Vic Case Swap 2011- Xmas In July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to this - brewed my sweet stout mark 1 today. Hit all the marks and depending on how it tastes in a couple of weeks, it may become the swap beer. Plenty of time for it to condition B)

Last I seen Fourstar, you didnt contribute feedback to any more than a couple of beers at the last swap. Were the other 13 infected? Am I missing something obvious re the infected comments?

Just having a dig at the 09 Xmas swappers where 1/2 of the beers where a balls up. Those who where involved get the joke, nothing sinister.

sooo.. can many a hop be found at these events? Quite keen to lay my hands on a selection of rhizomes if possible?? whats the deal generally?

sooo.. can many a hop be found at these events? Quite keen to lay my hands on a selection of rhizomes if possible?? whats the deal generally?

Only where pre-organised, but would be interested in trading some myself.

Put me down on the reserve list, will likely attend anyway but would like to be involved in the swapping of brewskies as well.

How does this work exactly? If you are not a swapper, you can still attend and bring some food etc along?
What time does it begin and end? Ie if I would rock up at 6.30pm, people would still be drinking away the night?

R

How does this work exactly? If you are not a swapper, you can still attend and bring some food etc along?
What time does it begin and end? Ie if I would rock up at 6.30pm, people would still be drinking away the night?

R

just pop yourself on the non swap attendee list and away you go! :icon_cheers:

Did my steam beer #1 for the swap today and will have another crack at it tomorrow and see which one one comes up the best for the swap.

May have some rhizomes(bare rooted)and maybe some first year cuttings in pots..
of the top of my head Goldings,Hallertau
,heaps of POR,Hersbrucker,tettanger,columbus,chinook maybe a few others..

cheers SCum

Heller bock in the fermenter now, 1.068 and a great brewday. looking forward to this one hitting the spot.

Rhizomes, as long as i dig them up there may be some cascade, mt hood.

I have the day off for the swap and a leave pass from the fam.

Kleiny

Bloody hell - I guess I should get brewing in case I do get a guernsey.

edit: I'm assuming the 24 longnecks can be swapped with the caveat that they would benefit from another 4-6 weeks bottle conditioning? And I can just bring other beer for people to consume on the day?

edit: I'm assuming the 24 longnecks can be swapped with the caveat that they would benefit from another 4-6 weeks bottle conditioning? And I can just bring other beer for people to consume on the day?
Correct. And correct.

It's a good opportunity to get some (drunken) objective feedback on your beers. There will be plenty of beer there, but the more the merrier :icon_cheers:

Bloody hell - I guess I should get brewing in case I do get a guernsey.

Not a steadfast rule by any means - just my perspective but I reckon it's good to aim for RTD on or around the day. You don't want to be giving someone a barley wine and asking them to hang onto it for 12 months. However for various reasons, people often need to hang on to some bottles for a bit (bottled late, not carbed etc) so usually the brewers will put a suggested date if their beer is not ready to go yet. If you need people to wait a bit, just put it next to your name and number.

Did you just ask if you can bring beer?

Really?

No. No beer allowed.

It will be good to meet you.

Correct. And correct.

It's a good opportunity to get some (drunken) objective feedback on your beers. There will be plenty of beer there, but the more the merrier :icon_cheers:

Nice to meet you the other night,Thanks for the bottles, washed and ready to be filled.
Both versions of the Steam beer are bubbling away nicely at 16 oC so time will tell as to which will go into the bottle.

Hey folks. Still quite new to the scene but I'm keen to get to know a few of you guys. Is it ok to come to the swap? I'm just at the point of partials now but will have completed a few BIAB batches by then although they might need some conditioning.

Is there an experience requirement? I'd love to get some honest feedback from more savvy brewers to help me along.

I see the list is already full. Happy to come on the day, bring food or whatever else even if I don't get into the swap list. Maybe I could just give a few of my own out anyway for feedback?

I don't want to step on toes. Assuming it's ok for relatively inexperienced brewers to join in the fun but wanted to be sure.

Cheers!

Hey folks. Still quite new to the scene but I'm keen to get to know a few of you guys. Is it ok to come to the swap? I'm just at the point of partials now but will have completed a few BIAB batches by then although they might need some conditioning.

Is there an experience requirement? I'd love to get some honest feedback from more savvy brewers to help me along.

I see the list is already full. Happy to come on the day, bring food or whatever else even if I don't get into the swap list. Maybe I could just give a few of my own out anyway for feedback?

I don't want to step on toes. Assuming it's ok for relatively inexperienced brewers to join in the fun but wanted to be sure.

Cheers!

as manticle said +
you should also look at joining a club, I found that great to get some feed back etc..

Not a steadfast rule by any means - just my perspective but I reckon it's good to aim for RTD on or around the day. You don't want to be giving someone a barley wine and asking them to hang onto it for 12 months.

Absolutely fair call...just that I want to stick by my plans for a schwarz which means it will only be about 4-6 weeks in the bottle by July 9, drinkable no doubt but probably not smoothed out and fully carbed. My other schwarz's have been nice (IMHO) from 4-6 weeks on, but some of them are now 5 months old and have aged beautifully...the carafa has more chance to mellow out etc., as there are no late hops it doesn't change that part of the profile.

Anyway, I shall remain #1 on the reserves and see what happens. Worst case scenario I'll have 24 longnecks of a TTLL type thing that I can bring....feels great knowing that 2 slabs of a TTLL type ale ready at hand is a "worst case scenario" haha

Cheers!
Absolutely not! What do you think this swap is, an opportunity for people who love brewing to get together and talk beer and other BS?

Okay, you can come as long as you meet our 3 strict criteria:
- Like beer
- Drink beer
- Have a pulse

And put your name down on the reserves list, just in case. Don't worry about your "supposed" inexperience, the swap is open to all levels of brewing. My first two swap beers were extract & specialty grain, I got good feedback, and gave me the confidence and experience to explore full mash brewing.

Certainly all are welcome. My first swap was a K&K, second and third were extract and my last two AG swaps have been disasters :ph34r:

Maybe the gods are trying to tell me something?

Back