NSW AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size bottles for the NSW AHB Xmas Case ?

• 375 ml bottles please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 ml bottles please

• 750 ml bottles please

• Don't Care

• Total voters
Stickler said:
I'll be in. I'll be using 375ml crown seals.

Cheers, Nick
[post="68475"][/post]​

There's always a non-conformist :lol:

:p

Aww come on people, we all know size doesn't matter. :unsure:

No it's the 17 other boxes that it has to fit in...(excuse the pun) :wacko:

Fair enough, I got enthusiastic and jumped in without checking out all the details :beerbang: . I should be able to track down some longnecks from somewhere.

Doc,

Actually Beer slayer is at Bexley, near Hurstville

If there's space left in the case, I'll go in too (especially keen if the drop-off/pickup point is in Southern Sydney). I have a killer Foreign Extra Stout recipe... so long as we don't have too many other stouts in the list.

Does that push the numbers to 19 now? be nice ot get a full 24. I think id still consider doing 2 bottles each. I know its probably a pain in the ass, but the more beers you get the better i think. Even if people did 2 different brews.

Edit:
Could also be used as an experiment by people if they wanted to experiment with differnet yeasts. Maybe make 1 batch with one yeast and another with the other yeast. A good way of getting lots of peoples opinions on the differnet yeasts, dry hopping etc etc.

As an aside, is there any IT techo here. Maybe a site could be set up where everyody could log in and leave a quick comment on each beer. Gives everybody a lot of feedback from a lot of people. Maybe this is getting a bit complex. But its a good clean way of keeping track of all the beers.

berto said:
Does that push the numbers to 19 now? be nice ot get a full 24. I think id still consider doing 2 bottles each. I know its probably a pain in the ass, but the more beers you get the better i think. Even if people did 2 different brews.

Edit:
Could also be used as an experiment by people if they wanted to experiment with differnet yeasts. Maybe make 1 batch with one yeast and another with the other yeast. A good way of getting lots of peoples opinions on the differnet yeasts, dry hopping etc etc.

As an aside, is there any IT techo here. Maybe a site could be set up where everyody could log in and leave a quick comment on each beer. Gives everybody a lot of feedback from a lot of people. Maybe this is getting a bit complex. But its a good clean way of keeping track of all the beers.
[post="68661"][/post]​
Are you offering to sort out the 1152 bottles into cases?

Yeah, to some extent the more the merrier, but if we are getting up near 24 I think 1 longneck each is getting more realistic than 2. I will of course bow to the group will, but would prefer to do 1 full brew for the case rather than 2 :)

Shawn.

Gough said:
Yeah, to some extent the more the merrier, but if we are getting up near 24 I think 1 longneck each is getting more realistic than 2. I will of course bow to the group will, but would prefer to do 1 full brew for the case rather than 2 :)

Shawn.
[post="68668"][/post]​

Ditto that.

Us Novocastrians couldn't fit any more than 24 bottles in our shoeboxes anyways. :lol:

:blink:

I think that one longneck each will be the go now that we are fast approaching the two case mark.
A new thread can be created to discuss and compare tasting notes, and potentially another thread that contains the recipes for those who aren't part of the swap.
The recipe should be included with your case, or a link provided to where the recipe can be viewed online.

Beers,
Doc

Doc, should that be 24 copies of your recipe. Perhaps a recipe thread will be better. Less physical stuff to handle. Whoever gets to sort this out will have enough on their plate.

Borret

OK then, it seems 1 bottle is the go. I'm happy to send, include, post, copy, carrier pigeon :lol: my recipe, whatever everyone agrees on.

Now, what will we all brew? I'm pretty flexible really. I'm happy enough brewing a Best Bitter, an Aussie Pale Ale, a Kolsch, an Amarillo APA, an Amber Ale, a Pilsner, maybe a Helles - if it is to be a lager style though I'll need to know earlier to plan my fridge space I guess. Let's all have a think and maybe try not to double up too much. It doesn't matter if we do though I guess. It is all good :)

Looking forward to it,

Shawn.

Let's all have a think and maybe try not to double up too much. It doesn't matter if we do though I guess. It is all good

Say no more !
No two beers, will be the same !

I recon, brew your ripp snorter and send it into the Xmas Case.
Thats what makes Xmas,Xmas !!!
i.e Not knowing what ya gettin,

:beerbang:

Ok so seems as this will be the first year i've joined the xmas case i just want to confim what i have to get together.

-24 x 750ml tallies of the best brew i can make.
-24 x recipe sheets
-And drop it off at a yet to be determined sorting house.

Is this correct?

And in return i will get....

-24 x 750ml tallies each bottle brewed by a different member of the xmas case
-24 x recipe sheets for each brew.
-And I will have to collect this from the sorting house?

Correct? Have we got dates confirmed yet?

Too late to get on board????

I'm only doing ESB fresh wort and ESB 3kg packs ATM, but am hoping to step up to AG really soon. This might be the thing that finally gets me to do it.

Let me know, if it's ok?

Cheers,
Jase

Jase.. i would think it's fine... until there is 24 people involved, for 1 bottle each. I think that was the cut off.?? (doc?)

Hopsta.. thats how i believe the system to work. seems most logical.

If you're still trying to make up the numbers you can count me in.
I'm 1/2 way between Sydney & Newcastle but would prefer a Newcastle pick-up. :beer:

Latest posts

Back