SS FV EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEGEND !

Tomorrow would be good. I'll text about a convenient time.

Don't think I will be able to make it down your side of town tomorrow.

Also no hurry for me. Best of luck to your friend.

Sat arvo should be fine for me.
Like I said, I am not really in a hurry, just don't want to clutter your place up unnecessarily. I will not be using it for my current brew as I want to ferment that tonight.
I will message you later in the week to discuss Sat if that is ok?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1404815410.998940.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1404815431.815869.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1404815447.348101.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1404815462.631859.jpg

Got my shiny thing...happy days.

If I wasn't so knackered and up at 5am, I'd give my 007 starter a feed on 23l of smoked ESB wort in it. It'll wait 'til tomorrow.

Thanks again to Yob !

Will get as many done today as I can manage, should get most if not all done, I'll have to pass along tracking numbers to those without emails on the spreadsheet.

Sorry for the delay lads, thanks for understanding

Yob said:
Will get as many done today as I can manage, should get most if not all done, I'll have to pass along tracking numbers to those without emails on the spreadsheet.

Sorry for the delay lads, thanks for understanding
No apologies neccessary, you've gone above and beyond with this bulk buy, many thanks.

nifty said:
No apologies neccessary, you've gone above and beyond with this bulk buy, many thanks.
+1.

The big question is: -What is your first brew for the new SS FV? I hope to get malt this week for a 44 litre batch of Altbier, or maybe a Kölsch. Will ferment in the same temp-controlled ferment chamber (heated fridge) with the passionfruit lager on the Cal Common yeast.

Maybe the cubed Hunter United Brewers Club Barleywine should be first cab off the rank, as it's been waiting a while. Was planning W1318 (English III) yeast for a unique beer.

I think the s.g was about 1.100. The 2 litre yeast culture may need to be upsized for the big beer. Was brewed at Potter's Brewery. Always a top day out.

...and then a Weizenbock, and a Belgian pale, and then...

Just cleaned mine after it's maiden ESB.

Splash, splash.
Perc, perc.
Rinse, rinse.
Shiny, shiny.

Done.

A nice shiny 50lt fermentor was waiting for me at home this arvo, thanks Yob.

Won't get a chance to use until next monday.

Cha-ching!

SS FV and barleywine.jpg

About 22 litres of 1.100 barleywine wort (brewed at Potters, Nulkaba).

Should I not be excited?

Yob said:
Im excited for you if you arent :lol:
Yep, I'm definitely excited.
Now I have no excuse for not fermenting the cubes I have lying about. Just build a yeast culture.

Just remembered that I have a cube of Gonzo Porter clone. Look forward to growing up some Flying dog yeast from the mother culture in the fridge.

Gee, and a I²PA clone from long ago. Need the Pacman yeast. Will contact my Wyeast man, he always comes up with the goods.

Back