The Yeast Bay bulk buy - now with more additives

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Righto guys, I've added a "captcha" to this form. Basically you can't actually get a captcha so one of the questions is a multiple choice with only one answer that lets you progress.

I'm not sure if someone actually got shitbag wasted and wrote their answers with just the 7 and y key but i'm fairly confident it's a bot so I've added security measures.

Unless someone pipes up in the next day or two and says "that's me, i'm the shitcunt" - I'll be deleting that order.

For an update, we are up to a total of 78 vials (including the potential bot order, but still up over the 70 mark!!

Keep[ those orders rolling in

Gday fattox, just wanna check there's only one order from me? May have drunk ordered - but not with y or 7, i dinnae think.

fattox said:
Timelines:

Google form - open now, closes at 11:59pm Sunday 26 March 2017.

Payment - I will leave this timeline up to Clever Brewing, but I would imagine that it would be required prior to the order being made or prior to any dispatch.
We're flexible with the close date for orders, but once we announce that we're about to place our next WLP order, it's a definite cut-off.

Since we'll be dealing with a lot of shipments going all over the place (& pickups), we'll need you guys to coordinate yourselves into syndicates & decide who's going to be placing the order with CB & receiving the goodies on behalf of the group in your geographic area (if that works for you). That, or individual shipment orders.

F'rinstance:

Perth #1 - Alf/Barney/Cyril
Perth#2 - Dennis/Eric/Fred
Perth#3 - Gonad
Perth#4 - Harry/Ian/Jeremy

Sydney#1 - Keith/Larry/Marmaduke
Sydney#2 - Numbnuts
Sydney#3 - Oberon/Pisshead/Quaaludes

etc...etc...

Fattox, are you able to coordinate that from your database?

Once we've got everything squared-away & the individual shipments sorted-out, we'll pack them up & ship them out as required (either by road or air as appropriate, depending on location & weight to keep costs down).

There's going to need to be a bit of massaging this into place, but we'll get there... :beerbang:

Cheers,

Martin

I'm happy to be the delivery point in sydney if people want

Clever Brewing Bloke said:
Fattox, are you able to coordinate that from your database?

Martin
I should be able to, see below response RE: care of details

JB said:
Gday fattox, just wanna check there's only one order from me? May have drunk ordered - but not with y or 7, i dinnae think.
I'm only seeing the one.

Guys - maybe instead of putting an address if you're gonna pool it, put a C/- jimbo (but actually put a username for the central person)

Yob said:
when closing?
I had a prelim date of 26/03 as the shutoff date for the survey. As Martin said this isn't firm, and I can adjust it with my form script quite easily to adjust the cutoff date and time. It'll be at 1 min to midnight on said date regardless.

Just FYI, we're over the 100 vial mark now! I have to clean up a bit of stuff from where I had hand added those who added their details in the original SEQ thread. I think just LRG1 needs to add some details but we have 104 excluding the 777 order and a double up from one hand added person.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Okay dokay,

If we get minimum of 5 brewers that are based in BNE or are prepared to drive to pick up, I'm more than happy to be a receiver for a stash of yeasts. I have a keg fridge, regular fridge and a freezer to store upon receipt.

That way we amortise the cost 5 or more ways.

Pick up at Ferny Grove or possible delivery if on one of my usual drive routes.
So, do we have sufficient to do this?

I added my details directly in the form.

If we could get a list of seq bulk buyers. More than happy to coordinate our syndicate, I just need to know who they are.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
I added my details directly in the form.

If we could get a list of seq bulk buyers. More than happy to coordinate our syndicate, I just need to know who they are.
I'm happy to split costs with you guys in Brisbane if Anthony and myself are the only guys out of Toowoomba, what better excuse to come down for a beer and visit Bowen Phil before heading home!?

Hi Guys,

Just to be absolutely transparent about this, I've seen a lot of mention of the buzz-words "Bulk-buy", which this ain't. The price (to us) per vial drops an astonishing 20c in the region we're currently looking at ordering.

