Qld Beer Week 16-22 July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up t'coast and will check out the Sunny Coast brewery pishab shack later and see if they have anything going.
Greg might be away some days in Briso for Beer Week, maybe ring and check if you wanted to have a chin wag.

Beer week - running hot in 1.5 hrs, Eeeehaaarr. Pity I have to work til 3 <_<

It begins :beer:

I'm going to these events;

Mon: The Scratch - Brewtal Brewers (Just a few around lunch time due to work)
Tue: Would've gone to Viven Film night at the Scratch but work ruined that
Wed: The German Club - Schneider Weisse Extreme Wheat Beer Degustation
Thur: Archive - Little Creatures Lunch & Plough Inn - Matilda Bay Degustation
Fri: ?
Sat: The Scratch - Home brew feature (looking forward to having a mates (stillscottish) beer on tap)

Bring it on !!

I wonder if a giant inflatable penis will make a guest appearance?

Greg might be away some days in Briso for Beer Week, maybe ring and check if you wanted to have a chin wag.

Beer week - running hot in 1.5 hrs, Eeeehaaarr. Pity I have to work til 3 <_<

Winkle, what time you going to Scratch? Was thinking of popping in on my way home from work....

Thanks to the Reds making the finals, I'll be missing out on the Italian beer night on Saturday. kinda sad but also very happy :blink:

Cheers - Snow

Winkle, what time you going to Scratch? Was thinking of popping in on my way home from work....

Thanks to the Reds making the finals, I'll be missing out on the Italian beer night on Saturday. kinda sad but also very happy :blink:

Cheers - Snow

I should be there by 4pm mate, only in for a few today - got volumes to calculate tomorrow :(

Not hitting Archive for the Facebook thing? I'm very tempted, though SWMBO may suggest otherwise....

Stopped in today to try Brewtal Brewing at The Scratch and loved both the beers get in to try them if you can.

Brisbane River Brown - Imperial Brown Ale 8.6%
Grind Core - Coffee Porter 7.2%

I don't like coffee and I still enjoyed the porter and the brown was great

I wonder if a giant inflatable penis will make a guest appearance?

Ha ha it's mandatory now !

Not hitting Archive for the Facebook thing? I'm very tempted, though SWMBO may suggest otherwise....

Foot placed firmly down on that one (and to be fair I have a metric sh*t-load of work work to do tomorrow, which wouldn't happen if I got on the larikin soup with Joey and co tonight :rolleyes: ). Be in at Archive later in the week, the grudging trade off today was to nip in for a couple at Scratch.
Brisbane River Brown - Imperial Brown Ale 8.6%
Grind Core - Coffee Porter 7.2%
Damm good beers those two, add Ross's XXXXXXX Ale+ the other taps and its going to get really loose in there quickly tonight. There are balloons all over the floor as a safety precaution, well done chaps! ;)

I have a spare ticket for the Boring Beer Festival tomorrow if someone wants it.

What is it Ben?
Here's the blurb...

"In these days of craft beer and crazy brewers, beer festivals are normally dripping with crazy-arsed, one-of-a-kind beers, barrel-aged in this or collaborated with that. That's great. That's part of the excitement that keeps craft beer interesting and newsworthy. Still, while everyone else is celebrating the biggest and baddest, those contrarians at Australian brews news want to take things down a notch and celebrate the best of the everyday beers, the beers that remind us of the simple pleasure of everyday beers, that let us enjoy a good beer while letting us put the focus on where it should be when we're with friends' on the people we're with. Help celebrate international brewers day with Australian brews news and some really good but, well - let's face it, quite boring beers. After all, it's when these beers are on tap everywhere that we can say that the craft beer revolution has won."
Mr. Brews News himself, Matt Kirkegaard teams up with the scratch for a night of appreciation of some of our finest local staples. Expect a night of old school fun including raffles, games and other goodtime shenanigans as well as hearty discussion and debate.
Proceeds from the night to go towards the scratch's charity of choice.

Ok, thats the Brewtal Brewers and Viven "film" nite crossed off. Hang in there liver, German club tonight!

Thoughts on the first night? Good? Bad? Ugly? :lol:
The Brewtal Brewers beers were very tasty, particularly the Brown.
In hindsight things might have been better the next day if I had gone home after Archive rather than going back to the Scratch but it was fun though...

International Brewers day at Scratch tonight, then Meat and Greet tomorrow at Kerbside. I'm gettin thirsty!!

Do you need to register for this? Been meaning to get down to the scratch at some point and today has been a shit day. I work in the valley and could really go a beer.

Do you need to register for this? Been meaning to get down to the scratch at some point and today has been a shit day. I work in the valley and could really go a beer.
It has sold out, but I have a spare ticket if you want to go... $10 which is going to a charity of the Scratch's choice...
PM me for a mobile number if you want it...

please keep up the reviews for the week, unfortunately i cant make it to anything as our new born son is only a few weeks old.

will have to make up for it at armakegon!

It has sold out, but I have a spare ticket if you want to go... $10 which is going to a charity of the Scratch's choice...
PM me for a mobile number if you want it...
Never mind. Ticket is gone. Beer time soon...

Damn, wish I had seen this earlier :(

Oh well, be good to save money I think... Or maybe just go to Archive :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back