Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my little helper and I have finished the ultra-sophisticated labelling of the Vienna Lager, so consider me ready, waiting and keen for next Saturday.

I can't remember reading it in the thread, what number of $ are an appropriate contribution towards the food?

yep i reckon 26.

1. Peels - Black Beer - Not attending
2. Fents - Bitsa Pale Ale - Attending
3. Beerdingo - Dunkelweizen- Attending
4. Hairofthedog - Dortmunder export - Attending
5. Brendo - LCBA clone - attending, but probably only for the arvo sad.gif
6. sappas - Better Red Than Dead Irish Ale - Attending, but only for an hour or two in the afternoon
7. Rook - Wazza's 3 shades of Stout attending
8. wonderwoman - Goldilocks (mexican cerveza kit with golden syrup) - attending + 1
9. seemax - Real Ale K&B - Not attending sad.gif
10. Q - "Mildly Challenged" dark mild - Attending
11. Leigh - Australian "Plain Jane" Lager - Attending
12. mcook - American IPA - Attending
13. CM2 - Kenzie Dunkle (munich Dunkle style). Maybe attending
14. Hutch - California Common - Attending
15. Fourstar - American IPA - Attending
16. Chris Taylor - Red Weizen - Attending
17. Brewmeister70 - Kolsch - Not attending sad.gif
18. Kleiny - Traditional Bock - Attending (hopefully with brewrig)
20. WarmBeer - Franken-Mild - Attending
21. Driveitlikeustoleit - Oatmeal Stout - Not attending
22. Lucas - Smoked Porter - Attending at this stage
23. Shortz - EoX Porter - Attending
24. Don Mateo - "Way out Weizen" - Hefeweizen -Attending
25. Benny - lemon ale - no idea on attending
26. Neill - Malty English Ale Attending
27. Wardhog - Vienna lager (keeping the American IPA to myself) - attending

Bring 26 or 25 tho? remember one of em is your own beer, everyone has to bring the same number tho....it stuffs up the swap every year.

Wardy - i'll see what the meat costs first before we put a price on it.

Yep fentsy everyone should bring 26 for minimum confusion

Yep, bring your own bottle. That way, regardless of what 'crate' you get everyones swap box is the same.
Otherwsie you will need to hunt for the swapbox that DOES NOT have your bottle in it. Just makes things harder.

Oh Fents, Is there any issue with attending +1 thats not a AHB member? Assuming they pay for meat and supply booze where required? If thats fine can i stick a name of a mate of mine on the attendance list?

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

pretty sure its cool with the non swapper as long as there isnt a crew of them.

pretty sure its cool with the non swapper as long as there isnt a crew of them.

Duely noted. As i said its a +1. If its +2 or +3 they can goto the pub and i will meet them later. Its not a party for the masses so the can pi$$ off if thats the case.

Ha, i did the keg to keg transfer on the weekend with those disconnects i got from Dave. I didnt have gravity to help me. Turns out the siphon stopped with the gas line connected. i think it just ended up balancing out using 'Ross/zwickel keg to keg transfer method'. I didn't use any gravity so i ended up just forcing it across with gas. Next thing i know i got to the end of the keg and i blasted across a whole chunk of yeast. <_< Looks like i will be transferring the CAP BACK to the original keg in the next few days once she goes bright again.

I was soo crapped off. The CAP was awesome! Very Clean, Crisp and Hoppy. The Appearance was akin to straw! :beerbang:
With the yeast haze it tastes like that 'arctic fox ice cap lager'. The BSaaz is very citrusy when its glued to copius amounts of yeast cells! When its bright its very Saaz like.

That reminds me, i'll need to drop it off @ dingos towards the end of the week so i can use PT on the swap day.. Got to organise a time with him.

26 it is then.

Damn ... knew I should have read this before bottling rather than the day after. I bottled an "extra" one and have 25, but going to be a pain on swap day.

Well guess I have to do something to disrupt proceedings after leaving a whole case in my car till half through the swap and almost causing a barney last time ;)

am i allowed to attend as a non swapper mr fents ??

ill bring booze and pay for food even take ya fishin but this time come in my car hey ...LOL

Well, technically...you could always bottle the 26th one full of water, as long as you make sure I don't get it ;)

Damn ... knew I should have read this before bottling rather than the day after. I bottled an "extra" one and have 25, but going to be a pain on swap day.

Well guess I have to do something to disrupt proceedings after leaving a whole case in my car till half through the swap and almost causing a barney last time ;)

am i allowed to attend as a non swapper mr fents ??

ill bring booze and pay for food even take ya fishin but this time come in my car hey ...LOL

yea mate your on the list of non swap attendees.

thought so , but thought id better check anyway.. cya there !

Sounds like everyone is getting prepared for the big day! Fents mate, you better order the meat soon i'd recon!

Considering its only 26 bottles and i have 28 and 4 of those bottles where naturally carbonated, i'll check one for carbonation tonight to see where they are at. Measuring them against the ones decanted from the keg i'd saythey are ripe and ready for drinkiing come the day of the swap. I'll let you all know once i complete a taste test.

Maybe we should all begin to update the swap list with the dates our beers are ready to drink? I'd prefer mine to be all gone within the month after the swap just to keep the fresh dry hopped AIPA flavour and aroma in check. No use letting that hop-slap mellow! :p

18 pages and there's something missing? Hmmmmm? Ahhhh i know you guys need to have one of these!

beirgirl-294x300.jpg

Cheers

Chappo

18 pages and there's something missing? Hmmmmm? Ahhhh i know you guys need to have one of these!
Cheers
Chappo

Why are those 3 jugs making me think 'Total Recall'. "Baby, you make me wish i had three hands!" :beerbang:

Ok here is a pic of the bottle carbed AIPA. Awesome hop aroma, malty munich, crystal sweet on the finish, Hop flavour is perfect. Slightly resinous, not cloying, very balanced. For 60 IBU's im suprised. it drinks like a 35 IBU APA! It helped me anihiliate a killer rendang for dinner.

I hope you boys enojy! Here is another poor night photo with my point and shoot again!

cheers! :icon_cheers:

aipa.jpg

Latest posts

Back