Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The contrast in this pic is a little big average, but it shows what I'm trying to do. I like it all nice and low so I can wheel it around easily without the Braumeister, pump and chiller taking up too much room. This also puts the Brau right at about waist height so its easy to load with grain and stir and check up on things. I prefer to have it down low rather that having to lift all the grain etc up to shoulder height.

In the background you can see the grain storage, mill, and other incidentals lying around that I use for brewing...

Hope you guys like it!

Brau.jpg

Getting antsy about moving into our new place in 5 weeks, can't wait to add to this thread. Have a shed/garage that will be the dedicated brew space with a little room for tools and general garage type stuff.

You can see part of it in this pic.
image.jpg

Yep, it's a pretty good feeling. Looks like your on quite a steep mountain slope though.

DSC_0293.JPG

A bit of tinkering last night, a rather complex levelling and support system in place for the new bench tops to keep the benches open for storage under. I need to get the other bench tops in today so I can get my brewery cleaned up again

The whole thing was greatly helped along with quite a bit of mardoo's dry stout

So the studded pitch and associated framing/walling; your saving that for the second story to the brew cave Yob?

Here's mine sort of sorted but some ******* put a pool table right in the middle
20150413_1035211.jpg
20150413_1035391.jpg

And I fixed the Keger to be more useful
20150413_1802531.jpg
And yeah that's a surround sound amp for brew day tunes (when the V8's or cricket ain't on)

Just spent the morning laying the conduit for the 3ph 40A supply to what will be the brewing shed. Concrete to be poured on Monday and I'm stinging to get back into some brewing..

Closer... Probably good enough to start moving stuff back in, still need to clad up the end and side, add the cladding and shelf on the right.. Should finish it next Friday night

DSC_0305.JPG

Doesn't look very exciting but I'm stoked with the progress.
We moved earlier in the year and down sized. My previous shed was 12m x 18m. My current shed in 6m x 6m. No power on it either. Hence the trench. Should see the conduit laid in a few days time.
My 3 tap keezer is waiting patiently.
WP_20150425_15_21_27_Proh.jpg

Nibbo said:
Doesn't look very exciting but I'm stoked with the progress.
We moved earlier in the year and down sized. My previous shed was 12m x 18m. My current shed in 6m x 6m. No power on it either. Hence the trench. Should see the conduit laid in a few days time.
My 3 tap keezer is waiting patiently.
attachicon.gif
WP_20150425_15_21_27_Proh.jpg
Whoa,you got ripped off ! :)
Down sizing is what it is but going from the huge shed you had,to one a hell of a lot smaller , dunno if I could do it, I wouldnt have enough room to store all my junk.

spog said:
Whoa,you got ripped off ! :)
Down sizing is what it is but going from the huge shed you had,to one a hell of a lot smaller , dunno if I could do it, I wouldnt have enough room to store all my junk.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Cleaning out the shed was harder than cleaning out the house.

I'm just excited to finally park in the garage once I can move the brew gear out into the shed.

snapped a few pics today of my new indoor & electrified Battleaxe Brewery. It was cold and windy outside under the carport today, where I used to brew, but I was warm and _productive_ inside :)

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

and my new 'dust free' mill

IMG_0470.JPG

Air conditioned brew space!! I'm sure there's a rule some where that says you've gone pro once you have AC in your brew area. Seriously love your work... lost for words

cheers mate, haven't had to use the AC yet, but I'm sure I will come next summer. it was a LOT of work, but I am absolutely loving it now. I've hard plumbed everything in, including a drain line. so I turn a tap and fill my pots. turn another to run the CFC. then flip a valve and drain it all. don't have to move my kettles anymore, which my creaky back is loving.

Latest posts

Back