Vic Case Swap 2011- Xmas In July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only only leave from here (Elsternwick Station)around 6pm on Saturday. What is the best way to get there by public transport and how long should it take?

Thanks,

R

Braden. Agree that the train to Nunawading then go straight down sringvale. On a Saturday and with the new crossing it's a piece of piss. Mind u I don't know where in donvale simon lives, but being an ex-resident of Nunawading and templestowe, that's how I'd go.

If I can get a leave pass I'm happy to swing by and pick u up from pines or Nunawading

Just finished bottling my porter and brewery fresh, it aint tasting too bad. Again I am thankful for the invention of kegs and glad I dont have to go through that too often. :D

Looking forward to the swap! Sounds like its going to be a perla! :beerbang:

I can only only leave from here (Elsternwick Station)around 6pm on Saturday. What is the best way to get there by public transport and how long should it take?
1 hour 45 if you are lucky, 2 hours if you are not.
Will you be dropping off your case-swap contribution before hand? ... else it's going to be late in the day for the swapping-procedures.

Thanks,

R
Mate, I work just near the Alfred and I'll be in my car tomorrow and Friday night. I'm finishing at 7 tomorrow and 5:30 on Friday. Let me know if you want me to swing by and collect your swap on the way home.

On a side note, I haven't heard from a couple of people, so I've got no idea if they'll be attending or not. Please let me know if you haven't got any of the details for the swap (I've sent out a few mass-PM's: may have missed someone). I'll get back to you pretty much straight away if you PM me.

If you did that would offer to pick you up once you get to Springvale Rd. :)
Braden. Agree that the train to Nunawading then go straight down sringvale. On a Saturday and with the new crossing it's a piece of piss. Mind u I don't know where in donvale simon lives, but being an ex-resident of Nunawading and templestowe, that's how I'd go.
If I can get a leave pass I'm happy to swing by and pick u up from pines or Nunawading

Thanks for the offers guys, in fact the Pines SC is closer to Siborgs (3.5K vs 6~) and will take me less time to get there (and less effort) from my place by catching the bus.

If one of you is capable of driving that would be grand (rather than relying on trying to hail a cab/wait an indefinite time at the taxi rank for nothing to materialise). Otherwise i can go with the original plan, no fuss.

Also Wolfy,

After just over a week of trying to get the Pacman to fire on the slants i had lost hope, turns out 3 days later there where a handful of small colonies of the yeast on the slants! :beerbang: Perfect for re-slanting! I can bring one of the sparse slants along for you to weave your magic, did you want anything else i have?

I now have the first two swaps: Sappas and NickPenno's.

1 hour 45 if you are lucky, 2 hours if you are not.
Will you be dropping off your case-swap contribution before hand? ... else it's going to be late in the day for the swapping-procedures.
Will be fine mate. Either dropping off tomorrow for a bunch of the guys or sending them with the almighty landlord ;)

Ok - just to make sure - I am number 16 (some would say sweet 16) in the original case swap article (http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=166), hence I should label my bottletops "16".

Good? Good. So let it be written, etc. etc.

Ok - just to make sure - I am number 16 (some would say sweet 16) in the original case swap article (http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=166), hence I should label my bottletops "16".

Good? Good. So let it be written, etc. etc.
I'm listed as number 20 there, so I wrote "20" on mine, so your logic seems pretty good to me. :)

Sorry boys cant make it going to see the bombers waste the tigers at the G, mrs parmas before hand then on the bourbon cans all night, will try make the xmas (next) swap. have a good day all and someone roll a phattie and let loose on fourskin(star).

Good Evening from Mexico gentlemen! Tonight I finally managed to find a decent bar that served something other than mexican cerveza, and attempted to get into the swap spirit.

Beer 1: Minerva Viena $3.90 (Equivalent: Husky's Vienna Lager).
A beer with a lovely caramel malt body. If Husky's is as good as this we're all in for a treat.

Beer 2: Minerva Imperial Stout $3.90 (6%) (Equiv: Warmbeer, Siborg, Fourstar)
Siborg's will probably be closest. Chocolaty toasted up front with a different bitter aftertaste. Nice drop.

Beer 3: Minerva Pale Ale $3.90 (Equiv: Zebba, Mcook, Bullsneck)
We accompanied this beer with the hottest Cajun Chicken Wings on the planet. I remember the beer being nice, but it certainly quenced the fire and there was exactly one mouthful left after the last chicken wing.

Beer 4: Gouden Carolus Tripel $7.90 (Equiv: ... no one did a tripel?)
Which is a shame because they probably would have smashed this one. Maybe it was the beer delivery by burro to the bar. Maybe it was the devil fire chicken wings, but this beer was pretty disappointing.

Didn't see any pumpkin ale to try unfortunately.

I know 4 beers doesn't really cut it as "getting into the spirit", but I do have to work tomorrow. Enjoy the day and the beers boys, and cheers from Mexico :icon_cheers:

I assume there will be plenty enough gas there for serving?

Just planning on bringing a full keg and pluto tap. Don't want to lug my CO2 bottle along.

Just planning on bringing a full keg and pluto tap. Don't want to lug my CO2 bottle along.

I'd hope so, ive got a keg of stout that i plan on serving at ambient (its going to be between 8-14deg tomorrow anyway) so I'll probably need a squirt every now and again

I have also left a device at Siborgs that you can unscrew a lid, fill it with stuff and run beer through it. :icon_cheers:

...so I can wander around with my 16gm co2 bulb dispenser (and bulbs) and empty glass begging for beer?

But seriously I was going to bring a few bulbs down anyway to ensure that Wakkatoo keeps pouring beer for me...

...so I can wander around with my 16gm co2 bulb dispenser (and bulbs) and empty glass begging for beer?
But seriously I was going to bring a few bulbs down anyway to ensure that Wakkatoo keeps pouring beer for me...

Excellllent. :drinks:

Back