SS FV EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dave doran said:
How do these go for atttaching flexible tube to the tap for bottling or kegging?
No idea as I got a 1\2" ss nipple\ball valve\barb combo instead of the (optional) ss tap.

Only thing I don't like about the above is that the thread tape has to be replaced after cleaning, but that's only a minor hassle when I think of the benefits of ss fermenting. :super:

I knew I forgot something... :ph34r:

Yeah that'd be mine. I'll text you later regarding to pick it and the SN glasses up on saturday morning.

Bridges said:
Yeah that'd be mine. I'll text you later regarding to pick it and the SN glasses up on saturday morning.
My Gosh, get ur act together. Time to ferment a brew in the new bling.

I've got a mangrove jacks stainless already, and due to my poor time management/chronic procrastination/flat out with work, I haven't done anything brew related for a month, I'm trying to fix that by building a stand and catcher from a big w pot for my marga mill today and then brew day tomorrow arvo.

Stand done, marga ready to fire. Unfortunately then the plumbing at my place backed up. Just finished using a 3000psi water jet thingo to unclog the tree roots from my sewer. Not fun, respect to all the plumbers, literally a shit job. So no brew yet and now even after a shower i'm not feeling up to brewing. Would taking a bath in starsan be a good option at this point?

Yob said:
Brilliant, silicone tube fits snug over the tap spout
I put the tube on the spout the other night, to rack beer into another vessel, off the yeast cake.

As I turned the tap around, it started to leak. Only lost about 100 ml of Vienna lager, and turned the tap up again, stemming the flow to a trickle. Any hints to what happened? The tap is/was secure in the fermentor.

looks like the spout, and my bock volume is slowly getting smaller. Surely the o-ring would stop it leaking from the thread?

Should have done an overnight leak test before pitching actual beer.

BTW, got the Vienna into the 26l Brew Bucket for lagering

This thing is so wide around that yo mamma need big like heat belt to go around it. Running out of cord length... FWP.

Les the Weizguy said:
looks like the spout, and my bock volume is slowly getting smaller. Surely the o-ring would stop it leaking from the thread?

Should have done an overnight leak test before pitching actual beer.

BTW, got the Vienna into the 26l Brew Bucket for lagering
Simple question but you did turn the valve in the correct direction?
Turning anticlockwise (i think) would loosen the nut and leak. I tried it out when i was sanitising mine. One direction it leaked. turned it the other way and it didnt.

dave doran said:
Simple question but you did turn the valve in the correct direction?
Turning anticlockwise (i think) would loosen the nut and leak. I tried it out when i was sanitising mine. One direction it leaked. turned it the other way and it didnt.
G'day Dave,

The tap is not the Sansone stainless tap, and only opens by screwing the end outward, and the tap rotates on the central spindle (which is secure in the FV.

Pic here http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/80460-next-new-ss-fermenter/?p=1179818

Sorry Les, not had mine apart yet so cant add much by way of potential faults.. just chucked mine in the pressure cooker to Sterilize..

Ah yes. Sorry les. Was getting confused with the brew bucket.
With that have you a o ring on the inner wall?

The tap actually screws into a welded socket, so there's only one O-ring on that, and the assembly doesn't appear to leak when the tap is closed.

I will wash and sanitise the fermentor, and reinstall the S/S bung. I hardly ever pull samples out. Maybe boil the tap later and cool in iodophor solution.

Any further feedback from those that got one of these olive oil vessels? I'm thinking of taking the plunge finally and getting one of the Sansone ones (free postage and tap). Would appreciate any advice from those that have been using them for a while now.

Cheers

Back