Sydney Bulk Grain Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiebrewer

Reaction score
Hey guys

The bulk buy is on again. I have tried to make it a bit easier this time by putting everything on a google doc. I have had a lot of message from people running out of grain so this one might move pretty quick. Please read the following before putting your name down.

- Make sure you add your name and/or handle to the doc and message me your phone number.
- Only put your name on the list if your willing to buy the grains.
- Payment will be made prior to the grain being ordered
- understand that some grains will not be available when I order and you may beed to change your order. I will not know until I order.
- This bulk buy will be through 'All Things Homebrew' in Penrith. They looked after us last time and it was much easier for me than trying to get it delivered to home. Saying that the only pick up will be at their store at 5/4 Dean Place Penrith. The benefit is that you can pick it up whenever as they have plenty of storage. They have told me that they will be offering the following on the organised pick up day only;
- $3 per KG spec malt (1kg min and only what is available)
- 30% white labs yeast
- 30% all hops (150g packets)
- 10% off store wide including braumeister and grain father (have to be pre ordered if you want them there at pick up)

At this stage i will be organising a pallet from each supplier as can be seen on the doc. If they fill up fast i may add another pallet.

Cheers
Matt

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LT-P1k3ZZoR7H9unf1chdaUlo3zfx5zVcEM61C75qtw/edit?usp=sharing

Added my order to the spreadsheet. I'll message you my mobile number. Thanks for organising!

I've placed my order - lets get this ball moving NSW AG brewers!!! :super:

Apologies, I'll have to pull out of this one this time. Just got a big bill through the post. Next time though!

Looks like at this stage we will just be going a weyermann pallet. If this pallet fills I'll just order the one.

A bit hard getting out to Penrith between work, sport and looking after the little fella. Anyone East of Liverpool / Parramatta and West of the city buying some grain and willing to pickup a bag for me?

thuperman said:
A bit hard getting out to Penrith between work, sport and looking after the little fella. Anyone East of Liverpool / Parramatta and West of the city buying some grain and willing to pickup a bag for me?
If i dont get someone else to pick up for me, I work in the Maq park area.

n87 said:
If i dont get someone else to pick up for me, I work in the Maq park area.
I work in North Ryde, so that would be perfect. Let me know what you decide. Cheers!

bit too far of a trek from Newcastle at the moment so will skip this one

SBOB said:
bit too far of a trek from Newcastle at the moment so will skip this one
SBOB - I live on the coast and work in Newcastle - add your bags and I will collect them for you :)

Im in for a bag. I have added it.

Is anyone interested in splitting a bag of Munich and/or Crystal?

I also live close to north ryde and would be interested in carpooling a pick up if possible!

Pratty1 said:
SBOB - I live on the coast and work in Newcastle - add your bags and I will collect them for you :)
Your a glutton for punishment. I keep telling you unless you drive a hilux you can transport more than your one bag of grain safely ha ha ha. Remember what happened last time you had half a tonne of malt in the poor klugger lol

aussie brewer said:
Your a glutton for punishment. I keep telling you unless you drive a hilux you can transport more than your one bag of grain safely ha ha ha. Remember what happened last time you had half a tonne of malt in the poor klugger lol
Haha, willing to assist on order to get this pallet filled. :)

Any Canberra brewers viewing this thread want to get in on it? Maybe share the cost of driving/transport?

Get on the Bulk Buy brewers, the next one based on, the past few years will be next Jan/Feb.

:super:

Back