Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of pics of my little backyard brewery. Looks pretty innocent from the outside....
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406877769.347915.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406877817.660722.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406877849.543740.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406877879.348224.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406877917.748147.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406877941.379423.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406877979.921045.jpg
Just turned the fridge on to start crash chilling an ipa I brewed 12 days ago.

I've got a corner of my shed sectioned off. Just upgraded the small system to a 50L keggle system. I can get 44 Litres into the fermentor. Its all insulated now but this is a good before shot. The bar is down at the house.
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG

Cheers
Matty

pilgrimspiss said:
I've got a corner of my shed sectioned off. Just upgraded the small system to a 50L keggle system. I can get 44 Litres into the fermentor. Its all insulated now but this is a good before shot. The bar is down at the house.
attachicon.gif
Capture1.JPG
attachicon.gif
Capture2.JPG
attachicon.gif
Capture3.JPG

Cheers
Matty
Nope not good enough,you need to spend more money and build an enclosure over your brewing area to keep dust etc out.:).

Love the pergola/ bar. ( happy area)
Cheers....spog...

love this thread! gonna have to get the wide angle lens to capture some of my mancave magic!

Kingy said:
brewery down one side , half brewery half work bench the other, storage and chicken coop construction the other. ( note chicken coop roof being dismantled so it fits out out the garsge door )
You got your priorities wrong,the chooks are in a palace . ;)

The poor old hot house (sans roof) had to go, about a month ago, me and a mate put a "lid" over it with the idea being that I would knock out the end wall to make a shed 'extension' out of it.

Mostly for gardening stuff and general storage to free up space in the brewery side of the shed for more important things.

Part A was to build a new Bench and grain storage in the brewery side, to get the grains out from under the bench in the Cold side part of the brewery, I wasnt milling in there but I would often weigh the grains out and it was starting to bug me... so the old couch that was on the wall (only ever used at case swaps) has been (sadly) ditched and a new bench installed.

Bench and Grain Storage.jpg

Grain Storage

Bench and Storage II.jpg

Then came the demolition

Before 1.jpg

Before 2.jpg

Had the sparkie in last week to install a light in the 'extension' and so after a little bit of framing, cutting some Cement Sheet and some shelving brackets Ive got

After 1.jpg

Ive still got to do a similar job to the other wall and add the shelving, rebuild the benches in there, level the floor around the massive old tree stump the hot house was built on (takes up half the floor area in there)

After 2.jpg

Clearly it still needs a good tidy up, but hay, its a building site and a work in progress.. as the whole house has been since we took possession (but we wanted that)

Following that, I'll be doing the side wall of the shed, also adding benches and storage etc. and then replacing / renovating the whole face of the shed... hopefully before September or it will have to wait till 2017 ;)

Ha, rats are good sport for the cat :)

Yeah grott, building myself into the space nicely, if I has a week off with the wife and bub away I could finish it, maybe I should send them off to a retreat for a week and just get it done ;)

It wasn't the first time that I've wished to be in Melbourne for offers that come up.... Gumtree and ebay is the worst, everything seems to be in VIC!

Latest posts

Back