SS FV EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaunous said:
I've been sitting back watching y'all talk, and I'm hearing ya Mardoo.

If I was going to spend the money on the olive oil pot i'd be spending another few $$$ and getting the brew bucket, this seems no brainier to me, but I also feel for that money the brew bucket needs a little tap squashed right on the bottom of the conical.

This aliexpress fermenter your posting lael sounds like a go.
My problem with the brew bucket is it's size, volume is too small and the size of the brew bucket is too large. I need to fit two fermenters into one fridge.
I agree the aliexpress fermenter has it's merits as well.

It's not an easy choice.

Batz

lael said:
ok, I got a photo of the weldlines for the aliexpress fermenters. They look great. These images aren't full size, but show what they look like. I measured up, and I can fit 3 in my 300L or in my 500L upright freezers (The width means you can't fit more than one per shelf).

Anyone interested? 35cm dia and height = 33.67L (depending on what the actual ID is. 35cm tends to be the outer rim of the pot, not the ID in my experience).

Alternative is the more narrow, tall pot that I posted about earlier. I'll take a photo and post it. The one I am currently fermenting in is 30dia x 60high. Unsure if we can get as good a price on shipping and per item though.
Did you ask about shipping of multiple units?

Batz

Les the Weizguy said:
Is this what you're asking about, Batz?
By the time it gets shipped on to me I wonder if there would be much of a saving? Also I'll like it without the crappy stuff in the lid.

Batz

Re the brewbucket,

Too small, no dump valve, sure it's bling (sort of) but TBH, will it make a difference to the beer? unlikely.

I make a mess out of my coopers FV all the time so a vessel of 50l will suit my needs better.

I also prefer to support a local company where we.have defect coverage... Not to mention we get them sooner

Agree with you Yob. I had my name down for 2 x Brew Buckets, which will let me brew my standard 36 litre brew. The Chronical 17, which is the next size up, is too big and expensive.I am cancelling my eoi of the brew bucket in favour of this. I currently brew in 2 x 24 litre S/S pots. It works well but I also need to be able to have multiple brews on the go, so I need another fermenter. I also siphon. Old fashioned I know, but its a habit I got into when I was no chilling, those plastic taps are just a pita, But I'm happy to try the S/S version for this one. I also cling wrap the top and use a home made laccy band to hold the the wrap in place
I'm also very happy to buy local, as I did for my S/S pots. I paid overs for them, but took them home that day after looking at the quality of them and being happy.
Appreciate the effort that has gone into this yob and others. I do like yobs bulk buys. Well researched and great communication. He's a glutton for punishment.
Cheers
LB

I'd also like to point out that this was happening well before the Brewbucket came on the market or was even openly discussed.

Its dragged it's heels a bit but in reality this has been more complicated than other bulk buys.

Yob said:
Re the brewbucket,

Too small, no dump valve, sure it's bling (sort of) but TBH, will it make a difference to the beer? unlikely.

I make a mess out of my coopers FV all the time so a vessel of 50l will suit my needs better.

I also prefer to support a local company where we.have defect coverage... Not to mention we get them sooner
Not sure about getting them sooner. The Brew Buckets are due in a week or two. I still have one on order, and if I don't like it, I hope it will have good resale value. Will have to adjust my batch size until I figure which fermentor I like better.

Certainly a complicated bulk buy, as so many opinions and personal tastes to be catered for. I'm so glad we're this close now.

50L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Yob: 1
PK: 1 + ss tap
MB: 2 (pending shipping/size)
Surly: 1 (pending size/info)
LagerBomb: 1 + SS Tap
Jez: 1 including tap
balconybrewer 2 + 2 ss taps (pending shipping to 2444(any other midnorth coasters?))
CoopsOz: 1 plus SS tap
Les the Weizguy: 1 + SS tap

Total: 11

30L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Danwood: 1 plus SS tap
Bridges: 1 (from the previous page, if still relevant)
Mattress: 2 plus SS tap x 2
Tateg : 1 plus SS tap
TidalPete: 1 plus SS tap (Pending shipping costs to 4575)
Batz : 2 plus SS taps (Pending shipping to 4571)
Total: 8

30L Aliexpress

(X)

I'm in Medowie, north of Newcastle, Balconybrewer. Probably not mid enough, but may be useful.

50L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Surly: 1 (pending size/info)
balconybrewer 2 + 2 ss taps (pending shipping to 2444(any other midnorth coasters?))

Total: 11

30L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Total: 8

30L Aliexpress - ok. Doing this. Not definite which one, but put down EOI if you are pretty sure. Lael

Lael - 4
PeteQ - 2

Batz said:
By the time it gets shipped on to me I wonder if there would be much of a saving? Also I'll like it without the crappy stuff in the lid.

Batz
Would you prefer the plain pot one?

Photo's

1.jpg

inside at base

2.jpg

inside base closer

3.jpg

30lt outside

4.jpg

inside spots where handle is attached

5.jpg

handles outside

6.jpg

discolourisation from the tap weld, not an issue he says

7.jpg

50lt outside

8.jpg

sanitary welds inside

9.jpg

silicone seal for the lid.. meh

10.jpg

side by side 30 and 50l

He's reluctant to post them as we are getting wholesale, I dont blame him really.. so that leaves me with either adding a delivery to me or picking them up which will add a marginal cost either way, if I'm to pick them up it may be a couple of trips.

I'll need to sort out post codes so I can get a courier costing done or sort out the Aus post rates, insurance on that is up to you guys.

Anywhoo, theres all the info I have to date

:icon_cheers:

Good work Yob.
Were you happy with what you saw?

Changed my order to a 30L one. Is quite rare for me to have an overflow and need to be more careful with my money.

50L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Total: 10

30L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Surly: 1 plus SS tap
Total: 9

30L Aliexpress - ok. Doing this. Not definite which one, but put down EOI if you are pretty sure. Lael

Lael - 4
PeteQ - 2

Thanks Yob, you didn't find out where the 50lt/30lt mark would be?

Cheers for your help.

Batz

lael said:
Would you prefer the plain pot one?
No I want the oil drums, they look so sexy!

surly said:
Good work Yob.
Were you happy with what you saw?
more than happy enough mate, they are going to be an asset to the brewery, sadly I wouldnt fit 2 in the CC fridge but can in the Fermenting fridge so Im limiting myself to 1, but I can usually make do with a single ferment at a time.

Batz, from memory, he said to the neck, I'll ring him Monday to confirm that though.

Oh yes, I asked him about the stove top and or burner for cleaning and he didnt think its required but you could if you wanted, you would have to be careful though as the SS taps and the bungs both have silicone or rubber or somesuch seals.. (cant recall his words)

hmmm... should I ask about replacement seals as well?

My thoughts were that I wouldnt be putting it on the burner, I dont feel there is a need, I'll probably just treat it as I do my current FV's and Sodium Perk, fill, rinse when I can be arsed (day/week/sometime) later

Cheers

Latest posts

Back