Retail-low Prices

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All big mobs pay for shelf space at Wollies and Coles.
If the manufacturers and producers don't deliver they pay penalties.
The aim for the manufacturers and producers is not to produce solely to Wollies and Coles but make product that wollies and Coles want to have on the shelf and plenty of it.
Then you can start making Deals that is worth making.

I.e. if Coca Cola Amatil cannot fill their space(s), they will have to pay the margin(s) of the profits of another possible brand sale.
The major retail chains also has a window for deliveries I.e. 10 min and hold the manufactures at ransom for delivering on time and quantities.
This makes it difficult for any new or small business to grow and they tend to sell out to the bigger mobs as soon as they put a decent product out.

Support your local businesses by buying at least 20% of yopu groceries else where.
Fruit shops, butcher, bakeries, and local asian markets.
You'll find the produce taste better and fill you up more
At least that is my opinion...

As for some AHB retailer wanting to sell stuff cheap.
They is no real danger of CraftBrewer monopoly yet :p
matti

The Big "c" & "w" are blatently ripping us off with market power...

Why does Milk in the big 2 cost more than milk in other stores...its MILK ffs..

And Bread....why do we get charged $3 a loaf when I can buy bread for $ 1.10...

And WTF is this bullshit being charged $3 for a bottle of water...come on guys get a grip..

I have 2x 20Kltr tanks full of rain water.....makes it worth about... $120,000.....

But then again...how many are silly enough to pay $250 for Vista...when Linux is free... B)

Don't start talking about the price of packaged water. Damn, a commodity that falls from the sky being sold for $ per litre?!?

Yep and you can get if from a tap for free....well dependant on where you are...geeze some people are crazy when it comes to water.

MMMMM and what was my original post that started this thread. Oh thats right the price of eggs or was it tyres. Did not think this thread would keep rolling and rolling :(

BYB

The Big "c" & "w" are blatently ripping us off with market power...

Why does Milk in the big 2 cost more than milk in other stores...its MILK ffs..

And Bread....why do we get charged $3 a loaf when I can buy bread for $ 1.10...

And WTF is this bullshit being charged $3 for a bottle of water...come on guys get a grip..

I have 2x 20Kltr tanks full of rain water.....makes it worth about... $120,000.....

Buy at your local "''greengrocer"" and he will proberly sell you something grown in Australia.
Rotten Califronia oranges @ coles :icon_vomit: (3 months + shipping - and our growers are cutting back big-time)
Ha, fresher milk at the fruit shops and cheaper!!

But then again...how many are silly enough to pay $250 for Vista...when Linux is free... B)

I have been following the RETAIL Craftbrewer Goes Liquid with much amusement. It is amusing because of some of the negative posts. I mean you just can't please everyone.

To me the negative posts are from another retailer and should be just ignored as a ruffled rooster doing it few strangled crows.

Last year, while living in a remote area devoid of brew shops I did a lot of my shopping online. Ross was absolutely brilliant for being an *honest* online shop with great service, honesty and range. Previously I had purchased hops without knowing the alpha as well as the date of the hops, one particular retailer would often send a newer and older hop packet, I am guessing to try and clear older stock. Small amounts grain from other retailers were also over priced meaning that doing small all grain batches were hard to justify cost wise. Ross's range and prices made it feasible to put all grain recipes together at a price that made it cheaper or the same prices as doing kits. When I said something to the other retails about how the costs of grain by the kilo or gram were over priced all I got was a grunt of whateva - they just don't understand brewers or the market.

At the time I worked out prices for fresh yeast and I could get it direct from the US for the less than the price that I would in Australia as long as I purchased a bulk lot to keep me going for winter. The advantage was it was from a higher turnover area (fresher yeast) and I had an extensive range of yeasts to choose from. If I could get it cheaper at that time, I am guessing Ross can as well while making a reasonable profit.

To me that other brewing shop is not giving manufacturing dates for their yeast. Ross is giving dates. To me this is Craftbrewer just continuing to do what they have always done, giving honesty, good prices, extensive range and great service and advice.

I know who I am going to support no matter what crowing the other fowls do.

I have difficulty understanding a lot of this thread.
An on-line retailer comes up with a desirable product at a very good price.
I see no problem with that at all.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

However, almost immediately, complaints, suspicions, and thoughts of ulterior motives start up.
Looks to me like a lot of hoohah looking for non-existent problems to solve.

More power to Ross.
We still live in a relatively free society, and Ross is free to retail whatever he likes at whatever price he likes, until either:
1. He goes broke.
2. The ACCC or other legislative powers intervene (and I don't think this will ever happen).

FFS fellas. conspiracy theory much! really FFS

we constantly hunt round for cheaper prices, organise bulk buys etc etc all to save a buck, then a retailer offer some cheaper product than previous available and theres a mix suspicion, negative comment, support etc etc, Get a grip. do you guys make comment every time theres a change in grocery prices, or fast food or anything else (like beer :ph34r: - sorry i couldnt help it). leave the industry fighting to those in the industry, and just enjoy the service, products etc offered by all the really good HBS retailers (whether it be your LHBS, Craftbrewer, Beerbelly, G&G, Mashmaster, Gryphon or whoever).

Latest posts

Back