Vic Case Swap 2011- Xmas In July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why are people willing to surrender a position with 2 months to go? Kinda confused. I could knock out a dozen batches in that time.

between work, 8month old, living with my sister.. my brew rig outside under a tarp.. Although I just put in garage yesterday so hopfully let me brew atleast one..

and thats why I pulled out.. let people that can brew in.

gav.

why are people willing to surrender a position with 2 months to go? Kinda confused. I could knock out a dozen batches in that time.

Im not going to get much brewing time in betwen now and then.. when I get back Ive got a scant few weeks before we move out Ringas way,

between the move, and cleaning 2 houses there just wont be much time.. if this one falls over it will be extreemly difficult for me to get another in and nicely conditioned... not that it has to be I guess... any time I do get to throw one in will strictly be for my fairly depleted stocks. All going well, I will be participating on the swap level, Ive only the one fermenting fridge that only holds 1 fv... soon to change when im set up in my Mancave!!

ooh the dreams!!! but you get my drift

:icon_cheers:

Better that kind of foresight than someone who drops out with a week to go - or worse - someone who puts their name down but never shows up and is never heard from again.

Or the buggers who put in infected beer...oh hang on, that was me :ph34r:

But on a serious note, have a golden ale, a IPA and an alt all cubed and ready to ferment, have an alt fermenting...just have to find time to bottle and all will be good :)

Absolutely.

Possibly early am - people often crash out, some won't rock up until the evening etc.

Literally when people stop drinking beer is the finish time unless Siborg wants to make new rules.

Cubed 30L of porter for swap entry yesterday. Hope to pitch either 1028 or 1084 tomorrow/thurs.
May have overdone it on the chocolate malt, as it's black as can be.
Came in a bit over expected OG at 1.064.

http://www.brewtoolz.com/brew_entries/284

Nice one! My schwarz is having itself a little d-rest right now, getting ready for some racking and CC action tomorrow.

I scraped a few (million) yeast cells into 10ml of wort so that over the next 3-4 weeks they can grow and then ferment my case-swap beer ... nowhere near as exciting as cubing or d-rest. :(

Gotta get me brewing one of these days... Decided on an english pale with golden promise, light crystal, heaps of challenger and some 1968.

The good news is though that if I come on the day I'll be bringing an 11% Strong Scotch Ale that, being all modest and stuff, is IMO farking amazing.

Got good reviews on my TTLL... I might bring that instead of the schwarz...

In time.......................................................

in time ................................................................................

Brewed my hopeful today.

Everything went wrong so it should be a cracker. Back up brew will be put down next weekend.

brewed a rogue Shakespeare stout clone last week. putting it down sometime soon. Here's hoping it turns out well, or it'll be a US amber or pale.

...I've actually stumbled upon a method that many of you possibly use already. My black beer is in the fridge at 1c and lagering nicely, and yet I feel compelled to open the fridge twice a day and yell motivational/encouraging things at it. Random qoutes from Rocky, the song from Karate Kid "You're the best" etc...

I'm pretty sure that regardless of mash/ferment temps, sanitation and yeast cell numbers, motivational yelling is what makes a truly respectable beer.

Edit: tonight I am finding that either "you're the best" from the Karate Kid or "Now You're a man" from Orgazmo would be the top motivational choices...

You guys are sure well prepared :super: , I dont plan on brewing my mine until 3 weeks before. It is a beer that needs to be best served grain to brain 4-6 weeks.

Haysie I am that paranoid/insecure that I have a spare brew sitting there ready (a very decent TTLL) and will be doing another two brews between now and then so if the lagered black beer turns out shit I have plenty of options haha...

Not so much organised (on my behalf) as just wanting to contribute something decent haha

Latest posts

Back