Vic Case Swap 2011- Xmas In July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, when did this happen?!

Screw you guys, im having my own swap! :icon_cheers:

You snooze, you loose :p

Stick your name on the reserves list, you know you're guaranteed a part ;)

You snooze, you loose :p

Stick your name on the reserves list, you know you're guaranteed a part ;)

meh, i'd prefer to just sulk in the corner. Besides, i dont want to bore the crowd with beer not good enough to swap! :ph34r:

Yeah i was thinking the same thing, but Siborg wanted ideas on glass hire, so i had a bit of a looky

1st reserve moves up. I'm going to put Fourstar's name on the reserve list for kicks. He can take it off himself if he likes.

On you for hosting S.

I can maybe bring gear to add for brewday if needed. 50L esky tun, keggle, 40 L stock pot, burner and bottle, 2400W element.

What's the protocol here? Am I best to organise a night at the nearest caravan park or is it bad form to turn up and get drunk?

Is it bad form to turn up and barely drink at all in order to drive home later that arvo?

Coming as far as I am it feels like an all or nothing type scenario haha. I am mostly attending to sample a heap of other AG brews and to have a few more other people taste mine and provide feedback.

Of course I am very rudely assuming that more people might pull out and I will make it to the main list...but I like to know what I'm potentially getting myself into here... :lol:

Also I feel bad for Fourstar, he can happily take my place on the reserves as I am a flighty creature at the best of times and might not be able to make it anyway... ;)

Usually a bed/sleeping spot can be found for you. If you're coming all that way with the option of trying so many different beers, I wouldn't be in a hurry to get home but people do drop in and out.

The only bad protocol is drink driving.

Last year I slept in the back of the car, as did a few others (their cars, not mine!! :blink: ) If there is space in the yard, I'll probably roll out the swag this time round. Given the distance Lecterfern, all or nothing is the only way!! :beerbang:

If there is enough interest for a brewday (I'm keen!) ... I can offer use of my 75L pot and a heap of fresh Chinook flowers.

Last year I slept in the back of the car, as did a few others (their cars, not mine!! :blink: ) If there is space in the yard, I'll probably roll out the swag this time round. Given the distance Lecterfern, all or nothing is the only way!! :beerbang:

Yea, I'm thinking car or swag might be the go, there seem to be a few caravan parks within affordable taxi distance too in a worse case scenario. I'll hold off to see if I actually get a spot and then might send the gracious host a PM for advice.

Bloody hell, bulk buys, beer swaps, harvesting hops...this AG business has certainly changed my perspective on making beer haha.

As far as contributions go, I'm happy to bring an extra dozen longnecks or so, also happy to bring some cascade from this years harvest or something...

1st reserve moves up. I'm going to put Fourstar's name on the reserve list for kicks. He can take it off himself if he likes.

I'll let nature take its course and if i do happen to scrape on, Im sure there is plenty of malt + hops + yeast at my place screaming to be disposed of.

Maybe i'll share a 100% weizen if i get around to brewing one this weekend as a test run. if 100% rye cant stop me, wheat sure as hell can't!

Also I feel bad for Fourstar, he can happily take my place on the reserves as I am a flighty creature at the best of times and might not be able to make it anyway...

Meh, I'm just yanking the chain. I'm not too concerned about missing out on swapping infected quality beers with the group. :lol:

What's the protocol here? Am I best to organise a night at the nearest caravan park or is it bad form to turn up and get drunk?

Is it bad form to turn up and barely drink at all in order to drive home later that arvo?
I'm not sure that anyone turns up with the intention of getting drunk, however, I think you'd be disappointed if you were not able to fully enjoy the beer and company by having to always think of the drive home.

So its decided: My place on the 9th July

You had to make it the 9th? Sorry brother, got a footy trip locked in with tickets all paid for. Heading down to sunny Tassie to see the Hawks smash the Lions. Good thing I was just a non-swap attendee.

Meh, I'm just yanking the chain. I'm not too concerned about missing out on swapping infected quality beers with the group. :lol:

shouldnt be any infected as im not swapping! :lol:

shouldnt be any infected as im not swapping! :lol:

after what you told me came out of your font, it was not suprising. Either way you had a top notch lactic culture growing there fents!

Last I seen Fourstar, you didnt contribute feedback to any more than a couple of beers at the last swap. Were the other 13 infected? Am I missing something obvious re the infected comments?

I'm not sure that anyone turns up with the intention of getting drunk...
Speak for yourself there, Wolfy! ;)

Seriously though, it's a great fun day. Lots of bullshit will be spoke, lots of kegs will be emptied, and if history repeats itself, somebody will write in permanent marker on Fourstar's unconscious face.

Good thinking to book into a caravan park nearby, there's usually a big cook up the next morning to help out-of-towners soak up the alcohol, and help the host clean up the debris.

Back