Nsw Xmas In July Case 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id love to join in the fun again folks but ive stopped brewing till further notice.

I have managed to infect 400 liters of beer in the last few months so something is very wrong somewhere. Either in the outlet of my kettle or its in my firmenters.

Im almost out of beer so it will be cordial for me for the next few months till i can afford to replace all my brewing equipment.

The rig will be getting rebuilt too with some mods to how i drain from the kettle.

maybe next year.

cheers

Thats a shame Tony both for you not joining and your infected rig.
Cheers
Steve

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab
10. Insight
11. redbeard - my beer is going to ELEVEN !!
12. Gulpa
13. SAH
14. HomeBrewWorld.com
15.BeerSlayer

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab
10. Insight
12. Gulpa
13. SAH
14. HomeBrewWorld.com
15.BeerSlayer
16. Schooey

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab
10. Insight
12. Gulpa
13. SAH
14. HomeBrewWorld.com
15.BeerSlayer
16. Schooey
17. Pint of Lager

Damn POL, I missed you last time.

You guys are in for a treat.

Id love to join in the fun again folks but ive stopped brewing till further notice.

I have managed to infect 400 liters of beer in the last few months so something is very wrong somewhere. Either in the outlet of my kettle or its in my firmenters.

Im almost out of beer so it will be cordial for me for the next few months till i can afford to replace all my brewing equipment.

The rig will be getting rebuilt too with some mods to how i drain from the kettle.

maybe next year.

cheers

Mate!

That's gotta hurt! I hope you get back online soon.

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab
10. Insight
12. Gulpa
13. SAH
14. HomeBrewWorld.com
15.BeerSlayer
16. Schooey
17. Pint of Lager
18. Thirstywench ( added via proxy , per telephone this evening ) - no nominated brew yet

Thirstywench is keen to share and sample this case, and has asked me to get her name on the list ASAP. (That's why I'm adding it now).

Seth out :p

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab
10. Insight
12. Gulpa
13. SAH
14. HomeBrewWorld.com
15.BeerSlayer
16. Schooey
17. Pint of Lager
18. Thirstywench
19. Josh

In a house with a couple of mates and back brewing to my hearts content. Can't wait for the swap.

I'd just like to point out to everyone something from the first post.

1. You will supply 28 bottles of your finest hand crafted

It's been a bit disappointing in some cases that some beers haven't quite measured up to that. Of course, beers go bad or don't turn out quite as you expected them to (and I'm certainly guilty of that with my last case swap beer) but it has been suggested that some people might not have put the effort in that they would have if their lives depended on it. :eek: I think it might be a good idea to have a deadline of two weeks before the swap and if people's beers haven't worked out or they're just not able to get the beer made in time they could drop out by then. Sound ok?

And so, my fellow AHBers: ask not what your case can do for you - ask what you can do for your case. My fellow citizens of the forum: ask not what other brewers will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of beer. Finally, whether you are citizens of NSW or even of the ACT, ask of us the same high standards of strength and bitterness which we ask of you. With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to make the beer we love, asking for blessing and for help, but knowing that here on earth, yeast's work must truly be our own.

It's been a bit disappointing in some cases that some beers haven't quite measured up to that. Of course, beers go bad or don't turn out quite as you expected them to (and I'm certainly guilty of that with my last case swap beer) but it has been suggested that some people might not have put the effort in that they would have if their lives depended on it. :eek: I think it might be a good idea to have a deadline of two weeks before the swap and if people's beers haven't worked out or they're just not able to get the beer made in time they could drop out by then. Sound ok?

And so, my fellow AHBers: ask not what your case can do for you - ask what you can do for your case. My fellow citizens of the forum: ask not what other brewers will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of beer. Finally, whether you are citizens of NSW or even of the ACT, ask of us the same high standards of strength and bitterness which we ask of you. With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final judge of our deeds, let us go forth to make the beer we love, asking for blessing and for help, but knowing that here on earth, yeast's work must truly be our own.

Bloody beautiful speech. If you were running for Parliament or Pope I'd vote for you !! :D

Fully endorse your comments. Love the taste of other peoples products and getting feedback on my own. Has helped me expand my tastes and improved my knowledge big time. Love these case swaps.

I didn't think your NSW Xmas beer was totally crap .. :lol:

For any new contributors, my main bit of advise is make sure you have enough wort in the fermenter to make 28 bottles. My first attempt came up short by two bottles, so I had to brew a second effort (by luck, this one was better than the first anyway)

Looking forward to your brews

I didn't think your NSW Xmas beer was totally crap .. :lol:

No, it wasn't crap, but it didn't come out quite as I wanted it. And I've certainly had infected beers of my own (not in cases luckily) so I know how that can be, just hoping everyone can give it a good go. And have a taste of the beer before bottling it. If you have to spit it out in disgust, maybe it's time to drop out. :lol:

*Stuster realises he's cursed his own case entry now. Goes to find lucky rabbit's foot and put on lucky (hop) sock.*

It's been a bit disappointing in some cases that some beers haven't quite measured up to that. Of course, ......sermon delete :D

Forgive me father for I have sinned........... sinned against the Lord of the Brew. From this day forward I promise to brew only that which is pure and good. I shall scrub and sanitise so that thoust brewing machinery is rid of all beelzbugs. Only using the purest of malt, water, hops, yeast, ..................................yeast nutrient, water salts, brewpot finings, polyclar...... vssst sorry.

And on the 7th day....................... OK, 21st day with a bit of conditioning, we will share thoust Swap beer, and lo, it was good

Amen.

3 Hail Mary's and 2 Hows your fathers.................

I see that there's a decent Wollongong constituency

May as well join in the fun!

1. Stuster
2. Steve
3. nifty
4. PoMo
5. Crozdog
6. Kabooby
7. Fatgodzilla
8. Muggus
9. floppinab
10. Insight
12. Gulpa
13. SAH
14. HomeBrewWorld.com
15. BeerSlayer
16. Schooey
17. Pint of Lager
18. Thirstywench
19. Josh
20. Cortez The Killer

Cheers

put the effort in that they would have if their lives depended on it.

I always brew as if my life depends on it (and I hope others do to especially in a case swap). My brewing/drinking ratio is on a very fine line. Any stuff ups means I have to go buy Melbourne Bitter for two weeks :eek:
Cheers
Steve

Forgive me father for I have sinned........... sinned against the Lord of the Brew. From this day forward I promise to brew only that which is pure and good. I shall scrub and sanitise so that thoust brewing machinery is rid of all beelzbugs. Only using the purest of malt, water, hops, yeast, ..................................yeast nutrient, water salts, brewpot finings, polyclar...... vssst sorry.

And on the 7th day....................... OK, 21st day with a bit of conditioning, we will share thoust Swap beer, and lo, it was good

Amen.

3 Hail Mary's and 2 Hows your fathers.................

Don't forget to read Saint Anthony of the Hunter's thread (400 lost souls .. litres) to know the Devil lurks where you yeast expect.

I see that there's a decent Wollongong constituency

Indeed. I used to be the only one in these things. We should organise a car pool for the swap day. My van would take quite a few milk crates. Never done the calcs, but "lots".

Any stuff ups means I have to go buy Melbourne Bitter for two weeks :eek:

You're living life on the edge there. Dangerous stuff.
eek4.gif
nono2.gif

Indeed. I used to be the only one in these things. We should organise a car pool for the swap day. My van would take quite a few milk crates. Never done the calcs, but "lots".

Your turn to drive Rob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I'll have my bus ready just in case!!

Latest posts

Back