Gerry hates Amazon, so how will it change Home Brew ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brownsworthy said:
Minimum wage for a shop assistant in Australia is $18.50
You have entered a reality where train drivers earn 3 million dollars per year.

Yeah, I find that hard to take. 3 mill a year. My neighbour's a retard, sorry, retired train driver. I wouldn't trust him with a shopping trolley let alone a train. I blame unions.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Why do we need to be " wealthy '

What is the actual point in it
LSAC

http://growingupinaustralia.gov.au/

https://aifs.gov.au/media-centre/longitudinal-study-australias-children

Factors that influence a child’s health and development over time

Access to food and resources, post code of residence....according to research, money can play an important role in child development.

And don't respond with some quantification of 'wealthy' to discount the above.

But TBH, I hope Amazon thrive in Australia, they are a fascinating technology company and I think Gerry knows he will be dead before his empire collapses.

Mr B said:
Not greed, everyone wants to create wealth as best they can. Knowledge in this space can be an issue, but I reckon the investors you refer to are doing it in good faith unlike someone that intentionally rips others off to further their own means.

I dont think looking to further your own wealth is a.
Owning 20 houses and outbidding a young family to buy your 21st is not greed?... I'm calling BS.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I can buy a nice house in Grafton for under $300.....

Same house in the smoke.....not far of $1m

Who is the idiot
Grafton is a great place, quite beautiful actually. But there's very little industry and not many jobs. That's why real estate is comparatively affordable.

Mr B said:
Not greed, everyone wants to create wealth as best they can. Knowledge in this space can be an issue, but I reckon the investors you refer to are doing it in good faith unlike someone that intentionally rips others off to further their own means.

I dont think looking to further your own wealth is a bad thing (You might do this simply by working OT etc), and particularly being able to assist your kids set up to a successful future, including being able to provide a good eduction etc, is not driven by greed. Most people need something other than the direct income they receive by working, if they are lucky enough to have enough extra to do so.
If greed isn't the driving factor for people to take up offers which are to good to be true then more people would get caught in the web of deceit that is spun, the old saying, 'If it's too good to be true then it probably isn't'.
Unfortunately greed is another one of those emotions that we have to keep in check.

It's about reigning in the excess. 1 or two investment properties? Okay.

5, 10, 20+ ?

No.

good4whatAlesU said:
Grafton is a great place, quite beautiful actually. But there's very little industry and not many jobs. That's why real estate is comparatively affordable.
Pretty much sums up most of Australia

Brownsworthy said:
Minimum wage for a shop assistant in Australia is $18.50
http://www.retailwages.com.au/

Can only tell you what the real figure is after we also pay super annuation, work cover, etc, not taking into account staff development etc.

Not complaining about it. Good staff are an asset to any business and worth every cent.

people do end to forget the hidden costs of staff.....

:icon_offtopic: and now some of the incentive of getting people to get out of bed on a weekend has been erroded.....

The SMH today confirms amazon is a game changer , the article says it's easier to list what they don't sell.

Latest posts

Back