Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grott said:
Where are we at now? Bulk buys, cubes, fermenting taken over?
would you believe I had to waste half a day for a 2 year olds birthday party? :huh: :blink:

None the less..

Before today the ground in there was a mess, pretty much not usable, uneven, shit, there was even a plant growing in part of it..

Before.jpg

Half a meter of crushed rock, painfully wheel barrowed up from the drive and I have this..

After.jpg

The bastards dropped off about a cunbic meter, so now I need to come up witha plan as yo what to use it for, Ive got some ideas to enhance this area but it's getting the time to do it.. Ive got a working Bee planned next weekend to remove the last of the asbestos cladding and re clad the side of the shed, maybe I can get it started at the same time.

Piccies to follow

sponge said:
Just spent the morning laying the conduit for the 3ph 40A supply to what will be the brewing shed. Concrete to be poured on Monday and I'm stinging to get back into some brewing..
Slab poured last week and should have the shed installed this week.

Still need to get around to doing my control panel mods.. this to-do list just keeps growing.

Ya just got to be honest with yourself it will never be finished. Even when it is there will be something you want to change. Its always going to be a work in progress lol.
P.s 40 amps would be awesome. Ill get there one day. Wish the house didnt need new gutters its holding up my progress.

Had a few too many for working tomorrow meself Kingy. Gotta christen
the new potbelly in the shed [emoji14]

Kingy said:
Ya just got to be honest with yourself it will never be finished. Even when it is there will be something you want to change. Its always going to be a work in progress lol.
P.s 40 amps would be awesome. Ill get there one day. Wish the house didnt need new gutters its holding up my progress.
Seeing as though I sold off my old brewery before moving into our new place I really need to pull my finger out on the mods to the control panel and the new pots so I can brew ASAP.

I have big dreams for a new control panel in the future, but right now I just want to get it running by modifying the panel I have now.

15kW of heating elements, along with the other brew gear, should use up the supply quite nicely.

yes, certainly! pouring concrete is one of my least favorite things to do.

Wheel barrow mixed... One of my first jobs was a brikkies labourer, used to mix mud for 2 brikkies by hand if it was an unpowered site.. No way I could do it these days.

Yob said:
Wheel barrow mixed... One of my first jobs was a brikkies labourer, used to mix mud for 2 brikkies by hand if it was an unpowered site.. No way I could do it these days.
yep know how that goes and probably some of why I can't pick up my 4yo without proper care, back has been out for a few months and looks to be a few more before coming good. Though I was in landscaping.

MastersBrewery said:
. Though I was in landscaping.
I was in landscaping once, I remember crawling and vomiting in said landscape.

Wife laughing the whole time.

Good times. :kooi:

Still did a good job Yob. You reminded me of early days when I worked for a plumbing mob, they used to call me "back-hoe" as it was my job to do all the digging where back-hoe's couldn't get. (struggle to lift the pick now).
Cheers

well.. there goes the day

1.JPG

Internal Before shot

2.JPG

After internal Shot

3.JPG

After External shot

4.JPG

Other side of the brewery before

5.JPG

Other side of the brewery after

next... the front wall.. still need to be rid of the enormous amount of waste im generating.. will be a day just to fill the skip I think. -_-

...and to build the tank stand along the wall I just replaced.. and...

Latest posts

Back