Vic Case Swap 2011- Xmas In July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proof: Despite all the wrastling, drunken slurring and dodgy-german accents, there was actually a sh!tload of beer there...

09072011.jpg

Thanks to all the dudes, and dudette, who came along.

All I can add is +1. That is all, night night you drunken western Vic swappers!

My thanks again to Siborg for having us and everyone else that made it happen.

I think i may have had a few too many samples.... i felt like a kid in a candy store so many tasty beers to try, how could i say no?
not mixing well with a weeks worth of painkillers, all well worth it though, was great meeting every1.

We almost got squished on the way back, 5 mins from home, still blowing its ass off out here, very large branch fell across road
infront of us, the trusty wench saved the night with a good swerve, 2 seconds max and it would have been a different story.

thanks again all

cheers

Yep, good night, well done Siborg and the others for a well organised night. Si, sorry I didn't give you $10, some where between talking about giving you the money and lighting the LPG patio heater my missus turned up so it was good night from me. I'll catch up with you at the next meeting. The beers on the night were all great, not a bad one amongst em.

I hear someone was on the grass (Manticle....!?) and the dodgy German dudes trying to yell that FLGGƎNK∂ČHIβL∫N, I would think you all had a bottle or two fluggenheiming :p

Sounded like a ball was had.

ouch.
I may have overdone it a little...

Had an absolute cracker of a time! The funnest swap I have ever attended.
It was fantastic to meet everyone, talk shit, have a laugh and drink some really good beers. Looking forward to getting into the swap beers when I am feeling a little more human.

Simon, well done mate! and thank you very much for hosting. Great job.

I hear someone was on the grass (Manticle....!?) and the dodgy German dudes trying to yell that FLGGƎNK∂ČHIβL∫N, I would think you all had a bottle or two fluggenheiming :p

Sounded like a ball was had.

Der vos neine grass. Only bark und bier.

Cheers Siborg and everyone. Great day and evening, great spit roast, good company, good beer, mild headache now.

Sorry not to be around to help clean up.

Today will be a day made entirely from bacon.

indeed a great night was had, many thanks to Si for hosting a great event... beers were fantastic as was the company..

a few photo's from the night

1.JPG brew gear was impressive

2.JPG

3.JPG soooooo much beer,

4.JPG :lol: there is always one :lol:

There was a magic leprechaun man inside the ground who was whispering the secrets of life to me.

Also the chair was alive.

Yep thanks for hosting Si.

Damn shame I was having to pace myself as I didn't have a bad beer all arvo.

Does anyone know if I had a good time? I have a vague memory of everything up until my second serve of cauliflower....and the rest of the night is....err... dim.

Great to put faces to names, great to drink so many varied and fantastic beers.

Particularly great that I am upright in that photo and that there isn't one of me sprawled on the ground. This morning my sunnies and glass were pretty much where I left them after the fall.

I can vouch for the underground leprechaun.

Big thanks to Siborg and Iamozziyob and Wakkatoo. :icon_cheers:

Is there an easy way to work out which beers need to be aged and which ones are right to go (other than trawling through various threads and articles)?

Yeh, lecter. Check the brew day wiki in my signature. People should have RTD next to their name, swap number and beer.

Mines ready, but I'll need to update the wiki

Yeh, lecter. Check the brew day wiki in my signature. People should have RTD next to their name, swap number and beer.

Mines ready, but I'll need to update the wiki

Thanks chief, I've just updated mine also.

Thanks Siborg, great night with a lot if laughs. Cheers to Jesse for the accommodation, made a big difference this morning! Nice shitty weather here so an arvo on the couch is in order.

casualties were also quite low with the results coming in at:

1 mash paddle
1 broken glass
1 chipped longneck
1 slightly damaged spa cover

and the back of my eyes today :rolleyes:

Well, I've finally just finished cleaning (been dragging my feet all day)

Glad everyone had a good time and must throw a kudos out to Jesse for ordering and arranging that awesome spit from Haugheys Butcher in Ringwood.

I didn't hit it too hard last night so I might have a shot at a few of the swap beers, although I scored an extra bottle of bnaujok's amazing imperial pumpkin ale which would go down well about now.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in for the brew day. Bullsneck: you owe me a new mash paddle!

Thanks to everyone for coming down, enjoying a few beers and just having fun. Can't wait for the next event

Latest posts

Back