Sydney Xmas New Year Small Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOW MANY BOTTLES/PEOPLE ??

• 12 bottles , 13 people (1 of each others brews)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12 bottles , 7 people(2 of each others brews)

• 6 bottles

• something else entirely

• Total voters
Hey Guys, just got a favour to ask. I finally got a bar fridge, so now I have somewhere to store yeast starters. Yay! :)
If anyone has any starters spare, would you be keen to swap for an extra longneck of something?
I'll be happy with whatever is on offer, so I'll throw an extra bunch of longnecks in the car just in case.

Will check this thread again on Sunday morn.
Pete

Hi Pete,

I can probably bring something with Wyeast 1728 (scottish ale). Not sure if it will be a starter or just a beer made with that yeast that you can step up to a starter. Im not game enough to bring a starter because I dont want to leave them out of the fridge for that long (bottle bombs just waiting to warm up :huh: ).

Cheers,
Andrew.

Hey Guys, just got a favour to ask. I finally got a bar fridge, so now I have somewhere to store yeast starters. Yay! :)
If anyone has any starters spare, would you be keen to swap for an extra longneck of something?
I'll be happy with whatever is on offer, so I'll throw an extra bunch of longnecks in the car just in case.

Will check this thread again on Sunday morn.
Pete

ive got one from your beer from the six pack swap ....LOL !

see you all tomorrow !!

I'm guessing I should put a label on each bottle. I'll put a small round sticker with the number "1" on the cap.

CU shortly.

Cheers Andrew... I'm just new to the whole liquid yeast and starter thingy.
Cya soon, and will have the esky ready
Pete

well done to all the guys who turned up out at Josh's place today, 3 guys didnt show up for whatever reasons , not to worry theres always next time , hope everyone made it home without any issue i drove past several police cars on the way home , hope you daughter doesnt send you round the bend on that long drive back to newcastle stephen...

lastly thanks to Josh for giving up his place for the afternoon and his fine hospitality, now its time to saple some more of sydneys finest brews ....

ohhh and dont forget a bit of honest feedback/constructive critisism on the beers please if you can ...

Have a safe and merry xmas everyone !!

sorry i didnt make it guys, only remembered half way back to sydney this arvo that it was on. as ive been away for the last 10 days with the parents as the old man hurt himself and needed a hand at work and forgot about it as im also in the process of buying a house

all good barls , theres always next time ,although i was lookin forward to that raspberry wheat after sampling keiths last night from the other xmas case swap... something different thats for sure ... catchya at the next ISB meet

ill bring another bottle with me for the net meeting. i still got the case sitting down stairs ready to go if anyone wants to grab one or should we start a new swap early in the new year

keep it for the next swap barls , we all swapped the "leftovers" between ourselves to save the hassle pf picking up beers from here there and everywhere for the guys who didnt turn up.. maybe run another small swap end of january or february when everyone settles again after xmas /newyear..
i have quiet a variety of beers at the moment with both swaps cases so im in no rush to do another swap again to quick , having said that i wouldnt knock one back either, always good to have a vast selection to get ideas from and just to drink ...

It was great to meet up with everyone and sample some brews. Barra, that chilli beer has got me thinking!
Do you reckon lime would go okay in it as well? Or even lemongrass? ;)

Looking forward to trying the beers!

Gulpa, what was that English Bitter made from again? The TCB Wetpack?

It was great to meet up with everyone and sample some brews. Barra, that chilli beer has got me thinking!
Yeah that's be something like a Thai beer that someone, perhaps Stephen came up with. I might have a crack at that myself. With a basic Coopers Draught first up to see if it works.
Me too. I don't know where to start. I think with both swaps and one of my own, I have 5 wits to get into. Might do that as I suggested in one session.
Pretty sure it was the TCB English Bitter.

Hi all,

Nice to me you all on the wend. Thanks again for the venue Josh. I post some notes on beers when I start drinking them.

Yes, Pete. It was the TCB wetpac + some extra fuggles.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Hi all,

Nice to me you all on the wend. Thanks again for the venue Josh. I post some notes on beers when I start drinking them.

Yes, Pete. It was the TCB wetpac + some extra fuggles.
Cheers,
Andrew.

Lovely bubbly. I've got some goldings which should be good. (and I'll give it a crack with your scottish ale yeast if I can get it started).

Funny, I only went to Dan Murphy's that morning and picked up 3 different wheatbeers, so I'm definitely spoilt for choice here!!! It's wheat, wit, weisse at my place!
:beer:

am keen to try the one with lime the guy i work with made , lemon grass would hity it off well to i guess, do what i did and do one with a cheapy base so nothing to much is lost if it turns out bad...

will leave my crate of brews for a few days to let the settle down after the trip back home , some look a little stirred up ,then its up and at em !! too many beers to choose from too few hours spare in the day to drink them all at the moment...

Righto, I THINK I had Redbeard's Hoe Clone last night. Identifying features - an old Coopers Sparkling Ale Label, white cap with what looks like a 9 on top.

I haven't had a hoe for a long time now, but by memory I reckon this was pretty close.
Had it straight out of the fridge. Very fresh, a nice smooth flavour, and clear as. Then I poured the second schooner, and the clearness went, the head was creamy, it was thicker, but still fantastic.

Top stuff indeed.Very glad I got 2 of these!

Thanks Barramundi for organising and Josh for hosting.

It was hard to choose where to start.

Since I have two of these, I opened an "84 Bass". Good stuff. Nice head & good colour. Taste is pretty close to the original. Excellent drop. It did have a bit of a bitter aftertaste, I'd expect that to mellow our with some age, so I'll wait with the other bottle for a few weeks.

What's the ingredients, yeast etc?

Hi guy's thanks for Sunday, had a great time and from conversation picked up heaps. I'm looking forward to sampling the stock over the weekend.

Question, put a Morgans Royal Oak down on Sat night and since it has been bubbling out of the air lock. When I say bubbling let me add that it was flowing out at one stage. Has anyone had such happen before? Barra, this was the brew that the instructions said stir the yeast in?? I'll let you know how it turns out after being kegged and drunk in a few days.

Phil :beer:

Hi guy's thanks for Sunday, had a great time and from conversation picked up heaps. I'm looking forward to sampling the stock over the weekend.

Question, put a Morgans Royal Oak down on Sat night and since it has been bubbling out of the air lock. When I say bubbling let me add that it was flowing out at one stage. Has anyone had such happen before? Barra, this was the brew that the instructions said stir the yeast in?? I'll let you know how it turns out after being kegged and drunk in a few days.

Phil :beer:
By the way, Josh, if you haven't yet drunk it, that darth vader ale stubby will be drinkable on Xmas day.

Phil, here's a toucan stout I did earlier in the year. It was bubbling every 3 seconds, and I'm glad my airlock did it's job properly. I think there's still a speck of stout in the middle that won't wash out.
IMG_2048_1_1.JPG

First up for me was Oblomov's Golden Strong Ale.

Im not very experienced with the Belgian style so I dont really have much to compare it with. I had a duvel once and it certainly reminded me of that. It had the flavours I would associate with Belgian ale. Gold, a little cloudy with the alcohol well hidden behind the maltyness. The alcohol creeps up on you. Good beer Oblomov. Glad I have 2.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Latest posts

Back