Vic Case Swap 2011- Xmas In July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, wakkatoo filled me in, I shall be changing the lids to match my number before next weekend all good (with stickers now!!!!). I am really looking forward to meeting, tasting etc etc...

As promised I'll be bringing chocolate given I work in Marketing at Cadbury/Kraft. Any requests? Personally I'm responsible for Freddo, Caramello Koala, Curly Wurly, Chomp and all the Fundraiser chocolates. However I can really get my hand on most things. Just let me know and I'll try to rustle it up.

Northern Brown Ale has come out nicely. I think I could've given it a bit more body but the nutty/malty notes are definitely there. Looking forward to feedback for sure!

As I'm heading to Canada for 5 weeks on the Monday after the swap I won't be trying any of the swap beers til I'm back. That said, it sounds like it might work out given so many swappers are contributing young beers that might need a bit of conditioning/ageing.

Also have to say I tried Manticle's Grand Cru yesterday and damn! You're in for a treat... Agree with him though that it's best to sit a lit longer and you'll be far more rewarded. Looking forward to next weekend!

Cheers,
Hoser

To those brewing on the day, what time will you be mashing in?

As promised I'll be bringing chocolate Also have to say I tried Manticle's Grand Cru yesterday and damn! You're in for a treat... Agree with him though that it's best to sit a lit longer and you'll be far more rewarded. Looking forward to next weekend!

Cheers,
Hoser
I am bloody spewing I can't make it this year...
The bub did make it to Stout Extravaganza on Sunday though...
Unfortunately , i have to work Saturday morning an the Mrs will have my guts for garters if i leave her again , for another day in a row to look after a baby....
Next year , i shall be there...
Hope you all have a great day....
Hoser...enjoy your first swap...
Manticle..as usual , your beers sound awsome...
Simon...good luck hosting...
Fenton...don't lead anyone astray :ph34r:
Fourstar...did you check what time the last train is ? :ph34r:
Have a cracker the rest of you !
Cheers
Ferg

Hey Guys,

I have been doing a bit of a grain audit filling up my grain tubs from sacks this evening. Looks like I have a some excess specialty malts if anyone wants to take it. Its $60-100 worth of grain depending on who you would typically buy it from, given its grain i got at bulk buys its cost me $40-50 roughly.

The grain has lived in a humidity free area of the house and away from the elements/temperature fluctuations (where i ferment to be precise) and is still fresh and snappy from what ive just munched on.

Name your price and its yours, i'll bring it along to the swap day (dropped off with my beers beforehand).

9Kg JW Caramalt
5Kg Weyermann Carapils
3Kg Bairds Medium Crystal
2Kg Briess Victory

Howdy all, i have had some ongoing health problems (dont worry its not contagious) since the weekend, i will still be swapping no matter what.
I was going to bring 9L corny , potato salad and make some pretzels, but in all honesty i will be struggling just to get
to the swap.
I will aim to get there around 4ish, il still pay my $10 for a feed , say gday for a bit and prob head off again. If things improve i may have
one or two beers, otherwise unlikely i will drink anything. :(

All i a bit disappointing , still very keen on trying everyone's beers in the swap, looks like there is a few in there that will benefit from
some aging as well, which works out well for me.

Does not make much difference to the whole, just putting it out there.
Oh yeah gotta get Bullsneck his lotto winnings to him as well..

have a good one

Does anyone want me to bring my Jockey Box? I was going to bring along a keg but all I have is a 9L keg of Mild, not quite a case swap beer. I am happy to bring the dispensing equipment though.

Foodwise, I will bring some Nacho Salad.

... I have is a 9L keg of Mild, not quite a case swap beer...

I reckon a nice, tasty Mild is probably the ideal case swap beer. Plenty of drinking, minus the whole "falling over" thing...

I'm bringing a keg of ESB, but it won't need a jockey box, I think ambient Melbourne temperature are just about ideal.

3 days to go, getting excited :beerbang:

I'm bringing a keg of ESB, but it won't need a jockey box, I think ambient Melbourne temperature are just about ideal.

I can bring a keg of stout just so it can be demolished. Just means Siborg will have to bring the keg back with him on the next committee meeting. ;)

Wish I could make it but I recon the missus would shoot me given that bub will be less than 2 weeks old. If I can manage a quick leave pass I'll come down with a few beers and say hi.

Easy to miss a post in all this white noise.

The more important question is "What time is the drinking commencing?"

As soon as i get onto public transport? Maybe this time i can be the dropkick asking people to sample their potato salad! :p

I'll have a keg of Belgian blonde with me. Looking forward to it. Got a swap newbie coming along as well (Lecterfan) - you guys have called in the QLD lads for the initiation ceremony right?? :p

just worked out my route.

Bus from Abbotsford to the pines SC, grab a cab from the taxi rank and be at the swap in a couple of minutes. looking at 40-60 min commute time. not too bad i suppose.

Faster than dealing with getting down to Richmond station and then dealing with springvale road.

just worked out my route.

Bus from Abbotsford to the pines SC, grab a cab from the taxi rank and be at the swap in a couple of minutes. looking at 40-60 min commute time. not too bad i suppose.

Faster than dealing with getting down to Richmond station and then dealing with springvale road.
I can pick you up from the pines if you like.

I can pick you up from the pines if you like.

I doubt that, i'll be there close to 4PM after going out for lunch for my grand pappys birthday.

On another note, the oak aged stout has been bottled and rings in at 6.7% ABV. only 2% higher than the Original ABV. the joys of doctoring with whiskey! ;)

Back