NSW AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What size bottles for the NSW AHB Xmas Case ?

• 375 ml bottles please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 ml bottles please

• 750 ml bottles please

• Don't Care

• Total voters
KoNG said:
just a small point,
guys i'm not AG yet, just dont have the space or my own place...
is that OK.... or does it have to be AG.?? i will be able to provide a partial though albiet in my early stages.
[post="63866"][/post]​

No pressure. I'd be quite happy to sample any good brew, be it ag, pm, extract or kit.

Do wot U can, and try and make it interesting.

Anyone wanna make some Dortmunder 4 the case? Gee I'd like some...

I don't think it matters if 2 people make the same style. It's never gonna be the same beer anyway, due to differences in water, malts, hops, technique, kismet, paranoia, Nostradamus' prophecies... Where am I going? That's right, I was saying that it doesn't matter if we get more than 1 of the same style and may be a good thing for comparison to be made.

Macr, time to get more brewing experience? Start now! U still have months b4 the case is due.

As long as it's drinkable, eh? :party:

Seth :p

Looks like we have a Brewers Dozen.
I don't think we are going to get many more from Sydney.
The Poll looks like 750ml bottles are the winner too.

SYDNEY (11)
Tim
Hopsta
Duff
Doc
Stuster
KoNG
Nifty
Homebrewworld
Kungy
Berto
Linz

NEWCASTLE (3)
Gough
Weizguy
Borret

BATHURST (1)
Pint of Lager

Beers,
Doc

I'll put my oar in if its not too late. been slack lately & should spoke up earlier. now to find some longnecks ...

Are we to mention "What" we are putting in?? to avoid double ups on beers or are we happy to compare ones pale ale against another??

Also when is the day???cut off..want to have them conditioned just right

might have a few extras coming into this too( reason for bringing it to the top)

Did we decide on what material the 750's would be made from? I'm happy with glass if that's what I'll get back, but otherwise.......

Borret.

Borret said:
Did we decide on what material the 750's would be made from? I'm happy with glass if that's what I'll get back, but otherwise.......

Borret.
[post="67817"][/post]​

I'll be using glass longnecks, but I'm afraid they'll just be your garden variety twisties.

Shawn.

Perhaps I'll keep checking the roadside for fresh twisties on the way home each day again. Has been done in the past..... :lol:

Mine will be in standard twist top glass longnecks.

My 2c would be to try and all brew something different for best selection. Should we put forward a list of beers we have and feel comfortable brewing so we can finalise details. Some may wish to brew a lager or pils etc., which they might want to do in the next month or two.

Is it better to know what is being brewed?

Was it done this way last year?

I'm flexible, and happy to make weizen, dunkelweizen, choc porter, smoked stout, Berliner weisse or Coopers Bitter (supermarket can) :lol: .

Prob only one of these, tho'.

Like Gough suggests, cheap twist-top 750ml bottles are easy to get, if the group is OK with that.

Seth :p

im quite happy with twisty longnecks. im not fussed if there is a few the same. perhaps we can organise a brew session or at least a bbq on a sat & swap bottles then. would the newcastle / bathurst people be interested in a weekend trip, in say november ?

Hi all
Id like to be included in the xmas group if it is not to late. Any size bottle is ok with me. Im in Sydney at Bexley if that is any help for a drop off point. Has a final descision been made when the cut off is or what bottle size??
Cheers Beer Slayer :beer:

Im also of the 750 ml twisty.

About to get brewin'(not right now!!)

Yep 750ml twisty tops for me. I'm sure I should be able to dig up enough.

As for what I'll brew, I'm thinking a Saison, HourglassIPA, Oktoberfest or Dubbel.

Beers,
Doc

OK, I'm thinking of brewing a Weizenbock, Stout, English Brown or Kolsch.

I'll put my hand up as well as a distribution point if needed, we have a double garage converted into a rumpus room style. No cars inside so plenty of floor space to store the stash, mix and distribute by pick up. Easy access on Windsor Rd, Baulkham Hills. Redbeard's idea of a meet and greet to swap also sounds good.

I am going to do an IPA ..of sorts

should be interesting

How many bottles are we up for???just so I can set the batch size....

30 I would have thought if you go by Docs list. 15 punters and 2 each makes for a perfect 23L brew for those involved who don't have the flexibility of non kit based quantities. ..... Did that make sense?... You get the picture

Borret :blink:

Dang.....going to have to upsize my batch..need some testers

Otherwise its chocolate stout for christmas

Actually can you confirm the case members Doc. It appears we have a few late coming requests which would make the case start to bulge and the kit beers taste watery. Your call.

Borret

Borret said:
Actually can you confirm the case members Doc. It appears we have a few late coming requests which would make the case start to bulge and the kit beers taste watery. Your call.

Borret
[post="68408"][/post]​

Sorry just read over the thread. Appears 1 longneck per customer is the go. Makes life a bit more manageable. But we still need a final rollcall. Can someone confirm?

Borret

We are currently sitting at 17.
The Poll looks like 750ml bottles are the winner too.
So do we have another seven takers to make it two cases, or do we close it here ?
Quick speak up.

SYDNEY (12)
Tim
Hopsta
Duff
Doc
Stuster
KoNG
Nifty
Homebrewworld
Kungy
Berto