Price per vial/sachet is fixed at $14.95 (no surprises from what Fattox originally posted). The Boss wanted to go $16, but I talked him down. ;)

We're getting the stuff into the country on the back of our usual WLP shipments in response to a personal request from Fattox. I figured we could throw it open to everyone else whilst we're doing it & Fattox agreed to coordinate.

It may seem like 100 vials/sachets is a lot to you guys (ie. bulk buy), but that's a pretty normal order for us. The KILLER is the express airfreight charges, which we can't discount-on & this shipment is going to be an absolute ball-tearer!

We're not planning on stocking YB stuff as a regular product line, so this may be a once-off deal (maybe we'll look at it again after the dust settles). The point is we're doing this for the folks that want it now as a favour/service to you guys, as we got a request for it.

Hey, I'm a brewer. How can I say "no" to fellow fermentational nutters that want to experiment???

If anyone pulls-out after we order, it'll just contribute to the Martin/Mort "Clever Brewing corporate-brewing" projects (ie. the stuff we drink after processing & despatching about 100Kg of stuff every day (including ******* easy-siphons!!!!!!!).... :ph34r:

Slainte!

Martin

fattox said:
i.e. Joe Blow
C/- Fucks McGiven
420 Mull Road
Drongo City NSW 2201
How did you find out my real name and address?

I'm going to have to give this some thought. Cheers for organising.

For those considering dipping a toe into sour/wild beer - I cannot recommend the melenge blend higher. Most of my 2016 sours were fermented with this and it's now the basis of my house culture (which has had a few other bits and pieces added to it). It gives a relatively mild, yet quite complex acidity and funk. Reminiscent of fresh stone fruit when young (~1 year). The saison blend is also a ripper.

AJ80 said:
I'm going to have to give this some thought. Cheers for organising.

For those considering dipping a toe into sour/wild beer - I cannot recommend the melenge blend higher. Most of my 2016 sours were fermented with this and it's now the basis of my house culture (which has had a few other bits and pieces added to it). It gives a relatively mild, yet quite complex acidity and funk. Reminiscent of fresh stone fruit when young (~1 year). The saison blend is also a ripper.
I've got melange amongst a whole bunch of other stuff in my 18 month old Flanders red, and did a lambic 5L batch to get bugs growing with it. Young, it was very butyric but age cleared it out and it's a ripper blend.

I've used a fair chunk of their strains, all bar the newer wallonian farmhouse 2 and 3, some of the Bretts and midwestern ale. Vermont ale, Franco and hessian pils are all go to strains for me now when I can get them, hence ordering 3 vials of Franco for myself - two will go into frozen storage and the other will go into my cherrywood smoked stout.

Clever Brewing Bloke said:
Hi Guys,

Just to be absolutely transparent about this, I've seen a lot of mention of the buzz-words "Bulk-buy", which this ain't. The price (to us) per vial drops an astonishing 20c in the region we're currently looking at ordering.

Price per vial/sachet is fixed at $14.95 (no surprises from what Fattox originally posted). The Boss wanted to go $16, but I talked him down. ;)

We're getting the stuff into the country on the back of our usual WLP shipments in response to a personal request from Fattox. I figured we could throw it open to everyone else whilst we're doing it & Fattox agreed to coordinate.

It may seem like 100 vials/sachets is a lot to you guys (ie. bulk buy), but that's a pretty normal order for us. The KILLER is the express airfreight charges, which we can't discount-on & this shipment is going to be an absolute ball-tearer!

We're not planning on stocking YB stuff as a regular product line, so this may be a once-off deal (maybe we'll look at it again after the dust settles). The point is we're doing this for the folks that want it now as a favour/service to you guys, as we got a request for it.

Hey, I'm a brewer. How can I say "no" to fellow fermentational nutters that want to experiment???

If anyone pulls-out after we order, it'll just contribute to the Martin/Mort "Clever Brewing corporate-brewing" projects (ie. the stuff we drink after processing & despatching about 100Kg of stuff every day (including ******* easy-siphons!!!!!!!).... :ph34r:

Slainte!

Martin
If there's any leftover Franconian or Vermont put me down for an extra vial of each :beerbang:

Back