Helles and Dry Stout. Let me know guys what you would like to help me polish off on the day. Just so i can transfer to an empty keg to ensure we drink crystal clear beer on the day!

Cheers!
4*, I'd put my hand up for either the cream Ale, or the CAP - neither of which I've made/tried before.
I reckon there's gonna be more beer brought for consumption than brought to swap!

just tasted the dortmunder & i think everyone will be pleased slightly underhopped IMO but nice malty flavor with just enough halletau

BRING ON THE SWAP :chug:

Ten days and counting....................

Dingo - best you PM everyone with your address soon mate.

12KG's of meat sound ok for the spit boys? 6KG pork - 6KG lamb?

I was wondering how long it would be before somone piped up about how close we are.

SWMBOd had a taste test of the force carbed Gelatin fined AIPA tonight. When i poured some... man it was fresh!! awesome citrus, melon, spicy/resiny hop aroma! I want to keep this all to myself. Slighty overcarbed, perfect for the transfer to bottles IMO. shoud lose just the right amount of CO2 once it gets a lid on her.

Dingo, when are you releasing your address so i can bottle and bring aroudn my beer and keg to consume @ the swap!

Cheers!

I wouldn't mind trying your helles

Rook

Bring 'em all 4star :p

Rook, you bringing some 1469 tasters?

Hutch,

I was extremely dissapointed in the 1469 in my Bitter, i think i'll go back to 1318, but i will bring one for you to try.
I used it in a mild which on the other hand is bloody fantastic so i will bring you one of them also.....my case swap stout also used the 1469

Rook

Hutch,

I was extremely dissapointed in the 1469 in my Bitter, i think i'll go back to 1318, but i will bring one for you to try.
I used it in a mild which on the other hand is bloody fantastic so i will bring you one of them also.....my case swap stout also used the 1469

Rook

Not risking a flaming here but I've found 1469 to not be all I've expected in a paler beer also. Yet beers with some darker malt character are really lovely.

Rook, perhaps it was your water chemistry? B)

Warren -

Not risking a flaming here but I've found 1469 to not be all I've expected in a paler beer also. Yet beers with some darker malt character are really lovely.

Warren -

We wont go there Wazza :p

Warren -
I have made very nice beer with 1469, and I keep intending to give it another crack this winter, but just can't get enough of the 1187 Ringwood. Thanks Warren + others for getting me onto this stuff!

Hutch.

but just can't get enough of the 1187 Ringwood. Thanks Warren + others for getting me onto this stuff!

Hutch.

Hutch, Ringwood is what West Yorkshire wants to be when it grows up. :D

Warren -

anyone got any 1187 slurry they care to share? It might be what my english ales are missing

Guys,

Is the idea of nametags for the day too stupid to consider?

I don't know about you, by my memory is like a sieve, even when sober. Add in copious amounts of beer, and I'm likely to get my "Kleinys" confused with my "Fents", let alone remembering what peoples real names are.

Or, do we just go down the usual route, and call everybody "maaate"?

Guys,

Is the idea of nametags for the day too stupid to consider?

I don't know about you, by my memory is like a sieve, even when sober. Add in copious amounts of beer, and I'm likely to get my "Kleinys" confused with my "Fents", let alone remembering what peoples real names are.

Or, do we just go down the usual route, and call everybody "maaate"?

You will recognise Kleiny he will be the one with potato chips and Fents will have a joint in his mouth while rolling a fresh one and drinking a beer all at the same time

Rook

anyone got any 1187 slurry they care to share? It might be what my english ales are missing
No worries CM2. I can either bring a 1st gen slant, or a stubbie of 3rd Gen slurry (or both!). Let me know your preference.

Hutch.

Latest posts

Back