SS FV EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance the winequip in adelaide and them will honour each other's price and let me pick up local?

Else you can hold onto mine till I pick it up from you.

Yob said:
I'll ask when I speak to him Monday mate
Yob would you brew 50lt in the 50lt? Or is head room an issue?

Batz

Shit Batz, I have headroom trouble in a 35 Lt coopers drum with my 23lt ferments.. One of the reasons I'm going for the 50lt over the 30lt :)

Could easily fit a grommet and a blow off tube though if desired.

I plan on doing 42-44L in the 50L.

I'm currently putting through 21-22L in a 23L carboy, it's a bit of a tight fit but the English yeast haven't caused overt concern yet. This'd be fun.

practicalfool said:
I plan on doing 42-44L in the 50L.

I'm currently putting through 21-22L in a 23L carboy, it's a bit of a tight fit but the English yeast haven't caused overt concern yet. This'd be fun.
That's why I moved to 30 litre fermentors. 23 l is too small, or it was at the time. Also left behind any fermentor with a tap: breeding ground for troubles.

A bit scared to move to 40+ litre batches, due to history of bad batches when I try to go big.

Looks like I have people at work interested in tasting my 25 l Yorkie already. Is it illegal to charge cost? Offtopic/ ignore!

BTW, Yob, you didn't tell me you made a Pliny clone...(I have been reading tonight, after my Coopers Vintage Batch 3, and the Murray's Wild Thing RIS: good Winter drinking.)

Edit: Looking forward to 40 litre batches of Schneider Weisse clone, and maybe large batches of Berliner Weisse (that will test the fermentor, eh?)

surly said:
Anyone else get the feeling that Batz is desperately trying to make this work?
Your not wrong there surly, in a perfect world I'll like four 30lt jobbies, but that's not going to happen.

I would like to get away with having two 50lt's, but I don't want limited head space either. :unsure: :unsure:

It a hard one.

Batz

Batz said:
Your not wrong there surly, in a perfect world I'll like four 30lt jobbies, but that's not going to happen.

I would like to get away with having two 50lt's, but I don't want limited head space either. :unsure: :unsure:

It a hard one.

Batz
Hey Batz, is the option of 4 of the Alixexpres 30 litre vessels appealing in any way? Round about the same price or less than 2 X 50 litre fustis.

surly said:
Good work Yob.
Were you happy with what you saw?

Changed my order to a 30L one. Is quite rare for me to have an overflow and need to be more careful with my money.

50L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Yob: 1
PK: 1 + ss tap
MB: 2 + 2 ss taps (pending shipping/size)
LagerBomb: 1 + SS Tap
Jez: 1 including tap
balconybrewer 2 + 2 ss taps (pending shipping to 2444(any other midnorth coasters?))
CoopsOz: 1 plus SS tap
Les the Weizguy: 1 + SS tap

Total: 10

30L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Danwood: 1 plus SS tap
Bridges: 1 (from the previous page, if still relevant)
Mattress: 2 plus SS tap x 2
Tateg : 1 plus SS tap
TidalPete: 1 plus SS tap (Pending shipping costs to 4575)
Batz : 2 plus SS taps (Pending shipping to 4571)
Surly: 1 plus SS tap
Total: 9

30L Aliexpress - ok. Doing this. Not definite which one, but put down EOI if you are pretty sure. Lael

Lael - 4
PeteQ - 2
ahhh hell had to add the taps in they is just so f@#$en shiny

I'll send out a pm tmoz, if folks can give me post codes I'll try to do some costings for delivery this week.

Where might we be picking them up from? I'm out east.

50L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Yob: 1
PK: 1 + ss tap
MB: 2 + 2 ss taps (pending shipping/size)
LagerBomb: 1 + SS Tap
Jez: 1 including tap
balconybrewer 2 + 2 ss taps (pending shipping to 2444(any other midnorth coasters?))
CoopsOz: 1 plus SS tap
Les the Weizguy: 1 + SS tap
Martrix: 1 + SS tap (3139)

Total: 11

30L Oil Drums (Winequip)

Danwood: 1 plus SS tap
Bridges: 1 (from the previous page, if still relevant)
Mattress: 2 plus SS tap x 2
Tateg : 1 plus SS tap
TidalPete: 1 plus SS tap (Pending shipping costs to 4575)
Batz : 2 plus SS taps (Pending shipping to 4571)
Surly: 1 plus SS tap
Total: 9

30L Aliexpress - ok. Doing this. Not definite which one, but put down EOI if you are pretty sure. Lael

Lael - 4
PeteQ - 2

If I can find out from Steve the volume height I still may change my order to 50lt jobs. He's going to check it out when it's finished brewing.

Batz

What sort of $aving are we talking here as opposed to buying a single unit at retail price?

Back