Another bloke another Xmas Cooper's kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Björnarr

Reaction score
Hey fellas hope we're all well and downing some good brews.
I'm new to this as the thread title entails, the missus bought me a Cooper's kit for Xmas and in qld the weather is terrible for it as the first can that came with the kit was of course a lager, makes no sense for Xmas time marketing when the brews is sposed to be done at a reasonable temperature.

Either way got off to a flying train crash by adding too much water to my wort probably 2 extra litres and so far have been doing all the don'ts 😬
It sat in secondary light through ferment and well the general temp as I mentioned before, also trying my brews early.... Whoops but in a weird twist the early ones I tried had froth and plenty of carb whereas the couple I have poured this evening have not been flat but no head (yes I know about the glasses issue) only ever had beer in the pints and only washed with laundry powder then thorough hot water rinse)

Anyway already bottled my second batch with a bit more time reading beforehand, can't wait for the ipa to be ready with a dry hop of eclipse.

I'm the type of bloke that like to jump in the deep end and experiment and learn from mistakes so from that I'm sure you'll glean I'm not so keen on rules but I understand here that some things must remain sacred,
So I look forward to getting some heavy reading done, asking questions and becoming involved in some general discussion about our highest love.... Don't tell the missus I said it 😂

Welcome mate, it's all a learning process and a slippery slope as well.
Best advice I can offer is take your time, read a lot, watch youtube vids and you'll have a better handle on things .

Oh, and sanitation, followed by temp control are probably the 2 most important things to get right in brewing.

Cheers!

Thanks beergree appreciate the advice temp control is something I have to really get on top of there are no cool spots at my place and the missus cracked it already for taking up the laundry sink and that was only for an overnight cold crash 😂

Thanks beergree appreciate the advice temp control is something I have to really get on top of there are no cool spots at my place and the missus cracked it already for taking up the laundry sink and that was only for an overnight cold crash 😂

easy fixed for temp control buy an inkbird 308 wifi model and use the fridge to ferment in

your wife may not be over the moon with that idea but hey temp control fixed

seriously buy a second hand fridge you can pick them up rather cheaply and use as a fermentation fridge

easy fixed for temp control buy an inkbird 308 wifi model and use the fridge to ferment in

your wife may not be over the moon with that idea but hey temp control fixed

seriously buy a second hand fridge you can pick them up rather cheaply and use as a fermentation fridge
Thanks mate I have been scrounging around on gumtree so definitely on the cards also helps cut out the light issue I've got, best way to explain my situation is missus mum moved in as she's older but nothing bloody wrong her... Anyway my garage has a houseload of hoarded gear from the last 100 years or so, I've been pushing to get my workplace back so with any luck will re-esyablish my machine shop and add a bar set up then will look to kegging, for now stuck with carboy on the dining table or laundry and bottling, appreciate the advice I'll check out the inkbird mate 🍺

Latest posts

Back