SS FV EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems difficult to get traction on orders less than 50 or 100... A mate sent an email from a 'new' account and got a prompt reply...

This one's wearing me down.

SS Pot.JPG

$110.70 for a 44 quart (41l)

dunno about shipping, need to contact them.. they sure are pretty though..

they also have larger.. 8 and 10 gallon brew ware

10 gallon.jpg

:icon_drool2:

My kettle is a 62 QT Bayou Classic Yob. They are a great pot, somewhere between the cheaper eBay pots and some of the better quality stuff around. The handles have developed the odd spot of rust but the pot itself is pretty indestructible.

It's not on my ebay history so I must have bought it through another channel. I think all up it was around $160 AU shipped. This was when the Aussie dollar was roughly 1:1 USD from memory. I remember posting something about it here when I got it. I'll see if I can track it down.

Ok found it.

$156 all up from Amazon.

Nice find, the 50 litre one is used by a certain homebrewing company as a milk can boiler :ph34r:

Not cheap either last order I did it was 20-30 bucks for four books, wouldnt want to know what it would be for a pot

just punched it in to see what it would be, $141 to sunshine coast, total cost

Ive got my name down for a chronical, better start saving my pennies

Yob said:
BOOOM!!!

I rekon this is the go.. probably land for $100 (I think the free shipping is US only?)

AMAZON LINK
There is no lid seal, though. Not the best for a fermentor, although I could cope with a cling wrap seal.

Keep looking, I reckon. Have you contacted Winequip about the olive fustis, or is the size not adequate?

I'd be happy with a 30 litre S/S vessel of a suitable build. I have put down a deposit for one of the Brew buckets from NewEra as I figure I can sell it again if it's not suitable. They are 26 litres and I'm not entirely keen to down-size my batches.

Keep the faith, and put me down for one or two of the 30-35 litre fermentors.

If there are enough taker, I'd be quite happy with these, from earlier (lael).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hay Les, I too was drooling a bit over the bucket but I dont think it has a dump valve which got me to thinking that I should just stick to something a bit more simple, not as blingy but essentially doing the same thing.

I did ring W.E. a week or so ago but they were in the middle of a stock take and Ive not rang back to date, will do this week.

:icon_cheers:

Yob said:
Hay Les, I too was drooling a bit over the bucket but I dont think it has a dump valve which got me to thinking that I should just stick to something a bit more simple, not as blingy but essentially doing the same thing.

I did ring W.E. a week or so ago but they were in the middle of a stock take and Ive not rang back to date, will do this week.

:icon_cheers:
The Brew Bucket certainly has a few shortcomings, such as volume, lack of bottom/dump valve and not a true conical.
It does however feature a racking valve and rotating racking arm that is upgradable to a longer arm, that will be available.
You may be able siphon off a yeast sample, but the rotating arm will not be long enough (or probably big enough) to dump the dead yeast and trub.

Not sure I could find the money for another Brew Bucket, and so I'm keen to pursue other avenues, here.

Back