Any Brew Clubs, or even Informal Brewer's Gatherings, in the Illawarra/Wollongong/South Coast Region of NSW?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dough

Reaction score
G'Day Brewers,
I'm in the Kiama Area in NSW, about 30min south of Wollongong, on the Illawarra/South Coast region of NSW and would like to meet up with other brewers for tastings, case swaps, and general brewing discussion, demo days, etc.

There doesn't seem to be an "official" club in the area, with the closest clubs being in the Southern Highlands, South Sydney or perhaps the Shoalhaven.

Does anyone know of any gatherings, official or otherwise, of two or more home brewers of any skill level in the Wollongong/Illawarra/South Coast of NSW?

Cheers!
Rob

Illawarra Brewers Union have a facebook page also search here for IBU

I am in Mt Keira, my neighbour and I are both brewers, would be interested but not on facebook, and never will be!

I am in Mt Keira, my neighbour and I are both brewers, would be interested but not on facebook, and never will be!
Thanks for replying, and good to hear your neighbor is a brewer. I think I know what you mean about facebook, I have zero public social media presence, only ever using it for it's second hand market and eBay an Gumtree have really dropped off. I'll shoot you a PM this weekend.

There are many brewers south of Sydney and down the coast, they just aren't on this forum much now.

There used to be a IBU subforum on here back in the day but that got deleted. Now it’s all scattered across discord, Facebook and WhatsApp. There’s still regular bulk buys for hops and grain happening.
I don’t have admin rights but if you send me a pm I’ll ask to get you added to the various channels 🍻

Latest posts

Back