Vic Case Swap 2011- Xmas In July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Siborg! I had a great night. It's good to meet a lot of you here and put faces and names to people as well. Like many that has posted before, it was a rather slow start this morning. I am still truly overwhelmed by the reaction to my third ever brew (second AG) - the imperial pumpkin ale. I have posted the recipe and details in the recipe thread.

Are we starting another thread for the tastings? Or just tack onto this thread or recipe thread? I'm starting with Zeeba's offering after dinner. :chug:

Thanks for a great evening simon was lucky i had to drive as i have had one mother of a day .
Brewed a Vienna and kegged and bottled 3 over due batches of goodness.The plasterer was not to happy about the smell of the malt or hops today...unlucky.

Vital stats i like your reference to Hank on your label maybe that will be tonights beer after i return from the airport.Second time today after a 6am drop off.

Cheers SCum

Big thanks to Simon for putting the day on, had a ball. Would have liked to stay longer as the funniness was just beginning to happen when I left. First function I have attended and really enjoyed it. Was good to sample many different brews on the night. Cant wait for the next one.

A couple more photos uploaded while I sip on a very nice brown ale by Razz:

Setting up (warmbeer taking photos, I presume?)
gallery_14633_775_199897.jpg

All swaps lined up - such a beautiful sight:
gallery_14633_775_59413.jpg

The deck (spa cover at bottom of pic)
gallery_14633_775_115103.jpg

well done guys, seems a great day/night probably should have done that one instead of the footy :)

Thanks again for putting on a great day Siborg! Tasted many fantastic beers, put faces to names, ate some good grub (loved the beef jerky) and saw a mash and decotion in action. Cheers and beers

Thanks again for putting on a great day Siborg! Tasted many fantastic beers, put faces to names, ate some good grub (loved the beef jerky) and saw a mash and decotion in action. Cheers and beers
Beef jerky?! I wasn't told about that... Damn it!

Was that your six pack (minus one or two) left behind? I didn't get a chance to taste any, but I'll have to try some. What was it again?

Beef jerky?! I wasn't told about that... Damn it!

Was that your six pack (minus one or two) left behind? I didn't get a chance to taste any, but I'll have to try some. What was it again?

Im hoping to get that jerky recipe and it had a really good kick to it. Yeah thats mine haha, its kind of a light pale ale with magnum and hallertau, its alrite but nothing special. Happy to chip in for a mash paddle too haha

who's beef jerky? And where was I?

I cant remember but I'd sure like to have a crack at making some. You might have been being a top host and preparing the veg and meat. Who's jerky was it? Care to share the recipe?

must throw a kudos out to Jesse for ordering and arranging that awesome spit from Haugheys Butcher in Ringwood.

No Bother at all, glad to help out Si...

also... I needed an excuse to come back the next morning and collect all the discarded longnecks laying about the place anyway :lol: :ph34r:

Yob

Latest posts

Back