SE QLD Xmas-in-28th of June 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still having a cleanout & have two of these bottle drainers to give away.
If anybody wants them they can collect from me or I can bring down to the swap.
Each drainer will hold 24 tallies or PETs.

Bottle Drier.JPG

angus_grant said:
I think one night of "living there" will be enough for this little black duck. At least until the next one. :ph34r: :beer: :party: :chug:

Speaking of which: what is the go with over-night stays? Bit too expensive to get a cab home at whenever the hell I finish up. Was there mention of an RSL car-park next door? Do they mind if I pitch a tent up on their lawns? :)

Edit: just went back and read Winkle's first post. Grassy car-park next door so I shall bring my small one man tent.
You can pitch the tent in the front of the house, should be safe there - or risk a swag in the bar (and Incider)

TidalPete said:
I'm still having a cleanout & have two of these bottle drainers to give away.
If anybody wants them they can collect from me or I can bring down to the swap.
Each drainer will hold 24 tallies or PETs.
Pete, I'd love to take you up on your generous offer. At the swap willk do.

It's really about time I turned up to one of these shindigs again, Perry I apologise in advance for the fire / ambo / police calls due to any involvement I may or not have. For legal purposes, my official statement is "I cannot recall" (seems to work for politicians) :beerbang:.

Adding myself to the swap list:

STANDARD WARNING ABOUT USING 750ML PET BOTTLES (PLEASE KEEP THIS HERE).
1) Winkle, Hogshead Triple d'Houblon * (probable) or an Apricot Sour.
2) Beersuit.
3) Benken25
4) Earle (swapping but won't be able to attend)
5) Bradsbrew -
6) Robv
7) Liam_snorkel
8 ) lukiferj
9) Parks - I have 6 months to perfect an AIPA for this - you guys like AIPAs, right?
10) Daemon - Mocha Porter
11) Angus - beer
12) Jameson- scotch ale
13) ballantynebrew
14) TheCarbinator
15) NickB - probably something infected
16) Snow - "Batzlove" Imperial Witbier
17) Aydos - Blueberry and Black peppercorn Belgian stout.
18 ) Maxbroner
19) leahy268 - Will attempt to come in the swap again at the very least. - Not sure yet if I'll be able to come along though.
20) Donske - Rye Dark Mild
21) tazman1967 - Kraken Rum Oak Aged Stout
22) madpierre - If I may join the festivities, something beery and basic and depending on how future work roster holds up, for the moment I am in though

Attending (Not Swapping)
1) Gavo - Too lazy to swap
2) TidalPete -- Why do I keep on doing this to myself? :ph34r: Gotta bed Perry? :)
4) kegs23
5) Ross - Might be tied up with our brewery bar opening, but if not, I'm in.
6) Florian

+ Keg of something.

I will be devoiding some of your concrete of being exposed to the elements for the night and rolling out a swag, can't wait to catch up with everyone and having a great night.

Bloody hell, we still have 22 in the swap :O.
Best get brewing for this I guess, if you lot are unlucky lucky there might be a buckwheat black wheat beer on tap (tart as bro).

I am thinking a dunkelweizen but seeing as I have never brewed one before (or done step mashing) I will have a fall back of an APA (most probably some Lord Nelson bastardisation)

I'll be bringing a keg of ginger ring stinger again. This one will have habaneros and trinidad scorpions in it.

Liam_snorkel said:
I'll be bringing a keg of ginger ring stinger again. This one will have habaneros and trinidad scorpions in it.
LOL. My ring is still stinging from the last one! :huh:

Would anyone be interested in some apple and elderflower cider if I bring a keg? Or are you all beer snobs :ph34r:

Cheers - Snow

I'll have a go at it. just tell people it's a berliner weisse or something and watch them put their thinking faces on

Liam_snorkel said:
I'll have a go at it. just tell people it's a berliner weisse or something and watch them put their thinking faces on
Experimental fruit Saison :D. Brewing the Apricot sour tomorrow so thats what you'll get (unless I bollux something up).

STANDARD WARNING ABOUT USING 750ML PET BOTTLES (PLEASE KEEP THIS HERE).
1) Winkle, Hogshead Triple d'Houblon * (probable) or an Apricot Sour.
2) Beersuit.
3) Benken25
4) Earle (swapping but won't be able to attend)
5) Bradsbrew -
6) Robv
7) Liam_snorkel
8 ) lukiferj
9) Parks - I have 6 months to perfect an AIPA for this - you guys like AIPAs, right?
10) Daemon - Mocha Porter
11) Angus - beer
12) Jameson- scotch ale
13) ballantynebrew
14) TheCarbinator
15) NickB - probably something infected
16) Snow - "Batzlove" Imperial Witbier
17) Aydos - Blueberry and Black peppercorn Belgian stout.
18 ) Maxbroner
19) leahy268 - Will attempt to come in the swap again at the very least. - Not sure yet if I'll be able to come along though.
20) Donske - Rye Dark Mild
21) tazman1967 - Kraken Rum Oak Aged Stout
22) madpierre - If I may join the festivities, something beery and basic and depending on how future work roster holds up, for the moment I am in though

Attending (Not Swapping)
1) Gavo - Too lazy to swap
2) TidalPete -- Why do I keep on doing this to myself? Gotta bed Perry?
4) kegs23
5) Ross - Might be tied up with our brewery bar opening, but if not, I'm in.
6) Florian
7) Rowy (Clashes with another event but keen to attend) 30Pk XXXX Gold on ice and ready!

Liam_snorkel said:
Pretty sure you could find something in the host's garden to Randall it like last time if so inclined, that really was a rip- snorter. :D What was in that again- Kaffir Lime, Lemongrass and something else from Ben's garden? B)

yeah at various stages we ran it through lemongrass, birds eyes & kaffir lime leaves hehe.

Only a maybe at the moment TP, a conflicting family event is on the cards presently but should know for sure in the next fortnight. But if they can't decide, then I will!
Oh and err, how can I say this- the prospect of sharing a few glasses of Liam's tasty Ginger Ring Stinger is rather appealing... there, I did it! :p

RdeVjun said:
Only a maybe at the moment TP, a conflicting family event is on the cards presently but should know for sure in the next fortnight. But if they can't decide, then I will!
Oh and err, how can I say this- the prospect of sharing a few glasses of Liam's tasty Ginger Ring Stinger is rather appealing... there, I did it! :p
Oooohhhhh! It burnt so much I thought I'd swallowed a flame thrower :lol:

Gents I will bring with me some grouse empty glass bottles that are crackers for long term storage beers. Also some PET to give away. For the glass ones whoever stumps up with the biggest donation to a kids charity of our choice gets them. Winkle can take the donation on the night and post the receipt later.

Latest posts

Back