Vic Case Swap 2011- Xmas In July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool thanks for the feedback guys. Wasn't sure if this was an experienced brewers type thing. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting onto the roster in time!! Well I'll jump on now to the reserves and will plan to bring my brews just in case anyway on the day. Happy to share with anyone who's keen to try mine in addition to the official swap and will take any extras you want to share as well - if there are any!

Hopefully will have an all grain completed by then...

as manticle said +
you should also look at joining a club, I found that great to get some feed back etc..

Thanks. Will do. Actually MXD I was thinking about checking out the next Melbourne Brewers meeting. Is there one coming soon? Sorry being lazy - I expect it's also listed on the website.

Thanks. Will do. Actually MXD I was thinking about checking out the next Melbourne Brewers meeting. Is there one coming soon? Sorry being lazy - I expect it's also listed on the website.

generally held the last Wednesday of the month - so you just missed one.

keep your eyes peeled on the website, all the details are there and are kept up to date if anything changes.

Say hi if you pop along.

Brendo

Will do. This is entirely :icon_offtopic: but I like the list you put at the bottom of your profile. That easy to do?

Hoser, you are most welcome to come along. Bring whatever you want. If you want some open feedback from other brewers, then bring some of your beer. Food is always appreciated (haven't got any plans down for the day yet, but usually plenty of meat on a spit)

I'm planning a brew day as well. This will give you the chance to observe and participate in a full AG brew, and even take home a cube of wort for your brewing pleasure. More details to come.

Come to think of it, I'd better get my act together. I'll start planning this week and I'll put the word out for help/what to bring. I know everyone is keen to pitch in, which is appreciated. I'll get together a list of what I've got and what I'll supply and what I will need people to bring around.

Cheers Guys, Lets make this a big one!

sorry guys had to drop out... its very hard to brew while staying at my sisters with my rig being outside under a tarp...
I'll open a spot for others...

I will come but as a none swapper..

edit: I'll be driving from Bendigo if anyone needs a lift.

Condolences on the brewing difficulties. Cheers for updating the article and getting me in there :icon_chickcheers: , it'll be great to meet everyone...I'll definitely have a landlord ready to go but I am still aiming for the schwarzbier plan - I'll be mashing the sucker this weekend.

Absolutely fair call...just that I want to stick by my plans for a schwarz which means it will only be about 4-6 weeks in the bottle by July 9, drinkable no doubt but probably not smoothed out and fully carbed. My other schwarz's have been nice (IMHO) from 4-6 weeks on, but some of them are now 5 months old and have aged beautifully...the carafa has more chance to mellow out etc., as there are no late hops it doesn't change that part of the profile.

Anyway, I shall remain #1 on the reserves and see what happens. Worst case scenario I'll have 24 longnecks of a TTLL type thing that I can bring....feels great knowing that 2 slabs of a TTLL type ale ready at hand is a "worst case scenario" haha
Looks like your on now

Condolences on the brewing difficulties. Cheers for updating the article and getting me in there :icon_chickcheers: , it'll be great to meet everyone...I'll definitely have a landlord ready to go but I am still aiming for the schwarzbier plan - I'll be mashing the sucker this weekend.

Crap, that means I've been bumped to number 2 on the reserve list! I might have to think about sharing my 2nd cube of stout with you lot after all.

Pushes me to #4.... will keep fingers crossed!!

Hoser, you are most welcome to come along. Bring whatever you want. If you want some open feedback from other brewers, then bring some of your beer. Food is always appreciated (haven't got any plans down for the day yet, but usually plenty of meat on a spit)

I'm planning a brew day as well. This will give you the chance to observe and participate in a full AG brew, and even take home a cube of wort for your brewing pleasure. More details to come.

Thanks Siborg. Looking forward to it! Will bring meat for sure. I'm also the Marketing Manager for Cadbury Fundraiser meaning I have unlimited access to all Cadbury Chocolate. Will bring some nibbles.... any preferences? ;)

Pushes me to #4.... will keep fingers crossed!!

Thanks Siborg. Looking forward to it! Will bring meat for sure. I'm also the Marketing Manager for Cadbury Fundraiser meaning I have unlimited access to all Cadbury Chocolate. Will bring some nibbles.... any preferences? ;)

did you say... chocolate?

yup. I'm responsible for Freddo, Caramello Koala, Chomp, Curly Wurly as well as every chocolate we sell in the the Fundraiser carryboxes. Just let me know what you'd like me to bring and I'll definitely rustle it up!

Dangerous place to work - you're never at a loss for chocolate!!

yup. I'm responsible for Freddo, Caramello Koala, Chomp, Curly Wurly as well as every chocolate we sell in the the Fundraiser carryboxes. Just let me know what you'd like me to bring and I'll definitely rustle it up!

Dangerous place to work - you're never at a loss for chocolate!!

Mmmmm, a Chocolate Bock brewday? :icon_drool2:
Think about it Si, yummmm

Ok the black beer is done, hit my targets (well, slightly higher actually), all good, glad wrap is on....and....F*CK! Forgot the irish moss addition!!! That'll learn me to try and knock out a double on a tight timeline (got to go out now for the rest of the arvo).

Anyway, if it's no good by July I'll bring a landlord along...(although I doubt the lack of irish moss is going to make or break it).

Cheers all...

assuming the yeast count is as expected tonight, I'll pitch the 1968 onto the oaked stout. If i don't make the cut I'm sure i can enjoy every last morsel of it. :icon_chickcheers:

I havnt seen my brew for this event for almost two weeks as Im OS atm... I left SWMBO in charge :blink: (with alot of notes on the chalk board).. she had to take the final readings and CC so praying everything is OK..

Back in Aus. tmoz and will be botteling friday so will get an indication then of wether or not it will be OK for the swap.. fingers crossed.. if not will be happy to surrender a swap position and come as a non swapper.

:icon_cheers:

why are people willing to surrender a position with 2 months to go? Kinda confused. I could knock out a dozen batches in that time.

Latest posts

Back