Sydney Xmas New Year Small Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOW MANY BOTTLES/PEOPLE ??

• 12 bottles , 13 people (1 of each others brews)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12 bottles , 7 people(2 of each others brews)

• 6 bottles

• something else entirely

• Total voters
1. Oblomov - Belgian Golden Strong Ale
2. Barls - raspberry wheat
3. Hupnupnee - ?
4. Dogbolter - Hoe Clone
5. Josh - Belgian Wit
6. Barra - Pilsner
7. Phil - ?
8. Gulpa - American Brown (for now)
9. RedBeard - wheat (hoe clone hopefully)
10. Stephen - Bass pale ale
11. PetesBrew - Blue Mountain Lager

When is the planned swap? I am heading off to Townsville shortly for around a month so may not be able to get my beers to the planned date. If anyone is heading up my way please let me know and I'll try and arronge some form of exchange or if there is someone in Sydney willing to assist I'll try and get them down this weekend.

Any questions, please PM

Stephen

Hi Steve,

Sorry, not going up your way but Im 5 minutes from the end of the F3 if that help at all.

cheers,
Andrew

Bottled my Lager last night. This is a record low. 3.75%! Good for driving I suppose.

It's been a bit quiet here of late.
How's everyone's brews coming along?

Having a taste of my Lager this weekend, to see if it's up to standard,
but I've got a dark ale brewing at the moment as a backup.

Pete

planning on doing a second batch as i only have half a dozen stubbies left

my brew for this swap was bottled ages agon now should be well and truly bottle conditioned when it gets to you guys

Bottled two weeks ago. Since this is my first swap, I'm worried sick about my little babies. Maybe there was an infection? Is there enough yeast left for bottle conditioning? How will the clarity be? Head retention? Taste? Maybe too bitter? Maybe not enough? What if they all explode? :eek:

Bottled two weeks ago. Since this is my first swap, I'm worried sick about my little babies. Maybe there was an infection? Is there enough yeast left for bottle conditioning? How will the clarity be? Head retention? Taste? Maybe too bitter? Maybe not enough? What if they all explode? :eek:

hahaha... relaaaaax!
I'm definitely looking forward to trying your Belgian Strong Golden Ale, Ob!
I'm just hoping mine is up to scratch, and worth swapping for everyone's beauties.
Pete

im sure they will be fine mate look forward to trying it

Just trying my swap wit at the moment. It's the best looking wit I've made. Taste is okay too.

So mine will be ready to drink on the day.

Hope you all enjoy it.

dont panic oblomov , im sure your beer is just fine , and regardless thats the point of doing swaps to get some feedback of how things are , suggestions ideas etc etc ...

tried my pilsner a while back now and it was ok will definately be ready to drink come swap day which isnt that far off either ... cant remember exactly when i bottled it but its been in for about a month or more now ... i know i gotta stick come labels on them though...

Tried the lager last night, and it's good to go. Quite refreshing with the heat last night!
Gulpa, for some reason, it taste's similar to my Nelson sauvin pale ale you tried before. I'm sure you'll like it.
Probably the cascade and the pale malt extract did it.
See you all in a few weeks. :beer:

getting close now guys !!!!

lookin forward to meeting up and having a chat with all the guys involved in this swap on sunday ...

getting close now guys !!!!

lookin forward to meeting up and having a chat with all the guys involved in this swap on sunday ...
Well we got stuck into the wits on Saturday at the work xmas party. I think there might be a few still in the fridge for trying on Sunday. Otherwise it's just the bottles for the swap.

Well we got stuck into the wits on Saturday at the work xmas party. I think there might be a few still in the fridge for trying on Sunday. Otherwise it's just the bottles for the swap.

Yeah, due to a weekend of sampling my supplies are getting dangerously low. I reckon I've got about 2 batches worth of bottles to fill though!

Tried the BM Lager out on some friends, and thumbs up all round. A friend of the missus even asked for a warm one when i ran out and gave her a locally brewed Heineken... although, anything would be better than that!

Don't worry, the 12 case is still safe and ready for sunday. Looking forward to meeting up and some feedback from you guys. I'll bring my smoked belgian ale for a tasting on the day too.

Im looking forward to some new beers to try out over the Xmas holidays. Im getting bored with ones I make ;)

Ill bring a few tasters along as well.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Is it OK if I bring my SWMBO & bub along? Had a bit of an episode this week and I shouldn't be driving. It's probably because I'm really nervous about this swap ;-)

No dramas. My SWMBO will probably be here babysitting our nephew so the more the merrier.

I have a brown ale on tap I wouldn't mind you guys tasting. Very simple but I really like it. Could be a regular in my rotation during the Friday Night Football months.

Hey Guys, just got a favour to ask. I finally got a bar fridge, so now I have somewhere to store yeast starters. Yay! :)
If anyone has any starters spare, would you be keen to swap for an extra longneck of something?
I'll be happy with whatever is on offer, so I'll throw an extra bunch of longnecks in the car just in case.

Will check this thread again on Sunday morn.
Pete

Latest posts

Back