SS FV EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rambo said:
Any further feedback from those that got one of these olive oil vessels? I'm thinking of taking the plunge finally and getting one of the Sansone ones (free postage and tap). Would appreciate any advice from those that have been using them for a while now.

Cheers
I like my SS 50 l fermentor. and have fixed the tap by disassembling it and reassembling it (with lube) and swapping the o-ring off the SS bung/plug as it was thicker than the one on the tap.

I also just recently bought a Sansone 50 l and a 15 l vessel from Gumtree. The 50 l vessel is too big for a lower fridge shelf, at 50 cm diameter, and the fridge cannot close fully, which is a bugger for temp control.
Tap out let is a bit smaller on the Sansone too, and I have yet to decant the beer from it, but will do it soon, as it's kegging day

(edit: beer tastes cleaner and holds hop flavour better than in plastic, based on only a few beers brewed in it, due a period of inactivity caused by a brewery outage)

I just bought one last week..
Haven't cleaned or use it yet, but it shipped quickly and seems good quality for the price

I'm still waiting to hear back from them about what tap is included... haven't replied to my messages and haven't had time to call during work hours yet. I should be getting one as a birthday present in a couple of weeks :) Still not sure if I'll go with this one, or the winequip one though. I'll report back when I do.

SBOB said:
I just bought one last week..
Haven't cleaned or use it yet, but it shipped quickly and seems good quality for the price
Did it come with the ball valve tap that is also on their site? Might be quicker to hear from you.

Cheers

SBOB said:
Comes with this valve
http://www.theolivecentre.com/Olive-Equipment/Tank-Parts/Tap-1-2.html

I went olive centre as I think the opening at the top was larger and ordering completely online was simpler than calling to order..

One tip, make an account and sign in before buying.. It seems to lower the price a little.. (I didn't and asked them for a refund on the difference ;)
If you want to compare opening sizes, I can measure today after work, as I have one of each type (not that I'm showing off) in the 50 litre size.
Never thought I'd be owning a 50 litre fermentor, back when I started about 20 yr ago.

Les the Weizguy said:
If you want to compare opening sizes, I can measure today after work, as I have one of each type (not that I'm showing off) in the 50 litre size.
Never thought I'd be owning a 50 litre fermentor, back when I started about 20 yr ago.
Just went to the brew dungeon with my trusty 40 cm ruler Climbed over the 500l chest freezer, past the mower and the other idle fridges and opened the ferment fridge with both vessels in it... and have this to report:

Sansone lid diameter - 250 mm
AGInox (Winequip) lid diameter - 215 mm.
So, not much in it, or quite enough to make a difference in my book, and the narrower AG fustino fits better in my fridge.
*Edit - Unless you have forearms like Popeye, both appear suitable*

Thanks to this thread popping up again, I bit the bullet today and got myself another 50l and a 30l of the winequip ones..

Goodbye plastic.. Must say, never had an issue with plastic but you know.. It ain't stainless

FWIW I didn't get the tap and wish I had. I've had a good look at the taps and they're a good piece of kit. Fiddling with getting the piece of all-thread in just enough to get the ball-valve aligned right-way-up is not the type of fun I want to have, but I do it every time I pull the ball-valve off to clean it. I'm wanting to get some more of these and will definitely get their valve.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
What are they worth in 30L with tap mate?

Yob said:
Taps just over $30, (worth every penny)

30lt $126.50,

50lt $148.50
Gee, that's a bit less than what they quoted me. I was told $175 with tap (plus $25 postage to Brisbane) for the 30L one. Is this the usual walk-up price Yob, or did you get a discount cause you helped move a few of them earlier in the year (which I'm now wishing I bit the bullet with).

Latest posts

Back