SS FV EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still planning on using it for single batches so will be moving about as per normal but is a good future proof if I happen to change my mind down the track

Yob said:
I'm still planning on using it for single batches so will be moving about as per normal but is a good future proof if I happen to change my mind down the track
Same for me too. My batch size is currently about 25 litres, but I am flexible on volume, and could look at occasional double batches.

I still have no capacity to pump beer about the place, although I'm sure I could siphon or gravity drain from fridge/ FV direct into keg,
My brewery is no longer in the house and some heavy carrying will be involved if I choose to bottle any beer

Les the Weizguy said:
My brewery is no longer in the house and some heavy carrying will be involved if I choose to bottle any beer decide I have far too much time on my hands
lol..

I have to bottle a full batch on the weekend and Im not looking forward to it really.. Ive gotten quite used to the process being 10 minutes and Im back on the couch beer in hand :lol:

Back to topical stuff..

Im hoping to get an hour spare to go in to see these over the weekend or possibly monday if I dont get the chance on the weekend, (a good reason for a day off yeah?)

I just want to have a look at them in the flesh and see if they will come to a postage arrangement with us. Will take the camera with me if I do.

:icon_cheers:

Great, can you try to find out the 50lt mark Yob?

The reason I ask is I'd like to brew 50lt and I'm worried about head room.

Batz

Updated my order, I'm worried about head room with the 50lt. ( I brew 50lt batches)

Posted Yesterday, 09:13 PM
Please update totals when adding your request*

50L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Yob: 1
PK: 1 + ss tap
MB: 2 (pending shipping/size)
Surly: 1 (pending size/info)
LagerBomb: 1 (pending if yob wants to ship Tassie)
Jez: 1 including tap
balconybrewer 2 (pending shipping to 2444(any other midnorth coasters?))
CoopsOz: 1 plus SS tap
Les the Weizguy: 1 + SS tap

Total: 11

30L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Danwood: 1 plus SS tap
Bridges: 1 (from the previous page, if still relevant)
Mattress: 2 plus SS tap x 2
Tateg : 1 plus SS tap
TidalPete: 1 plus SS tap (Pending shipping costs to 4575)
Batz : 2 plus SS taps (Pending shipping to 4571)
Total: 8

30L Aliexpress

(X)

Edited format and cleaned up a touch, few questions

#Mattress is that 2 and 2 taps?

#PF, not sure I understand mate, can you adjust when you can? - done, I'm right under you. Not in that way you sicko.

*Please update totals when adding your interest*

50L Oil Drums (Winequip)

LagerBomb: 1 (pending if yob wants to ship Tassie)

30L Oil Drums (Winequip)

30L Aliexpress

(X)

*Please remove this line and below from next entry*
Just a bit of formatting and cleaning up

*Please update totals when adding your interest*

50L Oil Drums (Winequip)

LagerBomb: 1 + SS Tap

30L Oil Drums (Winequip)

30L Aliexpress

(X)

Damn. I like the look of the 50l but have depleted the brewery account into the red.

Yob, do you have a rough idea of when this is likely to proceed? If it's likely to take a few weeks to go ahead I'll definitely be up for a 50l and ss tap. Obviously it's still in the EOI stage but would hate to miss out.

Dang. I might be cutting it fine. I may need to pimp myself over the next couple of weeks. But with Cocko overseas I may struggle with clientele. Watch this space.

Yob said:
Looking at 2 weeks I think mate
Woohoo! I have another payday before then. Should be enough money in the kitty. May have enough left over for petrol and food too!

The water/electricity/ rates bills must be close to being issued again. I'm so glad I can afford to make my own beer...

I might have to wait to ferment my next cube of RIS til this goes ahead.

My O2 kit will have turned up by then too. And I'll re-animate my rinsed whole yeast cake of 007 from a previous Brown ale.

I love it when a plan comes together !

Just wondering if winequip in adelaide might be able to let me pick up from them direct?

ok, I got a photo of the weldlines for the aliexpress fermenters. They look great. These images aren't full size, but show what they look like. I measured up, and I can fit 3 in my 300L or in my 500L upright freezers (The width means you can't fit more than one per shelf).

Anyone interested? 35cm dia and height = 33.67L (depending on what the actual ID is. 35cm tends to be the outer rim of the pot, not the ID in my experience).

Alternative is the more narrow, tall pot that I posted about earlier. I'll take a photo and post it. The one I am currently fermenting in is 30dia x 60high. Unsure if we can get as good a price on shipping and per item though.

seamlines_inside.jpg

seamlines_outside.jpg

outside.jpg

inside.jpg

ok, here is the pic of the tall, thin pot I'm currently fermenting in 30diax60cm high - only ~25L in there (capacity = ~42L) but can't fit two on one of my big freezer shlelves (can squeeze two of the brew cellars with a little pushing and flexing and they are 28cm dia.

Put a rim of silicone hose around the rim. So far, very very good. Brew Cellar 30L fermenter on top shelf for comparison.

As noted above - still waiting on pricing in bulk for these - they have them in 550mm if that is preferred.

aliexpresspot01.jpg

Mardoo said:
I kind of prefer the same-width mouth on those to the slightly narrower one on the olive cans. Hmmm...
I've been sitting back watching y'all talk, and I'm hearing ya Mardoo.

If I was going to spend the money on the olive oil pot i'd be spending another few $$$ and getting the brew bucket, this seems no brainier to me, but I also feel for that money the brew bucket needs a little tap squashed right on the bottom of the conical.

This aliexpress fermenter your posting lael sounds like a go.

Latest posts

Back