The Yeast Bay bulk buy - now with more additives

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Okay dokay,

If we get minimum of 5 brewers that are based in BNE or are prepared to drive to pick up, I'm more than happy to be a receiver for a stash of yeasts. I have a keg fridge, regular fridge and a freezer to store upon receipt.

That way we amortise the cost 5 or more ways.

Pick up at Ferny Grove or possible delivery if on one of my usual drive routes.
Hi Mate,

I am based in Nundah. Happy to pickup from Ferny Grove.

Fyr, my order is:
1 x Vermont ale
1 x saison blend 1
1 x saison blend 2
1 x amalgamation super brett blend
1 x brett brux tyb 207
2 x mélange sour blend

Thanks a bunch!

just placed my EOI. Happy to pay postage direct to my joint because I'm lazy & don't wanna have to drive to Ferny Grove

killerjules said:
Hi Mate,

I am based in Nundah. Happy to pickup from Ferny Grove.

Fyr, my order is:
1 x Vermont ale
1 x saison blend 1
1 x saison blend 2
1 x amalgamation super brett blend
1 x brett brux tyb 207
2 x mélange sour blend

Thanks a bunch!

No problem. I'm thinking that a simple split of per order is a good idea. Unless by ordering so many extra, one person increases the postage drastically over others, in which case, we'll work something out, maybe on a per vial basis.

Liam_snorkel said:
just placed my EOI. Happy to pay postage direct to my joint because I'm lazy & don't wanna have to drive to Ferny Grove
I don't blame you, there's nothing out here.

I was in the middle of filling out the sheet - I'd filled out first page, then next, and had started selecting what strains I wanted - I went off to do something else (research some of the strains) - came back to my sheet and it had reverted back to the first page (with fields all blank).

So now I'm not sure if what I'd selected has gone through or not, and whether I should start again???

EDIT: I just started again from scratch and reckon it's all sweet.

I ended up getting:

1 x Vermont Ale
1 x Sigmund's Voss Kveik
1 x Franconian Dark Lager
1 x Hessian Pils

Good to see everyone is having no problems with the forms! I don't know what went on with yours Ben, but it looks like a successful order has gone through. All sorted!

We're at 132 now, Martin and Peter have access to the sheet to keep an eye on it as well so there will be minimal frigging around once it's all finalised!

Hi Guys,

I'm now calling the cutoff for this at midnight on Sunday 19/3/17.

With that date, we can place the order(s) & expect a shipment on 27/3/17 & have it by later that week. Then the fun begins!!

For those of you hoping that we can get the WLP059 Melbourne Ale Yeast a-la this thread: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/94457-white-labs-wlp059-melbourne-ale-yeast-to-be-released/#entry1441598 , sorry, ain't gonna happen. Those yeasts are intended for retail sale direct to customers from Whitelabs & not for wholesale to the likes of Clever Brewing.

We MIGHT be able to get some in our next order in a couple of months, but it depends on how much they have in stock & to be honest with you, it'll already be a couple of months old by the time we got it. Caveat Emptor....

Get your last-minute orders in before we close-off.

Slainte!

Martin

Mardoo said:
Hey Fattox, is there a way we can double-check our orders?
Im in the same boat, i dont think I added the 'Melange'

Derrrrr, I guess I could always look at the email that was sent to me after I put in my order. Sorry fattox. Just trying to provide you with that bulk buy thrill of frustration.

But then here's an actual question - if we want to add something on, how do we do that?

Mardoo said:
Derrrrr, I guess I could always look at the email that was sent to me after I put in my order. Sorry fattox. Just trying to provide you with that bulk buy thrill of frustration.

But then here's an actual question - if we want to add something on, how do we do that?
I just noticed in that email that there's a button that says "EDIT RESPONSE". I didn't try it, but maybe that'll let you add things.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
No problem. I'm thinking that a simple split of per order is a good idea. Unless by ordering so many extra, one person increases the postage drastically over others, in which case, we'll work something out, maybe on a per vial basis.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:

Hi All,

I am going to have to pull out of this bulk buy now.

I found out this week I am heading to the states for work end of March and I will purchase what I need + bootleg biology yeast as well while I'm there.

Thanks for the offer tho.

Cheers

I also will have to pull the pin on my order. Just bought a house and money is just too tight to brew ATM

A lot of people pulling out.

Will this still go ahead?

No harm done if it doesn't, but I need to know asap, because I can source the same strains via my LHBS if I hurry up and jump in on their upcoming order.

I spoke to fattox last weekend and he said he was up to a few hundred vials. So I do believe the numbers are there to get it going.

Yeah the numbers are there - sorry for the silence, I've been ridiculously busy of late and haven't even had the time to check AHB.

I've been speaking to Martin at CB who told me that Hoppy Days on here is apparently organising some sort of a bulk buy or something, so pending my investigation if he's willing to sort it all out at his apparently cheaper price, I may end up giving him all of our orders

Liam - yours came through as an order so you'll need to edit/let me know if you wanna delete it.

Those of you who've pulled out I'll update your orders. Even with the pull outs the current order is at over 100 vials

yeah I'm out mate. It's easier for me to pick up from hoppy days on the way home from work

Back