SE QLD Xmas-in-28th of June 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hotel didn't have rooms available that day"

Just picked up a sack of dingemans pils, some candi sugar and some 1762. Might brew an IPA for a change ;)

Some good suggestions, I guess the problem is that the hotel would have to be 'booked out' for the first two days, as I really can't see myself jumping on a plane with the kids, then a boat and then facing the extended inlaw family the morning after the swap. We all know how it feels the next day, it's usually pretty alright til lunch time but then goes very steep downhill.

Anyway, will try to work something out as I'm really not keen to miss this one.

We need you there Florian, I don't want to be the "last man standing" at 3am any more.
I think I've talked myself into brewing the UXO Belgian Pale for the swap.

winkle said:
We need you there Florian, I don't want to be the "last man standing" at 3am any more.
last man standing is not a good place to be the next morning If I can remember correctly :party:

campbells bed.jpg

winkle said:
I love it when things sort themselves out.

No idea how and why, but the date of this family thingy has mysteriously changed to about a week or so later.

So I will be reclaiming that title, which means that you can go to bed about a minute before me. That should make all the difference for your wellbeing the next day, Perry.

Not sure I will manage to brew for the occasion, but I will be turning up with beer of some sorts.

Just put your name down either way Donske, you'll be number 20, and of those there will be at least 6 or so dropping out from experience.

Hey, what about a new rule, everyone that drops out of the swap has to supply a carton of decent craft beer as substitute. Idea is stolen from Ross, and he also offered for people to drop off said carton at the shop so someone who does a CB run before the swap can pick them all up and take to the venue.

Not that I would care as I'm not swapping anyway, just throwing it out there.

Florian said:
I love it when things sort themselves out.

No idea how and why, but the date of this family thingy has mysteriously changed to about a week or so later.

So I will be reclaiming that title, which means that you can go to bed about a minute before me. That should make all the difference for your wellbeing the next day, Perry.

Not sure I will manage to brew for the occasion, but I will be turning up with beer of some sorts.
To feel well the next day you simply have a breakfast beer or two. That day is instantly good! (Next two are unfortunate though)
PS One of your Dunkels is always welcome...

edits = fat fingers

STANDARD WARNING ABOUT USING 750ML PET BOTTLES (PLEASE KEEP THIS HERE).
1) Winkle, a pink peppercorn IPA (If I perfect it!) or an Apricot Sour.
2) Beersuit.
3) Benken25
4) Earle (swapping but won't be able to attend)
5) Bradsbrew -
6) Robv
7) Liam_snorkel
8 ) lukiferj
9) Parks - I have 6 months to perfect an AIPA for this - you guys like AIPAs, right?
10) BPH87
11) Angus - beer
12) Jameson- scotch ale
13) ballantynebrew
14) TheCarbinator
15) NickB - probably something infected
16) Snow - "Batzlove" Imperial Witbier
17) Aydos - Blueberry and Black peppercorn Belgian stout.
18 ) Maxbroner
19) leahy268 - Will attempt to come in the swap again at the very least. - Not sure yet if I'll be able to come along though.
20) Donske - something resembling beer

Attending (Not Swapping)
1) Gavo - Too lazy to swap
2) TidalPete -- Why do I keep on doing this to myself? :ph34r: Gotta bed Perry? :)
4)kegs23
5) Might be tied up with our brewery bar opening, but if not, I'm in.
6) Tazman1967

only 3 months to go,i guess that means i only have 2 1/2 months to figure out what beer i am going to brew to bring on the day, might be leaning towards a USA IPA,

Not quite sure what I'll be swapping but the plan so far is to be dropped off so I can either battle florian for last man standing or battle kingbrown for first lady to do the phantom. :ph34r: :D

bradsbrew said:
Not quite sure what I'll be swapping but the plan so far is to be dropped off so I can either battle florian for last man standing...
More like first man sleeping and vomiting all over the bed if memory serves me right.

I have a brew I would like to put in..
Shall i make a reserve list.. or just get it ready for the flies to drop ?

Better put myself on the list so I can't get rejected at the door.

I've put you in the swap tazzie, with me not being the organiser and all.

STANDARD WARNING ABOUT USING 750ML PET BOTTLES (PLEASE KEEP THIS HERE).
1) Winkle, a pink peppercorn IPA (If I perfect it!) or an Apricot Sour.
2) Beersuit.
3) Benken25
4) Earle (swapping but won't be able to attend)
5) Bradsbrew -
6) Robv
7) Liam_snorkel
8 ) lukiferj
9) Parks - I have 6 months to perfect an AIPA for this - you guys like AIPAs, right?
10) BPH87
11) Angus - beer
12) Jameson- scotch ale
13) ballantynebrew
14) TheCarbinator
15) NickB - probably something infected
16) Snow - "Batzlove" Imperial Witbier
17) Aydos - Blueberry and Black peppercorn Belgian stout.
18 ) Maxbroner
19) leahy268 - Will attempt to come in the swap again at the very least. - Not sure yet if I'll be able to come along though.
20) Donske - something resembling beer
21) tazman

Attending (Not Swapping)
1) Gavo - Too lazy to swap
2) TidalPete -- Why do I keep on doing this to myself? :ph34r: Gotta bed Perry? :)
4)kegs23
5) Ross - Might be tied up with our brewery bar opening, but if not, I'm in.
6) Florian

No problem Florian,
I was happy to wait for the flies to drop, but all is good..

Your beers always taste infected these days Pete :lol:

Brett IPA in the fridge to try this weekend!

Latest posts

Back