Vic Case Swap 2011- Xmas In July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
The wheels have been set in motion for this year's case swap.

We have a now full list of swappers and a reserve list found here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showarticle=166

Edit to include your name, type of beer to be swapped, attendance etc.

The location is still to be decided - anyone who thinks they can host reply here. If I lived in a slightly less grungy house I'd offer but maybe next year.

For those who are new to swapping - a bunch of brewers make a batch of beer each and swap with roughly 24 other swappers so every participant gets 24 (ish) different longnecks of other people's home brew.

Feedback is welcomed and is usually pretty honest. No need for back slapping or smoke blowing - by the same token, no need to be nasty or snobby. All levels of brewing are welcomed - it is not a competition so simply trying your best and doing what you can to make your beer represent the best you can is sufficient. Even award winning brewers sometimes put bad beer in case swaps. Don't be intimidated if you have not been AG brewing for the last twelfty years. Just try and make sure it's not infected and that it's finished fermenting before being bottled. Rook is back in it for the first time in a while so let's show him that exploding bottles are not something we condone. If in doubt, use plastic or better - brew another batch.

The day itself is a fun day where you can meet other brewers, drink their beer, offer your own and usually eat loads of some kind of spit roasted animal. We also tend to wank on about brewing in ways only other brewers can understand. Nerds, one and all (and for new swappers - there's lots to be learned from some of the old geezers).

Date will be some time in June or July - to be decided once location is determined. Most often beer is brewed on the day - interested parties can contribute time/effort etc and take home a cube to ferment later.

Blah blah - most know how it works and those who don't - ask here. Brew well.

Suggestions for improvements to case swaps go here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...=52710&st=0

The location is still to be decided - anyone who thinks they can host reply here. If I lived in a slightly less grungy house I'd offer but maybe next year.
You've been to my place, so you know why we can't have it here. :)
Will bring something foodish depending on details.

Cool,

Hopefully I can get there. Can't offer my place unfortunately. Good chance I can down the track tho.

My preference is for July, only because I'm out of the country in for most of June.

contemplating hosting... sorting out logistics/smoothing it over with the family

Nice one, will your dog be there? he / she looks cool

edit: a silly post to bring up 100 - drinks some more beer

Yeah, she'll most likely be there... Putting on the charms to score some food

I'm in negotiation...if all goes well with the bub , i may be a non-swap attendee....

All looking good for my place (need to check if my brother is OK with a bunch of brewers hanging around- should be).

Yet to decide on a date. Anyone have preference to Sat or Sun? Early, mid or Late July?

Siborg.

Just decide a date that best suits you.

Not everyone will make it thats a given.

Kleiny

G'Day Siborg,

With this much notice mate, just give us a date and we'll make it happen.

Saying that I'd prefer Saturday. :beer:

Looking like early Jul on a Sat. Probably either the 2nd, 9th or 16th

Need to check with the Fam and make sure we've got nothing on already (probably won't) but I'd like to make it the 9th July.

Will update the Wiki tonight.

Get brewing, boys and girls!

So its decided: My place on the 9th July

I'll need ideas/assistance in providing the following:

Spit roast (machine needed, I can source meat)
Kegs: who's bringing. I have a three keg fridge with three taps. Probably aiming to have 1-2 hooked up, so room for 1 more.
3 kegs aint gonna be enough... who wants to put their hand up?
Brew day: I have some equipment, not enough to do a massive brew. Who wants to be involved/take home a cube/bring some equipment?
Swaps: rhizomes, yeast slants.... oh yeah: case of beer
Glasses: ideas where I can hire?
Tarps if it is windy/wet. I am planning to run the day between my porch and double garage. The garage is under cover with brick walls, the porch has no walls so would be good to string up a tarp if its going to be wet and windy.

Lets get this started!

sweet, I've put it in the diary and cleared it with the boss B)

Bugger, ill be away. Leaving Melb on the 9th. Have a good one guys. Seems like there are two who can fill a spot.
Sorry.

G'Day Siborg,

I can't help out with any of the other stuff so if the weather's off I'll bring the tarp and associated pegs, ropes etc.

The tarp is probably about 6m x 4m. Will it do the job?

wow, when did this happen?!

Screw you guys, im having my own swap! :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back